587 replies to this topic

#261 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:04 PM

They should get devious with weeding out hackers.

For example, code that would cause bugs only for modified installations and whatnot. We all know how players love to come out in droves and complain about the tiniest bugs, and hackers are no exception. So, just lay the fake bug trap, wait until you've reeled in a good amount of complainers / confirmed their hax, and then you strike!

"To all cheaters experiencing bug code xxxxx: JOKE'S ON YOU!!! ;) " *DELETE ACCOUNT*

Something like that maybe? Give dem uppity hackerz a taste of real humiliation. Just let them identify themselves! XD

Edited by Repasy, 11 May 2015 - 11:05 PM.

#262 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:08 PM

Those headshot aim bots, encountered a few on high ELO games. Guess you guys took care of those accounts

#263 GateheaD

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:11 PM

View PostRepasy, on 11 May 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

They should get devious with weeding out hackers.

For example, code that would cause bugs only for modified installations and whatnot. We all know how players love to come out in droves and complain about the tiniest bugs, and hackers are no exception. So, just lay the fake bug trap, wait until you've reeled in a good amount of complainers / confirmed their hax, and then you strike!

"To all cheaters experiencing bug code xxxxx: JOKE'S ON YOU!!! ;) " *DELETE ACCOUNT*

Something like that maybe? Give dem uppity hackerz a taste of real humiliation. Just let them identify themselves! XD

honeypots like that dont work.
one valve game had a system where they would put fake player models inside the wall and record anyone who fired at them.

that said it was patched out by hackers almost immediately

#264 Coordinator Toxic Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:11 PM

View PostJeffrey Wilder, on 11 May 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

Those headshot aim bots, encountered a few on high ELO games. Guess you guys took care of those accounts

Do you remember their names or have screenshots, so you could check to see if they were taken care of?

Edited by Coordinator Aigis Kurita, 11 May 2015 - 11:12 PM.

#265 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:15 PM

View PostGateheaD, on 11 May 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:

honeypots like that dont work.
one valve game had a system where they would put fake player models inside the wall and record anyone who fired at them.

that said it was patched out by hackers almost immediately

Nah man, I'm talking about things like weird screen flickers, HUD bugs, less obvious stuff. Even things like previous bugs that were ironed out. Then when people start complaining about these hidden 'bait' bugs, PGI can swoop in and take a more detailed look at the player in question.

#266 Coordinator Toxic Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:16 PM

If they could detect a "modified installation" in the first place, in order to target people with one, then there would be no need for the graphical errors you propose so that reporting them would get you increased scrutiny.

Valve has a thing that roughly does this. It's called "verify integrity of game cache" in steam, and it isn't an anti-cheat. You couldn't detect cheats that would rely on modified game files like brightskins anyway, not for the ones I've played. Modern Warfare 2 is a prime example of this. VAC detects hacks in Modern Warfare 2 (poorly, but has improved; but still, poorly for a company like Valve, a company that does very well for itself), but is incapable of detecting brightskins, which are modified texture files that cause enemies, allies, and guns to appear in bright, distinctive matte colors to aid ready identification, among other things like removing foliage, because to the game, it's just loading the normal assets from its files, which have been tampered with (not going into details here) so that "verifying game cache integrity" will see the game files and say "everything looks good here, guys." VAC cannot detect that either, probably because either: A) it would see the same thing as the game file verification tool or B) they know that that particular kind of hack cannot be detected so it doesn't even try.

Edited by Coordinator Aigis Kurita, 11 May 2015 - 11:30 PM.

#267 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:23 PM

View PostSoy, on 11 May 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

If anyone has any questions at this point that I'm able to answer, now is the time to ask within the next few minutes before total sobriety kicks in.

By questions I mean, if you want to ask something dramatically inclined, suck a fat ****.

If any lingering concerns or anything left open is still in your mind, feel free.

I'll most likely check this post tomorrow and slap myself hard. Take it and run with it, if any of you want. Keep it relevant.

Lol, just go sober up man....

Edited by Repasy, 11 May 2015 - 11:24 PM.

#268 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

Thank you PGI, respect.

#269 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

I don't get why NKVA is so worried about anti-cheats. You guys liking your own posts isn't going to fool anyone into thinking you're something else than a tiny minority, and just makes everyone wonder why you want to present yourselves in such a bad light. Probably you just want attention, and the actual things you talk about don't really matter. Whatever.

Just one high profile player was banned, which points towards proper, manually done investigation, likely at least partly by directly spectating their game(s) instead of there being some magic program that scanned everyone's game files and matches and only found 1 cheater. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice if someone appears to always know where the enemies are despite having no means provided by the game to be able to do so.

I'd get your concern if this was some blanket banning of people all around, and if there truly was some reason to believe things didn't go by the book.

A cheater realized he/she was going to get caught and tried to get his/her money back as it was apparent he/she wouldn't be able to play the game anymore. Much more believeable than a player with true clairvoyance(!) being bullied and denied his/her refund and instead being banned and labeled cheater by PGI because PGI couldn't afford to refund a couple hundred dollars.

#270 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

I hate cheater....I hope you get cheater and not someone who made a lucky hit.

