#241 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostThat Dawg, on 06 May 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

Just checked, 7PM EST, 113 players.....

come back to pugs, we are a friendly group who will welcome you to the fold, not chide you for being solo and we promise, a match every couple minutes, 24/7

You mean we can have a skull bashing every couple of minutes? You promise?? Yay just what Ive always wanted!

I kid. I know you mean well (or hope you do :) )

CW just isnt very Pug friendly and definitely not solo friendly. Its just not meant for a lot of us.

You CW guys should be doing ok though, right? 113 players is almost 10 groups. 5 on each side. Not a lot I know but sounds good enough to keep you guys in a game most of the time I think.

#242 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:18 PM

Posted Image

Edited by That Dawg, 06 May 2015 - 04:21 PM.

#243 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:17 PM

View PostMystere, on 06 May 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

I don't know about "progressed" ...

Yes, by all accounts so far, The Avengers: Age of Ultron is a huge financial blockbuster. But as a cinematic achievement worthy of praise, I quote:
  • "... at close to two and half hours, I could not wait for this thing to end."
  • "More does not necessarily equal better; here, more is just … meh."
  • "... its fairly simple story is overloaded with pointless convolutions ..."
  • "... mostly registers as yet another Marvel punchplosion."
  • "... leaves us with the nagging feeling that we've been here too many times before."
:ph34r:

Still... the next marvel movie will rake in the big bux... just like the next CoDoody...

#244 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:32 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 06 May 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

Indeed

Posted Image

#245 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:50 AM

View PostCzarr, on 02 May 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

you can thank PGI for this

they needed to stop 12 mans from pug smashing because the vast majority of players are casual players who pug and are not in a 12 man. They could have created separate queues long ago but they didn't

and now people are leaving and this game's servers will soon be no more, i haven't seen so many people leave a game so quickly since Everquest 2

People keep saying this since closed beta.
And still we are here.
If i would get 1 $ for every time i read "xyz part of the game/the game itself is dead" i would own a villa on my own god damnd island.

#246 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:07 AM

One thing that bothers me is just waiting, and waiting in queues..

I just want to get into the fight, and keep fighting.. To have been playing queues at a match by match basis, it has gotten a little old.
(Still love the game however! Still Play it! Everyday, almost..)

THE TECH ALREADY EXISTS IN GAME, PPL CAN DISSCONNECT AND RECONNECT FREELY! Why can't it make new people or teams connect?
NOW ADD IN MORE OBJECTIVES TO GIVE PPL TIME TO JOIN, HELL WHY NOT EVEN THOSE LITTLE MISSION ROLES YOU WERE THINNKING ABOUT. (IE: Scout area, etc.) Or have those call to arms go out for areas, that are being scouted by an unopposed team?

I understand the game is all about combat, but combat isnt always just all about combat!

If you win a zone/area/whatever without an opposing team then rewards could be less then a zone with a full scale invasion happening. <-- Talking about the ghost drop thing..
Make a ghost drop something more like hey noone is here so let give the team a scouting opportunity, or something else other then HEY LETS JUST KILL AN UNGUARDED BASE) They should have some objective(s) to do while the player limit per zone/instance is getting filled up then once it has a dynamic switch should occur, giving players a totally new set of objective(s). Dynamic Persistant Skirmishes .... Give us D.P.S.

So now a team, or individuals can just hit a drop button (on a specific region) and fight, or reinforce an already taking place battle, or start one! (it kinda makes the call to arms have more meaning. Cuz I know when See one I feel like OH SNAP! We're UNDER ATTACK! Then I click on one and I feel like, hmm it must not have been very urgent to sit here waiting... )
If there is already 48 mechs there (If that's a restriction set for min specs or something) send them to another instance, or zone, or etc.

Maybe some of use want to stretch the durability of our mechs and fight and kill 80+ mechs, and not just mindlessly rush 3 objectives (wasting 4 of our precious mechs), for a measily rewarded win. I'm sorry I feel like CW Just doesnt have much meaning, and I'm All about my faction!

HAHA thats how I feel anyways... I STILL LOVE YOU MWO! =P

Edited by Omaha, 07 May 2015 - 03:38 AM.

#247 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:58 AM

I did 6 unit drops last night. CW was largely a wasteland. I have said it before ... immediately resetting the map after the week long event wasn't the best of ideas. I think it would have better served PGI to take a CW breather and launch with some fanfare Beta 2. NS is still managing 12+ each night ... but it is a bit lackluster as not many teams are around to fight against. I kinda hope -MS- goes Smoke Jag next contract and turns around to attack into Kurita just so we all have something to do. At this point I am not sure I care at all whatsoever about planets ... just want a match on a consistent basis.

#248 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:02 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 02 May 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

TThe byproduct of these recent events seems to be that they suck in a ton of players to play a lot in a short period of time, get burned out, then leave until the next one.

The regular queues are not very full etiher.....long waits for drops and keep seeing the same people over and over.

I've recently become addicted to Feed the Beast... again...

