#21 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:42 AM

View PostPerfectDuck, on 09 May 2015 - 07:42 AM, said:

So wait you're telling me my Atlas Battlemaster Firestarter Spider deck actually checks out as Kurita-plausible? Never knew.

In BT lore, theoretically any faction can field any mech because salvage was a big part of the game. This does not mean, however, that the faction possessed a manufacturing base for the particular mech or variant.

Thus, there is a difference between 'plausible' and 'likely'. The MWO event lists tend to fall more under the former category whereas the charts fall under the latter.

For example, it's 'plausible' that a Marik pilot would have a Zeus salvaged from the Steiner front in his stable. This does not mean, however, that you would commonly find Marik assault battalions equipped heavily with Zeuses; instead you would be more 'likely' to find Awesomes or Stalkers.

#22 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:58 AM

I thought maulers were Commonwealth mechs, at least thats what Sarna says, or am I reading it wrong.

Edited by Deimos Alpha, 09 May 2015 - 10:05 AM.

#23 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:26 AM

View PostDeimos Alpha, on 09 May 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

I thought maulers were Commonwealth mechs, at least thats what Sarna says, or am I reading it wrong.

You are reading it wrong. :P

#24 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostOdanan, on 09 May 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

You are reading it wrong. :P

Yep now I read it slowly it's only saying the Commonwealth gave it a nickname similar to how they gave nicknames to the Clan mechs, darn it. I had a toy one when I was younger, but now it won't fit in.

#25 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostDeimos Alpha, on 09 May 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

Yep now I read it slowly it's only saying the Commonwealth gave it a nickname similar to how they gave nicknames to the Clan mechs, darn it. I had a toy one when I was younger, but now it won't fit in.

There must be a lot of captured maulers in the Federated Suns...

#26 Ulfgar Snorrison

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStanding stoically at the longship's prow.

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:15 AM

Darn! I took a wrong turn and ended up on a topic where everyone discussing real facts and list and such. No drama!? No name calling!? No endless bragging on one's skill and how you carry the other 11 by getting 20,000 pts with a legged light mech with both arms and a leg shot away!? I don't have anything useful to add but I wanted to let everyone know its been an interesting read. Thanks

#27 Ulfgar Snorrison

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStanding stoically at the longship's prow.

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:36 AM

Well darn! I thought everybody was having fun with this. I sure didn't mean to kill the topic. I'm sorry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users