26 replies to this topic

#1 whitelightshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

Was this a reset or a roll back,

It feels like being back in beta, with rubber-banding, high pings, ridiculous heat and if you are one of the few who has a ping above 250 forget combat within 300 meter because there is no hit register on any weapons. Lasers are useless and missiles barely give any damage even when you have direct line of sight on your targets....

Back in beta, those happy days... at least back then you had no waiting time for a game... Hit the button and wham in a game....

Ps... upto 10 seconds for radar lock if any.... Watch me will still beat this...

Edited by whitelightshadow, 09 May 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#2 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

true dat. short range teleportation enabled.

#3 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,954 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

Anecdotal complaints are useless. Do you have any video? Under what conditions do you see this happening? Could player behaviors have changed due to some sort of event running, causing your perceptions to change?

I'm not having the issues you described, aside from noticing more rubberbanding - not because the game engine is different, but because people are bum rushing my team in Hunchbacks and running through 'mechs. That's always caused rubberbanding since collisions were removed.

Why not do something useful with your time and email support with your issues?

#4 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

My ping is 208.

I had a good game in my 2ERL Raven today. Lots of flanking and delivering solid full beam duration shots into the backs of stationary targets.

Based on my experience of thousands of matches, I felt I'd done, say, a solid 400 damage.

But the end of match screen showed 99 damage.

99 damage? No freaking way in the world.

Edited by Appogee, 09 May 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#5 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:50 PM

No video here. But if my impression is that performance has decreased, you might just as well believe me, insead of requesting evidence.

#6 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

This is the patch feedback section, if you don't have informative feedback then go rant somewhere else. "Your game lags", "heat is bad", and "performance has decreased" is not proper feedback that PGI can act on.

#7 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:38 PM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 09 May 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

This is the patch feedback section, if you don't have informative feedback then go rant somewhere else. "Your game lags", "heat is bad", and "performance has decreased" is not proper feedback that PGI can act on.

Its also nothing they havn't heard before. 3 years of the same crap being posted over and over again, still no optimisation.

Edited by FatYak, 09 May 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#8 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:07 PM

I agree that there seem to be some hitreg issues. I'd say it starts to fail when things get hectic and everybody is shooting. I had a big brawl on river city, I was right in the middle of it in my direwolf, but the enemies seemed to be more interested in my teammates, so I got to spew 5x ERML and 5x UAC5 at slow/stationary targets for quite some time, but hardly caused any damage.

Are the projectile/beam calculations so complicated that the server can't keep up? They really shouldn't be.

#9 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:35 PM

Please don't mock older players by comparing the current small hitreg issues to the SWARMS of invincible Raven 3Ls of the past.

#10 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,954 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:04 PM

View PostSthtopokeon, on 09 May 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

No video here. But if my impression is that performance has decreased, you might just as well believe me, insead of requesting evidence.

Nah, you and the OP get to follow the rules and support your claims like everyone else. I'm not seeing what you're talking about (nor was responding to you, actually) so the OP's extraordinary claim that everything has mysteriously gone to hell and only three people have noticed requires support - not "my personal experience precludes the need to provide any kind of support whatsoever for my outlandish claims." /unfollow.

#11 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:36 PM

there is definitely something not right at the moment, +1 op

#12 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:50 PM

My ping hasn't changed at all, has always been ~60...

#13 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:49 AM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 09 May 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

You're right. This is patch FEEDBACK section. So my feedback is:

My game lags. Since the last patch.

Don't see, how this should not be posted here.

#14 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:16 AM

I have seen warping and rubber banding too during weekend. Pinging MWO server revealed normal ping and no packet loss. Probably there are server issues.

#15 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

How about this: each time you're about to purchase MC, mech packs, etc, you send an email to support and dangle the money in front of them with the message: please offer system enhancements for $$$ and I will pay for it. The better would be to buy the most expensive unreleased content possible, then immediately request a refund stating you'd instead be willing to pay for system optimizations when specifically offered. If a few hundred of us do that, they CAN'T ignore it.

Everyone wants this s*** for free but have no qualms about doling out hundreds of $$$ on polygons.

Edited by Hydrocarbon, 12 May 2015 - 02:36 PM.

#16 LifelesssGraphitePlanet

Rookie

• Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSydney, Lifeless Graphite Planet

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostFatYak, on 09 May 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

Its also nothing they havn't heard before. 3 years of the same crap being posted over and over again, still no optimisation.

What do you mean "Still no optimization"? They've worked on this more than once, and fixed major issues in this department in the past.
No doubt the server occasionally does perform badly under load, sometimes I have some weird games too. But they're very rare. I play at 270-300ms ping and I can still get 1000dmg games, so it's not THAT broken.
As everyone else has said "**** or gtfo"
No video, no evidence, no thread.

#17 Praslek2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:51 PM

I believe if you poke around their previous posts, you will find that many of the flamers in here are obnoxious and rude in basically everything they post. Don't take them seriously.

#18 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:57 AM

View PostLifelesssGraphitePlanet, on 12 May 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

No doubt the server occasionally does perform badly under load, sometimes I have some weird games too. But they're very rare. I play at 270-300ms ping and I can still get 1000dmg games, so it's not THAT broken.

You lifelessGP ? No you must talk about someone else or maybe you talk about CW games yea you can did 1000 damage on thoses sort of matchs but plz you have to mentionne it i mean i know you xD.

#19 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:23 AM

For all those people looking for evidence, just watch Sean Lang stream. When he walks into a mech or one walks into him, he teleports and the other mech teleports, and then he complains in passing about it, and goes about his business.

... and PGI doesn't fix it. Christ, you've got one of the guys that you're paying to produce community content for your game complaining about a major game mechanic and you still haven't addressed it.

#20 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:21 AM

View PostTarogato, on 14 May 2015 - 03:23 AM, said:

For all those people looking for evidence, just watch Sean Lang stream. When he walks into a mech or one walks into him, he teleports and the other mech teleports, and then he complains in passing about it, and goes about his business.

I have this all times specially when i am playing evening european timezone or north america one it's called pings/lag client-server ...
I guess PGI can't do anything agaisnt... depend of each player ping and others players' pings
You never have this at all? i mean never??

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users