Koe No Ryu: The Voice of the Dragon (Japanese for Mechwarrior)

43 replies to this topic

#41 Hunson Abadeer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

I apologize again for the misunderstanding on my part.

I do hope, however, that you will change your mind and stay on the forum. No sense in letting a little misunderstanding drive you off when we could instead continue forging relationships together.

View PostRaizo Nishizawa, on 04 July 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

To Hunson Abadeer, it was not my intent to personally call you out and say your sigbanner was wrong, so I directed my criticism in general. This did not work the way it was intended. I apologize to you.

#42 Hunson Abadeer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Raizo has suggested 龍天万歳 (Ryuten Banzai) in place of the Kodenata Banzai, and I think it is an excellent idea. He rendered Ryuten Banzai as "Eternity for Heaven under the Dragon."

#43 SOGNeon

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

a note on use of rank and honorifics:

in my historical studies, I had found a naming practice where the court rank was applied behind the persons surname, but before their given name, and thanks to Raizo, I think I now understand the practice and it's use.

we will use Franklin Sakamodo as our example again. for today he is a tai-i. instead of calling him Tai-i Sakamodo, or Sakamodo-san, it would appear the more correct form of address would be Sakamodo Tai-i. the rank is used as the honorific in military circles.

#44 Zed Stun

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBoston, Massachusetts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

I too was only trying to be helpful. No disrespect meant to the OP. It is nice to know that there is such a spirited and inspired bunch amongst our warriors. It will be an honor to stand by you all on the battlefield.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users