#249 McScwizzy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:39 AM

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm kinda burned out on CW after Tukayyid. So I'm just dropping public matches to grind up some C-Bills for my 3rd Timby. I'll drop in CW with my unit, but heck lately it's mostly been pug drops.

#250 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:02 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 07 May 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

I did 6 unit drops last night. CW was largely a wasteland. I have said it before ... immediately resetting the map after the week long event wasn't the best of ideas. I think it would have better served PGI to take a CW breather and launch with some fanfare Beta 2. NS is still managing 12+ each night ... but it is a bit lackluster as not many teams are around to fight against. I kinda hope -MS- goes Smoke Jag next contract and turns around to attack into Kurita just so we all have something to do. At this point I am not sure I care at all whatsoever about planets ... just want a match on a consistent basis.

I agree that PGI resetting the map after the event was a poor decision, because there really was no NEED to reset it. If they actually introduced something into CW that was affected by planetary control , then fine reset it, but there was nothing game breaking. So after that whole week of everyone playing it, it is now slim pickings. PGI should make an effort to draw players into CW that is permanent, not some weekend or week long event, that means actually producing content other than a map,or a new mech..

#251 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

View PostGrynos, on 07 May 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

I agree that PGI resetting the map after the event was a poor decision, because there really was no NEED to reset it. If they actually introduced something into CW that was affected by planetary control , then fine reset it, but there was nothing game breaking. So after that whole week of everyone playing it, it is now slim pickings. PGI should make an effort to draw players into CW that is permanent, not some weekend or week long event, that means actually producing content other than a map,or a new mech..

It'd need more variety for any sort of long term appeal. Or at least that's how it is for myself and those in my unit. The Invasion and Counter-Attack modes are just not that interesting overall. As one of my guys puts it "Lances have no purpose" and I agree with that sentiment. There is no reason to divide the team into lances when everyone huddles together and force marches into the same attack lane(s) for strength in numbers.

Adding objectives that break lances up, but still keep a company on the field, or make it so a lance can operate a little more independently would go to great lengths to add some variety. Otherwise I've found that every fight I do in CW is much like the previous fight on that particular map. Everyone picks the same routes, and uses relatively similar tactics. Then it comes down to mech-choice/durability/luck in some of the exchanges of weapons fire as to who gets to the big "W."

I'd like to see CW be something more, but that's the same for a lot of the core mechanics in the title as well. There are things I feel are just off and at this point, my friends and I, are sticking to the group queue when we play. The Tukayyid event I think displayed a lot of flaws in the existing system from map design to generator placement to even weapon balance.

#252 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

View PostTaemien, on 06 May 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

You might say 13% is a small number. But how much of that 13% is paying more than their fair share? Competitive players pay extraordinary amounts to stay competitive. So sorry -that- argument isn't holding any weight. But like I said, head off to the bathroom and do us all a favor.

What you say is, that 13% of the playerbase are using more average resources then 87% of the playerbase?
Hope the 13% pay more then the 87% to compensate that. ;)

Letting 87% of our potential customers out is a debt you have to pay in the future.
We talk about a computergame, not luxury watches or cars where you can live from a few but really rich people.
And please dont come with a 500,- mech, its not more then a tip, if we talk about a 750k car.

#253 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

View PostOmaha, on 07 May 2015 - 03:07 AM, said:

One thing that bothers me is just waiting, and waiting in queues..

I just want to get into the fight, and keep fighting.. To have been playing queues at a match by match basis, it has gotten a little old.
(Still love the game however! Still Play it! Everyday, almost..)

I dont play CW very much, but thats my own choice. I dont blame any one else.

But after the last event and listening to the last Town Hall Meeting where Russ talked about the launch to Steam a little, Ive been wondering how the New Players from Steam will react to CW and the same scenario keeps playing through my mind.

It looks like this:

1- New Player figures out how to join a Faction. Probably just by poking around through the tabs and seeing whats what as New Player is exploring the UI

2-New Player starts getting those Alerts to attack or defend and 'click here' to join. So New Player clicks the defend/attack alarm expecting to join a battle, but instead gets put into some kind of que.

3- Chances are the New Player understands New Player is in a que, but New Player doesnt understand why New Player keeps getting shuffled around as the Que keeps kicking New Player out to make room for groups. New Player probably isnt even aware that New Player is getting shuffled around. How long until New Player just exists out?

4- New Player finally drops with a drop deck of Trial Mechs (or at least mostly trial) with no idea what to do, against (chances are ) a a full 12-man Unit, and gets beaten badly, with big red letters at the end telling New Player that New Player lost and gets 0 Loyalty Points.

So I wonder if the New Players would enjoy that experience? Would the New Players even click the attack/defend button again? Is sitting in que for anywhere from 10 minutes to who knows how long worth it to them?

Edit- And what kind of reviews will they write about it over on the Steam website?

I also left out things like Spawn Camping and rude people on New Players team yelling at them that they all suck and to uninstall ect.

