Any Founders Reigniting That Old Flame With One Of Your Founder Mechs?

133 replies to this topic

#81 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:49 PM

i was too busy playing MWLL while founders was going on.

#82 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:46 PM

View PostDjPush, on 09 May 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

Wow.. That puts things into perspective. You think 20 mechs is too many. I have 120.... I'm a polymechist.

Sorry for being vague it seems. I have 138 non-duplicate 'Mechs, I am still in the process of skilling up 20 of those, the remainder are fully mastered. All have engines too, and aside from modules and warhorns all are ready to drop at a moment's notice.

#83 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:49 PM

Funny enough this weekend I have been spending my time actually Mastering my Founders Atlas as I spent way too much time playing my Jenner during the CB era :)

Have got some really good results with my Atlas at time but pugging with a slow assault is, um..., frustrating at times :D

Cheers!
Eboli

#84 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

No. Ultima VII has me captivated right now.

#85 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

I've had a couple of damned good games in the Old Girl (AS7-DF) but damn me have I had to work hard for them! It's come as a bit of a shock to me to see how far the power creep in this game has gone.

I've managed a few 700-800 damage games, but it's not so much been tough to achieve as having been so tough you could make boots out of it!

I'd like to see the Atlas get a longevity buff. Can't comment on the Cat or the Jenner - they're both taking up space in my mech hanger, though the Catapult is doing usefully duty as a door stop for the hangar doors in bad weather :D

#86 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:41 PM

Two actually. Been ages since I played my founders Cat and Atlas, good results in both. Never really stopped using the Hunchie or Jenner.

#87 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:21 PM

My jenner is still so painful to drive after experiencing all these other light mechs since the founders days with their better hitboxes, I tried plenty of laser+streaks/srms builds but as usual its constant deaths by center torso or me runing for the hills with my front armor gone. I now remember clearly why I mothballed all my close range builds.

I have reverted back to my sad/cheap lasers+2lrm5 or my 2 LL builds to get my bonus 2mil, hell even my 150kph phoenix locust has better survivability

Edit:
Currently running 179 outta 238 armor with my CT armor frontloaded almost to the max of 44 with 39 front armor and 5 on the rear and my side torsos match the lowest armored ST on my lowest armored erppc locust and still its like im driving a closed beta dragon with a bullet magnet on the bumper...

Edited by MonkeyCheese, 09 May 2015 - 06:38 PM.

#88 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 09 May 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

My jenner is still so painful to drive after experiencing all these other light mechs since the founders days with their better hitboxes, I tried plenty of laser+streaks/srms builds but as usual its constant deaths by center torso or me runing for the hills with my front armor gone. I now remember clearly why I mothballed all my close range builds.

I have reverted back to my sad/cheap lasers+2lrm5 or my 2 LL builds to get my bonus 2mil, hell even my 150kph phoenix locust has better survivability

Edit:
Currently running 179 outta 238 armor with my CT armor frontloaded almost to the max of 44 with 39 front armor and 5 on the rear and my side torsos match the lowest armored ST on my lowest armored erppc locust and still its like im driving a closed beta dragon with a bullet magnet on the bumper...

Odd, I had full completion in 24 games with streaks and MLs. Maybe be a tad bit less aggressive?

#89 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:07 PM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 09 May 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

Odd, I had full completion in 24 games with streaks and MLs. Maybe be a tad bit less aggressive?

But its not my piloting at all, I know I am way way more agressive in my locusts and my anansi spider.

As far as I know the hitboxes for the CT are still like this
Posted Image

It aint the ups and downs of the missile tweaking that killed off all the jenners that once roamed the lands, I know SRM hit detection has had some really low points but they are prefectly useable these days. It is the hitboxes. I would much rather have sidetorsos that ran down the snout of the mech.

#90 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

Hunchback is nice but the Shadowhawk with AC20 and 3 SRM4 just packs a bigger punch. HBK is still nice if you focus on using the AC20 but most of the time I can only cram 35 shots in. Everything is high mounted on the Shadowhawk (I don't use the energy there) unlike the HBK which has two low arm lasers.

Catapult, well, compared to the other heavies in the game, you'll definitely find it sorely lacking.