#271 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:49 PM

In the FRR community we have discussed this topic on Saturday and I am very glad to see this post today.
We have decided that we will try our best to spread awareness about this issue and encourage the members of all our affiliated units to report any suspicious behavior.
Of course we also would like to encourage everyone else to do so. Widespread cheating can be the death of a multi player game and its in ours and your interest to get those ******* out of our community.
Everyone can help PGI to fight this thing if you just keep your eyes open and file a report when you see something.

#272 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:52 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 11 May 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

this is what the members of NKVA seem to be doing

Posted Image

#273 OMGUTOOL

• PipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:56 PM

omg guys......
you guys a disputing something which can not be disputed.
if any of you ever worked in networking.
then you will know.
the data which travels back and forth from your PC to server and back is called a packet.
you see this packet is very small but it carries many info...
such as when a data travels through the many programs it leaves a history as to where it has been.
do i need to say more????????
PGI knows because it has the DATA that the packet has been through a program that it shouldn't have.......
it's simple........
and aimbot is not a texture mod.......
sure texture mod is very hard to detect due to it being a colour where the detection program looks for the name and size of the file and compares to its correct list.
but aimbot is different.
it leaves a trace in the packet and shows that it has been through a program or a shell that it should not have....

Edited by OMGUTOOL, 12 May 2015 - 12:01 AM.

#274 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

sounds great, I just wonder how you wanna verify reroll accounts since IP's and HWID's are can be changed, and banning IP's is hopefully not what you do, since IP's can change depending on the ISP, which suddenly can ban someone never ever having cheated.

View PostOMGUTOOL, on 11 May 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

PGI knows because it has the DATA that the packet has been through a program that it shouldn't have.......
it's simple........

Someone here is very naive, any data is adjustable that you sent through the net, and when a hackers knows what to look for he knows what to manipulate.

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 May 2015 - 12:02 AM.

#275 Coordinator Toxic Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:59 PM

View PostOMGUTOOL, on 11 May 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

omg guys......
you guys a disputing something which can not be disputed.
if any of you ever worked in networking.
then you will know.
the data which travels back and forth from your PC to server and back is called a packet.
you see this packet is very small but it carries many info...
such as when a data travels through the many programs it leaves a history as to where it has been.
do i need to say more????????
it's simple........

My index finger is smoking from sending emails to Valve, EA, Activision-Blizzard about this one simple trick from a mechdad on how to catch cheaters. insurance companies lawyers obama hate it!

Edited by Coordinator Aigis Kurita, 11 May 2015 - 11:59 PM.

#276 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:12 AM

https://www.youtube....d&v=4b5OIIOcnVQ

Just to spoiler alert anyone, in this episode of Supernatural the lady who says, "What are you boys doing in here?" Is actually the monster that sucks people's brain out while they sleep. The creature also causes others to become insane by contact. I think they called it NKVA :P

NKVA has coodies :blink: :wacko: :o

#277 Dirgez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:16 AM

View PostCMetz, on 11 May 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

Yes, I watched most of the matches in question on the tournament stream.

Yes, there was more than reasonable suspicion to launch an investigation.

What many of you don't realize is that the player in question was someone that PGI wants to have around.

They have no reason to maliciously ban said player.

I am confident after watching the matches and knowing who the player is that this player would not have been banned if there was no hard evidence of cheating.

Can you reveal what tournament and/or stream you are referring to?

#278 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:17 AM

*Unwraps the drums of fuel, readies them to be fuelling some fire *

Top tier competetive units and cheating ?
Gnihihihi , HAHAHAHA, MWUAHAHHA, NOTHING NEW YO !

Well, I still have a massive laughing burst whenever I see some of the "top tier competetive units" harping on about whatever it is they claim to do better in a game that is as far removed from being an ACTUAL E-SPORT AS MW:O IS .
Guys, if you were that hilariously quick, precise, long-time concentrated and teamplay oriented YOU WOULD LIKELY GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO TRY AND MAKE SOME REAL CASH .

Instead much of what I see and perceive from those "players" is : a bit of highly specific game-centric techtalk (interesting sometimes), trolling (everybody with 3 neurons can be trollingly witty), smacktalk (everybody is able to DO THAT), condescension (so you´re "good" : then be a sport, not a typical rotten douchebagel,) and immaturity (losing doesn´t hurt that bad, no need to activate all those tools) to such a point that it automatically reminds me of over-exhilarated youngins that try desparately and with all measures somehow available to make some kind of mark in this ever-changing world of e-peen/internet/in-game fame .

It also automatically screams to me : PRONE TO CHEATING

By the way ... looking at the people watching this thread right now a few names poke out that might easilybe fishy, to say it decently .

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 12 May 2015 - 12:19 AM.

#279 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:18 AM

Although I agree the use of cheats might tend to get smaller, be advised it might get much higher when the game hits Steam.
Just something you guys might already know but nevertheless it's better to point it out anyway :P

#280 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:22 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 12 May 2015 - 12:17 AM, said:

By the way ... looking at the people watching this thread right now a few names poke out that might easilybe fishy, to say it decently .

Hey I am not a fish I am a clown :mellow: a clown ninja! :ph34r:

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users