#383 Traceroute

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 07 May 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

I think this is a sad plea to Founders. I mean, they should be playing the game, but aren't for many/various (and generally legitimate) reasons... so while I don't necessarily care (I'm not a Founder, so I have no say), this feels sad.

Plus, this is happening during Mother's Day weekend... which feels somewhat inappropriate/bad.

I would've like to have seen MORE Founders stick around than those that are only dedicated to this game.

As a Founder who's been back in college the last two years and whose mother passed earlier this year... Yep, I had a free weekend, and had a blast with my C1(F)

#384 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

Great fun this weekend. Nice to see Founders representing.

#385 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

Where is the POLL? :huh: It can't take over 2hrs to create a POLL thread can it? :P

#386 Ceneakor

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 12 May 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

Where is the POLL? :huh: It can't take over 2hrs to create a POLL thread can it? :P

The poll is up! https://mwomercs.com/founders-poll

#387 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:45 PM

View PostHavyek, on 11 May 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

Nothing like an event like this to encourage Founders to play their Founder's 'Mechs!!!!

AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDD then remember how terrible they are and go back to other 'Mechs.

Speak for yourself. It was fun seeing my Jenner turn into a butcher last weekend.

#388 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:59 PM

View PostMystere, on 12 May 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Speak for yourself. It was fun seeing my Jenner turn into a butcher last weekend.

ditto, my 4G(F) was much fun again.

#389 Ceneakor

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

Sounds like you got lucky with your matches, most of the time I seem run into the whole catalog of meta mechs like Firestarters who take a SRM8 and 4 MLas to the CT and not even blink, streak crows that kill you in 2 alphas, etc. on the enemy team while my own team was filled with *censored* who do less than 100 damage in an Assault or Heavy.
Half the time I was wishing I could strap a Word of Blake nuke on my Jenner and initiate self destruct sequence when I was about to die.

#390 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:08 PM

Jenners are still one of the more vicious mechs in the game...

I was pulling at least 500 damage a match with my Catapult, typically 'round 750. On the last day, I changed a few things on it, and managed to bump that average up a bit more, but, not enough matches over the weekend to get higher than 34... (Was 4 when I went to bed Friday night)

My atlas.... is very specialized. It does one thing amazingly well, but getting into that one thing can be difficult...

#391 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

View PostVashramire, on 12 May 2015 - 01:11 AM, said:

Love trying to do the event in my 4G and I keep getting Alpine with teams that want to poke beyond my max range. RNJesus strikes again.

Oh my god YES! This map was the bane of my existence. Every time it popped up the first thought that came to mind was 'this will not be a qualifying match'. Although that said, one actually did - but this was because half of our team flanked up through the city to come up behind them and did not involve a hill snipe fest all match.. ..from memory this was one of the best flanks I saw all weekend :D

View PostGremlich Johns, on 12 May 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

ditto, my 4G(F) was much fun again.

Yeah, its a pretty fun mech - I am even moreso a fan on my YLW.. ..as if having my primary on a big hunchbox was not bad enough, I enjoy slinging it on the arm! :P

In fact I look forward to an event where I can bring my YLW (resisted wang joke lol) out for leaderboard scores.. :)

Edited by White Bear 84, 13 May 2015 - 08:33 PM.

#392 Cataclysm315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 217 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:08 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 11 May 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

It' s definitely gotten much better since the fall of IGP, even if the visuals had to suffer to get there. Have you tried CW yet? It can be frustrating to get a match some times, but it's a boatload of fun once you get the hang of it. And especially if you've got aome friends to play it with.

I haven't yet, but I want to give it a go so bad! I love the concept of solar wars! :D

Edited by Cataclysm315, 14 May 2015 - 06:09 AM.

#393 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

Is the Founder's Leaderboard permanently gone?

IF I had known that was going to happen, I'd have taken a screenshot :(

#394 Chann Winson

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:19 AM

Sure was a lot of fun running around with my jenner again. Ussually prefere firestarter and raven these days but that little JR7-D (F) will always remain something special.

View PostmasCh, on 15 May 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

Is the Founder's Leaderboard permanently gone?

IF I had known that was going to happen, I'd have taken a screenshot :(

Nope it's still up there on the tournament page just klick Previous in the top left corner.
Here the direct link: https://mwomercs.com...nts?t=201505flb

EDIT: Congrats on that 1st Catapult Place, masCh!

Edited by Chann Luf, 15 May 2015 - 04:30 AM.

#395 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:37 AM

Ahh that's great! Thank you for that link.. so it is preserved.. phew!

Thank you for your wishes too!

And congrats to you for coming up top 5 in a Jenner! I perfectly understand how painful that journey must have been to reach that point! Well deserved!

#396 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:38 PM

Now that the cat is out of the bag, how many of the top leaderboard Founders used group queue?

#397 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostSagamore, on 18 May 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

Now that the cat is out of the bag, how many of the top leaderboard Founders used group queue?

I honestly don't think it's that big of a scandal o.o It's MUCH easier to rank highly in the solo queue, than the group. But, maybe my situation is unique... I have a negative KDR, so my ELO is probably pretty low... but, I still pull top, or 2nd to top damage 90% of the time. Just don't focus on getting kills, and tend to sacrifice myself a lot leading a charge. So, going solo, only my piss poor ELO comes into play, and I get lots of softies >:3 But, in a group, I play with people with a higher ELO, so get tougher enemies...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users