Anyway, I know there is no guarantee that every situation will be like that. Its just that it has been on my mind lately

Edited by JaxRiot, 07 May 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#254 Ghost265

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostJaxRiot, on 07 May 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

I dont play CW very much, but thats my own choice. I dont blame any one else.

But after the last event and listening to the last Town Hall Meeting where Russ talked about the launch to Steam a little, Ive been wondering how the New Players from Steam will react to CW and the same scenario keeps playing through my mind.

It looks like this:

1- New Player figures out how to join a Faction. Probably just by poking around through the tabs and seeing whats what as New Player is exploring the UI

2-New Player starts getting those Alerts to attack or defend and 'click here' to join. So New Player clicks the defend/attack alarm expecting to join a battle, but instead gets put into some kind of que.

3- Chances are the New Player understands New Player is in a que, but New Player doesnt understand why New Player keeps getting shuffled around as the Que keeps kicking New Player out to make room for groups. New Player probably isnt even aware that New Player is getting shuffled around. How long until New Player just exists out?

4- New Player finally drops with a drop deck of Trial Mechs (or at least mostly trial) with no idea what to do, against (chances are ) a a full 12-man Unit, and gets beaten badly, with big red letters at the end telling New Player that New Player lost and gets 0 Loyalty Points.

So I wonder if the New Players would enjoy that experience? Would the New Players even click the attack/defend button again? Is sitting in que for anywhere from 10 minutes to who knows how long worth it to them?

Edit- And what kind of reviews will they write about it over on the Steam website?

I also left out things like Spawn Camping and rude people on New Players team yelling at them that they all suck and to uninstall ect.

Anyway, I know there is no guarantee that every situation will be like that. Its just that it has been on my mind lately

This has been my experience almost every time. CW can go straight to Hell. RIP

#255 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:01 PM

View PostKoshii, on 07 May 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

This has been my experience almost every time. CW can go straight to Hell. RIP

What you quoted is what I am evangelizing since CW started, but I don't want CW to go to hell. That would take down MWO as a whole. I want CW to become better for all, more accessible for new players and more enjoyable for experienced ones - and still fun for competitives and units. But for that PGI has to move.

#256 Ghost265

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 07 May 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

What you quoted is what I am evangelizing since CW started, but I don't want CW to go to hell. That would take down MWO as a whole. I want CW to become better for all, more accessible for new players and more enjoyable for experienced ones - and still fun for competitives and units. But for that PGI has to move.

My apologies for posting during a fit of frustration. I agree CW needs to improve and would like it to be a fun (competitive or otherwise) experience, but I just don't see it happening. On a positive note, I am excited about the new solo/pug map changes and features they will be introducing. That makes me glad I am still playing, and is something to look forward to. :)

#257 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:16 PM

I dont mind the occasional stomp, like the one I just left, still got top score on my side, including my throwaway first one -seems we agreed to all push in hard, turn right and...and nevermind...seems they all stayed outside the gate, got half of omega and 82 damage....

I say I dont mind because a LOT of solo players are GOOD players, MORE than not! Half the times a CW drop is almost entirely solo players and its a BLAST.
The stupid ones die early and its a great battle you play cause you know you need to last longer than a pug drop.

3 drops today, twice I got stomped, the one above and I was filler on an 11 man team, I thought for SURE we would destroy them...the other side were all pugs.
I wont name the group, but my first clue it wasn't all that was the friendly fire at the drop.
Then the commander calling me a prik for NOT lining up, and I quote, "shoulder to shoulder firing line". They dropped like flies. I ignored chat the rest of the match, getting lampooned by a squad for being solo..while on their team...really?

Whats killing it, not clans, not whiny teams, ITS THE WAIT...20 minutes for the last one that was over in 15?
You are NOT making more cbills than pugs that way. I have an hour..MAYBE a night to play, thinking I'm going to get one battle? pffft

Redefine CW. Cause its not honor and lore and blah de blah blah...its a GREAT way for a person to fret and theorycraft builds and think about drop decks and what if, and which first, and if I take this, I can't take that so the other thing better work for....
....thats what I like about it, I dont know the lore from nothing. I have spent moments at work thinking about 'hmmmm, I wonder if"....
I know the fun from creating a four mech drop into a half an hour battle..thats all it is to alllll those hundreds of players not wanting to revisit it after tournaments and giveaways.
Fact is, teams make up a tiny percentage of all players.

#258 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:35 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 07 May 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

I did 6 unit drops last night. CW was largely a wasteland. I have said it before ... immediately resetting the map after the week long event wasn't the best of ideas.

Yeah well now its in even worse shape than before the reset, so everyones work to get map dots was ruined for nothing.

What was the point of resetting at all?

#259 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 07 May 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

Then the commander calling me a prik for NOT lining up, and I quote, "shoulder to shoulder firing line".

LOL! Clan Wolf role-players? What else can I say?

#260 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

Having just come back, I was disappointed at the super long wait times in CW, so I went and played public matches.

It's ok, I have all these mechs to relearn.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users