Any Founders Reigniting That Old Flame With One Of Your Founder Mechs?

• You cannot reply to this topic
133 replies to this topic

#121 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:53 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 May 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

yeah, don't see myself catching back up with ya. I'm on the bad side of the MM Elo YoYo, and don't have much time. Nicely done man!

Goddamm Americans, pushing up while im at work! :P

Tonight is my last night, GF gets back from overseas tomorrow so ill be done with the comp in 10hrs...

Just need one good match to get up to 2800 and secure my spot.. ..so competitive. Either way, getting this high is an achievement in its own right. Love the challenge. :)

Great fun pushing your skills to the limit

Edited by White Bear 84, 10 May 2015 - 07:54 PM.

#122 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:50 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 May 2015 - 08:41 AM, said:

I'd sell you mine in a heart beat if PGI let me. I rather hate the custom geometry. Mine is named Barbra Streisand for a reason. (And it's not me liking her music or acting)

as long as I can rename it. I would be happy to buy it, (even for around 40 or so dollars, and yes I know that's barely 20 dollars under the package to get 1 hero mech and that it would be better if I got off my lazy ass and got the Crab and upgrade to the Mauler for the simular price but I will keep pushing it off until it's the last day to get all 4 resistance mech by the last deadline for the 4th variant as usual >.> )

#123 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:30 PM

My stats just went up running mainly my Jenner but also my Hunchback. That is surely a nice surprise considering they're allegedly obsolete Mechs.

Edited by Mystere, 10 May 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#124 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:33 PM

View PostFate 6, on 10 May 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

Never had a flame with my AS7-D(F), but there's at least a spark now. I did not expect to be doing so decently with this hunk of metal. Still wish I had a different Founders mech (even a Catapult can run 3LPL+JJ) but at least I'm not hating my life yet.

...Now I'm hating my life. Low mounts are just such a massive handicap. There are basically parts of maps that are off limits to me as an Atlas because I'll get murdered before I can show my heavy mech loadout worth of weapons.

#125 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:19 AM

I was reunited with the Cat C1(F) after a long absence.

I just had to clear off the dust, check the oil, and spray a little starter fluid in the carburetor and it was "All Systems Nominal".

Ran an LRM 15 build and got good results. Some good laser builds too. I even cracked the top 50 on Friday (47th).

The Hunch didn't fare as well. I had a couple good matches, but overall did poorly with it. I think my short range brawl skills have gotten rusty lately.

Still, I'm going to build a good Cat LRM build and keep it on standby...Maybe... Might go laser...idk :).

#126 topgun505

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:25 AM

I used the Founders Jenner nearly exclusively over the weekend. Did ok with it and got the 20 points but it's still brutal dealing with that huge CT. It is amusing though to frequently be the top damage dealer for the team in a Jenner.

#127 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:32 AM

View Posttopgun505, on 11 May 2015 - 05:25 AM, said:

I used the Founders Jenner nearly exclusively over the weekend. Did ok with it and got the 20 points but it's still brutal dealing with that huge CT. It is amusing though to frequently be the top damage dealer for the team in a Jenner.

I ran it a couple times. I tried to work on skilling up the Jenner a while back, but that CT is brutal.

I've kind of abandoned that effort for now. It's weird how I actually have better luck with my Urbanmechs.

#128 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:15 PM

I think we have a lot of players all Hunchbacked out... lol :P

#129 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:19 PM

To OP I can say No...

Fatlas is back in the hanger till' it gets the geo treatment/perks (yeah I SAID IT!) it deserves.

#130 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

I never cared for any of the Founder variants except the Jenner.

#131 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

I had not used any of my Founder mechs since the beta reset so they were un-modded and unskilled even though I used the HBK-4G a lot during the closed beta.

I eventually got it set up like this (was out of CBills as usual).

HBK-4G F AC10+ERPPC

Don't laugh, takes advantage of the ERPPC and AC10 having roughly the same speeds on the 4G so you can fire them together and hit the same spot. Much better than the AC20. I did modestly well with it if no one shot at me.

#132 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:46 AM

View PostMystere, on 10 May 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

My stats just went up running mainly my Jenner but also my Hunchback. That is surely a nice surprise considering they're allegedly obsolete Mechs.

Not since the blessings of the quirkening :P

I honest-to-goodness think the quirks are a bit strong on both mechs...the Jenner just needs hitbox love, while the Hunchback was always an effective 50-ton medium in my eyes - a hillhumping alternative to the corner-swinging Centurion.

But in the overall perspective of the way things are right now, it's not a problem to leave them the way they are. Just that if quirks were to have an ideal balance for *all* mechs in the game, I think the Jenner & Hunchie deserve a very, very gentle touch of the nerfbat.

I know, why can't I just admit that you might have some personal skill too...I can't help myself :rolleyes:

Edited by Telmasa, 13 May 2015 - 12:47 AM.

#133 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:56 AM

19 matches strait in my CPLT-C1. Build hasn't really changes since closed beta (except for ER tech when it arrived).

Minimum match score of 72 (average around 85) until going for that 20th match. US day crowd came online and the team PUG quality dropped into the toilet. (Is it really that hard for scouts and brawlers to survive more than 3 minutes?).

Edited by Fiona Marshe, 13 May 2015 - 03:57 AM.

#134 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:54 AM

I did enjoy the Hunchback (although I still play that fairly regularly) and the Jenner (which had not been taken out in about 6 months before the start of the challenge), I tried the Atlas and Catapult but was doing fat better in the HBK and JR7

now I am rather curious how many people played the Jenner and Hunchback for the full 10 games to see just how bad I am in those Mechs (about 900 points in each), I have been accused of being a good Light and Medium pilot but I do not see it myself

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users