May 5Th Quirk Updates Posted Anywhere Yet?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Anakha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:13 PM

Didn't see any mention of ongoing quirk updates in the roadmap are these posted anywhere that anyone has found? Didn't see them anywhere.

#2 Zeece

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:21 AM

There are no Quirk Updates in the Patch Notes for today.

http://mwomercs.com/...13391-05may2015

#3 Voq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:08 AM

So much for the patch by patch iterations I guess.

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

Still might be lots of stealth nerfs. We will have to wait and see.

#5 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:19 AM

To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed by this. I thought one good thing about quirks was that it would be a lot easier to make quick and small changes to adjust balance. How many months of data do they need to figure out what top dogs are OP and - if the idea of nerfing mechs is still abhorrent to them - how many months of data do they need to figure out that the worst clan mechs (Gargoyle, Ice Ferret, Summoner, Adder, Mist Lynx, Nova and, arguably Kit Fox) need a bit more help?

How much work is actually involved in buffing the jump jets for the Highlander?

When will the Trebuchet, Quickdraw, Commando, Kintaro and Vindicator get some love? I think throwing these mechs a few extra percentages would be pretty safe. I don't think these mechs are just at the cusp of exploding into OP-ness.

Maybe I'm seriously underestimating the amount of work that goes into choosing quirks. But on the other hand, if choosing quirk is such a deep, convoluted, scientific process, I don't understand how they ever came up with a -5% LBX spread quirk for a 30 ton clan mech. I don't understand that at all.

Sorry for the negativity.

On a positive note, the new map looks very pretty.

#6 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:21 PM

QuickDraw is pretty nice as is...any more bumps in quirks will just push it toward overuse. As it is, other mechs get the attention, making my -5K a nice sleeper mech. It's pretty punishing in PuG and CW...no one ever sees it coming...too many other over used mechs to worry about.

#7 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:33 PM

I dunno, but the blue giant star on Vitric Forge is missing. The light source is there, but the star itself is nowhere to be found.

Edit: Apparently it got hot-fixed. Yay!

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 05 May 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#8 Ralgas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:51 PM

apparently backend on the new mechlab and masc is sucking all their resources atm.

http://mwomercs.com/...43#entry4405643

#9 WazOfOz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 177 posts
  • Locationnot the arse hole of the world, but I can see it from here

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:31 PM

Yes I was kinda looking forward to a quirk pass, either buffs or nerfs would have been interesting to see.

#10 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:50 PM

Warhawk final quirk should be 10% heat dissipation....

#11 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:04 PM

Or rebalancing the superquirk cheeser IS mechs so that they are *good* instead of *easy 'god-mode-activated'*.

#12 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 05 May 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed by this. I thought one good thing about quirks was that it would be a lot easier to make quick and small changes to adjust balance. How many months of data do they need to figure out what top dogs are OP and - if the idea of nerfing mechs is still abhorrent to them - how many months of data do they need to figure out that the worst clan mechs (Gargoyle, Ice Ferret, Summoner, Adder, Mist Lynx, Nova and, arguably Kit Fox) need a bit more help?

How much work is actually involved in buffing the jump jets for the Highlander?

When will the Trebuchet, Quickdraw, Commando, Kintaro and Vindicator get some love? I think throwing these mechs a few extra percentages would be pretty safe. I don't think these mechs are just at the cusp of exploding into OP-ness.

Maybe I'm seriously underestimating the amount of work that goes into choosing quirks. But on the other hand, if choosing quirk is such a deep, convoluted, scientific process, I don't understand how they ever came up with a -5% LBX spread quirk for a 30 ton clan mech. I don't understand that at all.

Sorry for the negativity.

On a positive note, the new map looks very pretty.

Even better, if the Jenner is too OP to get any quirks (it almost literally has none) then what hope is there for the Wolfhound? Does PGI even remember the Jenner exists?

#13 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 05 May 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

Troof.

Tellit, yo.

#14 Anakha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

So PGI how bout an update on when we are going to see quirk updates again? Its been like 3 patches now with nothing.

#15 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:22 AM

They did say that the 1st patch of each month was now going to be more about bug fixing and the 2nd patch was the content one.

#16 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

I'm guessing no quirks because they're still trying to get MASC to work. The slight delay might be worth it if only for the laughs whenever a MASCed 'mech freezes in place because their leg actuators seize up. Even funnier if it results in a faceplant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users