Calling All Founders

397 replies to this topic

#361 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

Nothing like an event like this to encourage Founders to play their Founder's 'Mechs!!!!

AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDD then remember how terrible they are and go back to other 'Mechs.

#362 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostSmoked, on 11 May 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

Shrug I still like Forest Colony. My least favorite map is probably Mordor since I like to use weapons.

that just means you need to learn to manage heat, use Chainfire and you know... not stand in liquid magma.

It's a personal thing for me to never run a mech with under 1.2 heat efficiency, and Maps like Caustic (hot), Terra Therma (hotter) and Tourmaline (hottest) are why.

P.S. Terra Therma's only hotter than Tourmaline if you standing IN magma, for anyone who thinks otherwise.

#363 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 11 May 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

that just means you need to learn to manage heat, use Chainfire and you know... not stand in liquid magma.

It's a personal thing for me to never run a mech with under 1.2 heat efficiency, and Maps like Caustic (hot), Terra Therma (hotter) and Tourmaline (hottest) are why.

P.S. Terra Therma's only hotter than Tourmaline if you standing IN magma, for anyone who thinks otherwise.

It is a good idea to adopt a different method to rate your heat efficiency other than the number in the mechlab. I run many builds in the 1.1-1.2 range that are "cooler" than others that rate 1.3-1.45. It seems to not take dissipation into account as much as it should.

For example, two 'mechs rate 1.26. One gets that rating from having low heat generation weapons (SPLs and SRMs) but only has 16 DHS. The other has 23 DHS but has weapons that generate more heat (Laser vomit). I consider the 2nd build to be more efficient because builds like the former are awesome for a few alphas then you get stuck at the heat cap for quite some time as they do not cool off nearly as fast.

#364 TrevTheMan

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:54 AM

the only problem i see with this one is that i bought a founder pack and since i dident have a job at the time so i got the 30 dollor one so i dident get a founder mech so i dont know i just dont like how they are doing this one since i am a founder but still cant participate

#365 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostKurz Weber, on 11 May 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

the only problem i see with this one is that i bought a founder pack and since i dident have a job at the time so i got the 30 dollor one so i dident get a founder mech so i dont know i just dont like how they are doing this one since i am a founder but still cant participate

???

If you bought a Founder's package, you would have received a Founder's Mech.
Either a:
Jenner
Hunchback
Catapult
Atlas

Or all 4 depending on what package you purchased.

#366 TrevTheMan

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:36 PM

nope thats is where you are wrong if you bought the Veteran pack you got the MC, prem time, founders tag, and beta access if you got the Elite pack you got all of that and 1 founder mech and if you got the legandary pack you got all of that and all 4 founder mechs, so in terms if you got the Veteran pack like i did you just got ripped off

Edited by Kurz Weber, 11 May 2015 - 12:38 PM.

#367 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 11 May 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

All Founders better choose Forest Colony... it was the first map we were given, it's only the right thing to do is make that the first map to revamp (with exception to River City changes posted) :D ...and bring back Glowing eyes on Atlas, and make one Clan Assault with glowing eyes as well for "balance" ;)

The Glowing Eyes would belong to the Dire Wolf. Give it a Champion names Fenris and away you go.

#368 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:59 PM

View PostKurz Weber, on 11 May 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

so in terms if you got the Veteran pack like i did you just got ripped off

So you were offered all 3 options at a cost of $40, $80 and $120 and you chose to go with the cheapest. Explain to me how you were ripped off again?

#369 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostKurz Weber, on 11 May 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

nope thats is where you are wrong if you bought the Veteran pack you got the MC, prem time, founders tag, and beta access if you got the Elite pack you got all of that and 1 founder mech and if you got the legandary pack you got all of that and all 4 founder mechs, so in terms if you got the Veteran pack like i did you just got ripped off

My mistake, it's been so long I thought it was similarly tiered to the current packs.

#370 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:38 PM

55k reached...

Damn, if I was a guy in PGI. I would be like
"Hey guys, they broke the 100%. Could we replace the 100% stuff with one with crack all over it and a panel with written "out of order" in it? Maybe even add some smoke?"

#371 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

YEAH FOR FOUNDERS, what map you picking?

#372 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

It would be nice to see the number of votes the maps are getting.

#373 Stormyblade

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around Portland, OR

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:58 PM

This has been fun...dusted off each of my Founder 'mechs (I bought the Legendary pack) and gave them some time. That Founder Catapult got ganged by a swarm of lights and my 3 ML couldn't swat them away. I've done the best with my Founder Atlas but I'm nowhere close to the top 50. :mellow: I did get all my challenges met, so that is something.

Ah well, this was/is still a fun event, and I still get to vote after it is over.

Oh, and how come I can't seem to find any place to activate my Founders tag ingame? I've tried logging out and re-logging several times and there's still no option. I am running the 64-bit version if that means anything.

#374 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:51 PM

View PostStormyblade, on 11 May 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

Oh, and how come I can't seem to find any place to activate my Founders tag ingame? I've tried logging out and re-logging several times and there's still no option. I am running the 64-bit version if that means anything.

You main page now has a Titles/Badges section. You can set your badges there much like you did for your title.

#375 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostLugh, on 11 May 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

The Glowing Eyes would belong to the Dire Wolf. Give it a Champion names Fenris and away you go.

No.. It would go to the Executioner... It suits it better...

But, yes, Forest Colony gets my vote... As does Glowing Atlas/Executioner eyes!

#376 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

Good job Founders. What are you going to pick?

#377 Stormyblade

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around Portland, OR

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:25 PM

View PostSethAbercromby, on 11 May 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

You main page now has a Titles/Badges section. You can set your badges there much like you did for your title.

Ah, don't know how I missed that. :blink: Thank you.

#378 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:16 PM

View PostStormyblade, on 11 May 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

Ah, don't know how I missed that. :blink: Thank you.

You'd be surprised how many people had the same issue. The tab is surprisingly well-hidden.

#379 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:11 AM

Love trying to do the event in my 4G and I keep getting Alpine with teams that want to poke beyond my max range. RNJesus strikes again.

#380 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:31 AM

How about we fix matchmaker instead? <_<

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users