Atlas, still fun. I love how it looks, but the Atlas S does better than the D for brawling. If you do AC20, you are not using 2 Ballistic slots. I prefer the S with 3 SRMs instead of the D with just 2 SRMs and pretty much everything else is the same. Atlas D is intimidating to look at, but in practice and on paper, you are better off with an S or some other assault. Atlas is too reliant on some lone ignorant newb turning a corner and running into you.

The Orion M can probably out DPS the Atlas in a brawl with 3 SRM4s, an LBX and 3 ML due to quirks. and run cooler. I've been saving up to buy one just for fun. :lol:

#91 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:21 PM

Anyway got my 2mil now so time to mothball the old girl again.

#92 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 09 May 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

Anyway got my 2mil now so time to mothball the old girl again.

At least clean out the mechbay before you put her back in there.

#93 Postumus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

Brought out my founders Atlas. Kind of regretting having paid 60 bucks for it now, the thing has been obsolete for a couple years, and the paltry quirks haven't helped.

#94 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:42 PM

View PostPostumus, on 09 May 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

Brought out my founders Atlas. Kind of regretting having paid 60 bucks for it now, the thing has been obsolete for a couple years, and the paltry quirks haven't helped.

I put a lot of effort in order to have fun in my FAtlas as opposed to putting in less effort into having fun with some other mech. I still manage to pull it off at times but I only manage to get about 66% of the fun I have with other mechs. :ph34r:

#95 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

View PostElizander, on 09 May 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

At least clean out the mechbay before you put her back in there.

Dont worry I gave her a new paintjob this weekend to better reflect the oldshool version of the founders paint. I still have fond memories its just after so many years there are better options in the 35ton and under class when it comes to the jenny, even the cicada and iceferret.

#96 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

View PostElizander, on 09 May 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

Hunchback is nice but the Shadowhawk with AC20 and 3 SRM4 just packs a bigger punch. HBK is still nice if you focus on using the AC20 but most of the time I can only cram 35 shots in. Everything is high mounted on the Shadowhawk (I don't use the energy there) unlike the HBK which has two low arm lasers.

Catapult, well, compared to the other heavies in the game, you'll definitely find it sorely lacking.

Atlas, still fun. I love how it looks, but the Atlas S does better than the D for brawling. If you do AC20, you are not using 2 Ballistic slots. I prefer the S with 3 SRMs instead of the D with just 2 SRMs and pretty much everything else is the same. Atlas D is intimidating to look at, but in practice and on paper, you are better off with an S or some other assault. Atlas is too reliant on some lone ignorant newb turning a corner and running into you.

The Orion M can probably out DPS the Atlas in a brawl with 3 SRM4s, an LBX and 3 ML due to quirks. and run cooler. I've been saving up to buy one just for fun. :lol:

on paper the SHD seems better..toe to toe, the SRMs don't compensate for the RoF and agility, IMO, that the HBK enjoys. Since the quirkening, I have yet to find the BoomShad that my Hunchy couldn't take.

#97 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

View PostElizander, on 09 May 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

+high head laser.

The HBK is smaller and tighter, and fires AC20 rounds near twice as fast. Sure, you're bringing 35 rounds. That's 700 damage, delivered fast. SHD20 vs. HBK20 is pretty one-sided in the HBK's favour due to the incredible quirks it gets.

Outdps, maybe... but it'll die horribly in that encounter. I'd take a fatlas up against that orion any day. Orion puts out a lot of damage, but has lackluster hitboxes and is spreading basically all of that damage all over the place, even on an Atlas sized target. While on the other hand the AS7 with SRM18/AC20/ML's is punching Buick sized holes exactly where he wants them.

#98 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:32 PM

View PostBigJim, on 09 May 2015 - 05:08 AM, said:

No - made the mistake of choosing a Cat-C1 back in the day, figured I'd be a heavy pilot; From about a weekd after & ever since, wished I'd have taken a Jenner or even a Hunchie.

That catapult would basicly be the only mech I may consider killing someone over :ph34r: Maybe...

PGI, if you read this, I will gladly throw my MC for more catapult heros / variants/ cosmetics. I already got doubles of all the catapults in game besides the Jester which is just 1.

#99 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:48 PM

At this point not only do I no longer love my Jenner, I hate it, myself, my teammates, and generally all life on the planet.

Edited by One Medic Army, 09 May 2015 - 09:49 PM.

#100 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

Some of the Founders score are crazy. Like they have been playing whole day and night!

Edited by Sarlic, 10 May 2015 - 12:02 AM.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users