Another Word On Cheat Tools

587 replies to this topic

#341 Curley GumboKiller Bradley

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCold State

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:09 AM

Instead of using the banner 'Banned - Cheater" could you maybe change it to 'Suspended - Tom Brady'?

#342 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:30 AM

View PostDrSlamastika, on 12 May 2015 - 02:46 AM, said:

How you can recognize a cheater? I mean a normal player, not somone from PGI? It is possible, cose I have no idea how you can cheat in this game. I think I never ever saw cheater in this game.

Posted Image

#343 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostGadoGado, on 12 May 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

would you like to announce or list any cheaters to this forum, put it on "hall of shame" thread may be?

That would violate "name and shame"

#344 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:39 AM

View PostShinVector, on 12 May 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

Not that I use macros... Please check your facts..
Unfortunately PGI has gone out of its way to state people can use macros.
Its in one of their posts...

I have seen this in many games, but then when the competitive scene is overusing it, this course can change very quick and suddenly everyone cries and people get banned claiming being innocent.

No, just how hard is it to play a damn game how it is supposed to be? Are people too inable to click buttons? If you need this small edge to probably be better than others, thats quite sad. Especially when after this they even claim its about "skill" while that job was even done by an assitance LOL.

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 May 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#345 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:39 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 12 May 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

That would violate "name and shame"

It looks as though PGI do not care about naming and shaming, when it's them doing the naming. Listing it on the forums and putting tags on banned profiles amount to basically the same thing.

View PostLily from animove, on 12 May 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

I have seen this in many games, but then when the competitive scene is overusing it, this course can change very quick and suddenly everyone cries and people get banned claiming being innocent.

No, just how hard is it to play a damn game how it is supposed to be? Are people too inable to click buttons? If you need this small edge to probably be better than others, thats quite sad.

Worth noting that a lot of macro use is for ineffective yet hilarious builds. 6x LBX2 Direwolf is crap. Even with the ultra dakka macro, it's still crap. But dakka. Lots of dakka makes up for it.

Edited by Lunatech, 12 May 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#346 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

View PostGut, on 11 May 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

Yeah wondering if there would be a banned list or not.

I thought it was pretty clear, there won't be a banned list, but if people want to search endlessly through profiles to find the banned people, banned-cheater will be clearly marked on said profile.

#347 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostLunatech, on 12 May 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

It looks as though PGI do not care about naming and shaming, when it's them doing the naming. Listing it on the forums and putting tags on banned profiles amount to basically the same thing.

I was talking about players doing that. PGI is allowed to do it, and honestly, in the case of a confirmed cheater, they pretty much deserve it. (Not like they will get any harassment about it, their account is banned, so they are not getting hate mail on there.

The name and shame policy in it's essence is designed to protect players who are innocent, or still under investigation. Anyone can run their mouth and accuse others of cheating, and on the forums, that can get very toxic very fast. That's why name and shame was implemented.

#348 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:49 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 12 May 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

I was talking about players doing that. PGI is allowed to do it, and honestly, in the case of a confirmed cheater, they pretty much deserve it. (Not like they will get any harassment about it, their account is banned, so they are not getting hate mail on there.

The name and shame policy in it's essence is designed to protect players who are innocent, or still under investigation. Anyone can run their mouth and accuse others of cheating, and on the forums, that can get very toxic very fast. That's why name and shame was implemented.

Ah, I see. My mistake then.

#349 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:50 AM

View PostLunatech, on 12 May 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

Worth noting that a lot of macro use is for ineffective yet hilarious builds. 6x LBX2 Direwolf is crap. Even with the ultra dakka macro, it's still crap. But dakka. Lots of dakka makes up for it.

and its 500% more fun spamming those mousebuttons on your own, because if you play a trollbuild play it on all its fully insanely features. and make it UAC 2's.

and in the end it does not care if you macro or not it runs hot so insanely fast the true gain fro a macro is nearly nullified.

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 May 2015 - 06:50 AM.

#350 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 May 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Oh, I read the EULA alright.

Reading problems, or just plain stupid?

Isn't that standard boiler-plate that you'll find in any game EULA? What's your point?

#351 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

I'm glad to hear action has been taken on cheaters.

I can't fathom how lame someone would need to be to cheat at this game, frankly.

Edited by Appogee, 12 May 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#352 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:11 AM

People are now saying that the party discussed used wallhacks, but every hack-accusation timestamp of the gameplay I've seen third parties link was about supposed aimbots.

#353 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostThe Droid, on 12 May 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

People are now saying that the party discussed used wallhacks, but every hack-accusation timestamp of the gameplay I've seen third parties link was about supposed aimbots.

most hacks come with many many various cheat tools. Aimbot is probably just the most common term when people look for hacks and therefore the one main advertised feature.

