Another Word On Cheat Tools

587 replies to this topic

#361 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:00 AM

Really? People take the time to cheat. It is a free game, what could you possibly gain from cheating?

#362 Adiuvo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

View PostThe Droid, on 12 May 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

People are now saying that the party discussed used wallhacks, but every hack-accusation timestamp of the gameplay I've seen third parties link was about supposed aimbots.

You're reading the wrong threads. The accusations placed by the actual reporters were all about wallhacking, and multiple timestamps were shared.

#363 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:08 AM

Do you guys need a technical explanation of cheat detection? it's pretty simple, and this doesn't give away any trade secrets.

This is a combination client-side / server-side game. The game server handles all the positioning and status information, while the PC you're playing it on handles all the rendering and game environment data. The packets of info your PC gets from the game server every so many microseconds contain data about where everything is and how it's doing. Your controls then provide input, the packets are modified, and you send them back to the game server.

PGI saves each game for a while, including all the packet transmissions to and from. These packets are what PGI will analyze for illegal behavior. They'll run both the outgoing and incoming packets through a bandpass or X-Or logic filter to see exactly what your PC instructed the game to do. This could be an automated process that flags suspicous behavior, or it could be kicked off manually. And I'm reasonably confident that PGI looks at more than a single match to make the determination.

Anything your PC told the game to do that the user interface does not allow you to do will be flagged. Fire through terrain, target an enemy you cannot see, gain the effects of cool-shots you do not have, correcting your aim every 3 microseconds throughout the whole match (faster than a human could do it)... etc.

It's a pretty straightforward process, the exact details of which would be proprietary info for any software company, but we don't need to know them if we have a general understanding of the process described above. I support their efforts to do so and I appreiciate their decision to do it all server-side as opposed to loading down our clients with extra cheat-detection processes (which we could then circumvent in an arms race).

#364 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

This has made my day.

Edited by Harathan, 12 May 2015 - 08:16 AM.

#365 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostHarathan, on 12 May 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

This has made my day.

I liked your earlier revision more than I like this statement, but I still like it. ;)

#366 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:19 AM

Regarding to the player, most of us admired her and her skills, but now i do understand how she did it... and with that, i tend to suspect her team mates as well...

Next time i see them on the battlefield, i will tend to be very cautious and watch it in detail...

#367 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostCMetz, on 11 May 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

Yes, I watched most of the matches in question on the tournament stream.

Yes, there was more than reasonable suspicion to launch an investigation.

What many of you don't realize is that the player in question was someone that PGI wants to have around.

They have no reason to maliciously ban said player.

I am confident after watching the matches and knowing who the player is that this player would not have been banned if there was no hard evidence of cheating.

IKR.. why would they ban a paying customer if there wasn't good reason?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 12 May 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#368 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostThe Droid, on 12 May 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

People are now saying that the party discussed used wallhacks, but every hack-accusation timestamp of the gameplay I've seen third parties link was about supposed aimbots.

It's a bundle program of both MH and aimbot. There are videos floating around that show it in action.

#369 BA Animal

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:09 AM

There has been the same problem in Runescape for decades. The programmers find a way to detect the cheaters and the cheaters come up with a better way to cheat. Same as Radar/Laser guns on the highway for every speed trap there is a radar detector.

#370 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

View PostOnionbird, on 11 May 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Next on the chopping block for the hoards of players who have an axe to grind with him. I suspect a similar scenario will be playing out very soon.

The lynch mobs have now apparently been emboldened by this and similar threads. The mobs are now crying for blood, innocent or not.

#371 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

The your errors will not also cheating. and softwere errors that do not play that well and others we seem to cheating?

#372 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

Oh shoot.

... ran out of popcorn.

#373 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

I don't come across anything that seems to be cheat related very often. But I did have a match last week against some of the more competitive players where I did get cockpit shot twice in a fast Hunchback while moving at range...within a few seconds...and while they were under heavy fire from my team. It was suspicious. I was looking in their direction while moving and as soon as they came into view I instantly got hit in the face. Turned away, still moving, looked back and bam head shot again and dead. I figured someone got lucky. But from now on I'll pay more attention to odd stuff like that.

#374 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PostRepasy, on 11 May 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

They should get devious with weeding out hackers.

For example, code that would cause bugs only for modified installations and whatnot. We all know how players love to come out in droves and complain about the tiniest bugs, and hackers are no exception. So, just lay the fake bug trap, wait until you've reeled in a good amount of complainers / confirmed their hax, and then you strike!

"To all cheaters experiencing bug code xxxxx: JOKE'S ON YOU!!! ;) " *DELETE ACCOUNT*

Something like that maybe? Give dem uppity hackerz a taste of real humiliation. Just let them identify themselves! XD

They would never do a mass ban like that.. they will ban accounts ONE at a time, with the hope that the other hackers will step in line. For one, cheaters or not, these are still PAYING customers and money has power. Secondly, banning many ppl in one shot will cause panic among the players that cheaters are running rampant within the game.

This is why I have a feeling they have more players in their sights and not just this one 'sacrificial lamb.' They are waiting to see if they will re-offend before acting against them.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 12 May 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#375 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostSpadejack, on 12 May 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

Regarding to the player, most of us admired her and her skills, but now i do understand how she did it... and with that, i tend to suspect her team mates as well... Next time i see them on the battlefield, i will tend to be very cautious and watch it in detail...

And who would that be? SJR, who threw her out? 228th, who she left on bad terms before they went to SJR? Thin ice with accusations here, my friend, very thin ice...

#376 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:41 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 12 May 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

I liked your earlier revision more than I like this statement, but I still like it. ;)

I preferred my first version too, but since the trolls in question have apparently developed a persecution complex, and since (ironically) I don't trust the forum moderators, I figured I'd remove the hilarious dig at their expense before someone tried to report it.

View PostSoulstrom, on 12 May 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

Really? People take the time to cheat. It is a free game, what could you possibly gain from cheating?

e-peen.

Edited by Harathan, 12 May 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#377 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:58 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 12 May 2015 - 12:17 AM, said:

By the way ... looking at the people watching this thread right now a few names poke out that might easilybe fishy, to say it decently .

Well, I do have a mysterious name.

:lol:

#378 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

Good work PGI! :)

​We should facilitate real sportsmanship spirit in our game, there is no place for cheaters. What those people did is highest disrespecttowards all of the community and devs hard work - it should be not be tolerated.

Victory is not everything guys, it does not taste sweet if achieved unfairly. Meanwhile,defeat with grace does not taste bitter - that what I learned over years of training in sports. :)

#379 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostMadWOPR, on 11 May 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

While you're gleefully starting another smear campaign against NKVA ......

That made me chuckle.......

I actually like having the NKVA around the boards as it gives the general community a bad guy to root against. And they make it so easy, like the heels on old time wrestling: The Iron Sheik, Nikoli Kolov, Barry O and Johnny K-9, or even better Rick Flair. You love to hate them but cant wait to read the next thing they say.

#380 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostMadWOPR, on 11 May 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

While you're gleefully starting another smear campaign against NKVA...

Gleefully and deliberately attempt to alienate themselves from the rest of the community...

...complain when successful.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users