#354 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostThe Droid, on 12 May 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

Well, could be both. They are both based on the same underlying principles, which delving into your system's memory to retrieve player positions from the information your client gets from the servers.

It's all academic now though.

#355 Papar

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:21 AM

Can you at least tell us what kind of cheating (wallhack, aimbot, overtonnage etc.) the tools you have found so far provide so that we know what we should be most suspicious of?

If it is overtonnage then it is undetectable to everyone but the most observant and knowledgable of players. I mean who is going to notice if someone puts 5 extra double heat sinks on his Atlas with a total tonnage of 105?

#356 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:22 AM

I am happy with their policy and forfeiture of all items within that account to discourage any potential cheaters. Sad day when you need to cheat to hit a 30 foot tall robot moving relatively slow.

#357 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:30 AM

View PostAppogee, on 12 May 2015 - 07:09 AM, said:

I'm glad to hear action has been taken on cheaters.

I can't fathom how lame someone would need to be to cheat at this game, frankly.

Every cheater’s reasons are individual. For some, cheating is just their meta. For others, their friends do it so they want to be uber too. Or they like to troll and or generally have a lack of regard for PGI (“PGI deserves it”) or they believe that it’s ok to use 3rd party tools to enhance their game. It’s “fair” in their view because the tools are available to anyone who wants to use them. The game allows meta build players to stomp pugs, allows teams of meta players to roll other lesser teams. The mindsets of “anything to win” or “if it’s a fair fight, I've already lost” easily push people with low ethical standards into using 3rd party tools.

Imo, cheaters are dickless cowards and should be banned.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 12 May 2015 - 07:35 AM.

#358 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:31 AM

The fun of the game is the challenge of it. Working your mechs up, making c-bills, etc. Cheating just makes it boring.

There's no fun to be had if you can just walk around killing everyone without any effort.

Just like whatever they use for ELO in their matchmaker keeps it interesting. There's no fun in smashing a new player who can barely aim.

I've known people who enjoy that, but I don't get it.

I suppose peer pressure to do better in a competitive team would be a catalyst. But it's just not worth it.

I don't think this player was a bad person. (Not a jerk or TK'er, etc.) I'm kinda surprised that they cheated. But people are people and crap happens.

And if you cheat the rules are clear about the consequences.

PGI is doing what has to be done. The rules are basically a contract with the players. We have to hold up our end to follow the rules, and they have to hold up theirs to enforce the rules. If they didn't enforce the rules the game would be pretty messed up and I'd stop playing and paying. I think that's the same for the majority of people who play the game. So it's in PGI's best interests to do what they are doing.

It's sad about that player. But thumbs up to PGI for making the hard decisions and doing what needs to be done.

#359 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 12 May 2015 - 05:40 AM, said:

Well careful, just because you think its a fix, doe snot make it legit. And most times macros are not penalsied because with hardware today having macroability it is hard to impossible to proerly check this. But then the server can recognise "perfect" repeated pattern

And be careful with the "missing finger guy" example. That may be sad, but thats how it is, sry. Because cheaters, better hack marketing is using similar "psychology" by trying to tell their customers, their cheating is actually not cheating. they tell them, its just bringing odds in a line, because the cheat equals out the no life time a pro can spend to train, while you can't. or that you just cover your inabilities to be on the same level as pro's. So very very carefully here, this is exactly the bait many hackers throw at innocent souls to hook them up. They try to explain you how everythign you do is fine, and try to make those borders look fishy. Too bad I cna not find that statement, it would make you wonder what nosnense they talk, yet what people do still believe to hack and still feel like they don't do anything wrong.

You have the ingame chainfire and single fire category, those are the by game allowed tools, and you should not extend them with external 3rd party use. So basically anything than replacing hardware shortcuts to other mousebuttons and such, should not be done.

Actually I looked it up in the forums under the rules and guidelines section and you're completely wrong.

http://mwomercs.com/...wo-game-client/

Taken directly from the rules as stated by the staff.

Q: My mouse/keyboard came with macro software that lets me emulate a series of clicks or helps me with some process. Is this allowed?

A: Yes, using macros as provided by 3rd party hardware vendors is allowed. Though the use of any modifications to assist with aiming, aimbots, wall hacks, or any attempt to give information or tactical assistance that other players would not have by default, is a serious violation of our Terms of Use and any account found to be using such software will likely be suspended or banned.

Taken directly from the rules. So firing macros are 100% A OK. So you're dead wrong.

Edited by Skarlock, 12 May 2015 - 07:45 AM.

#360 Azrael0815

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:51 AM

Thanks - thats all I can say.
Ban this cheaters.. thats all they deserve

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users