#381 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:20 AM

View PostBilbo, on 12 May 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

I knew it existed. Seeing it in action is disturbing.

Keep in mind it's subscription based afaik, or at least you have to pay for it. So it's not really rampant.

#382 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostShredhead, on 12 May 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

Keep in mind it's subscription based afaik, or at least you have to pay for it. So it's not really rampant.

Doesn't need to be rampant to be a problem.

#383 Impossible Wasabi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 462 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:31 AM

View PostHarathan, on 12 May 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

Gleefully and deliberately attempt to alienate themselves from the rest of the community...

...complain when successful.

Successful RPers are succesful.

The Space Pope just assumed it was part of their dedication to their craft, after all, a great actor does not step out of his/her role within the sight of the audience.

Edited by The True Space Pope, 12 May 2015 - 10:32 AM.

#384 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostThe True Space Pope, on 12 May 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

Successful RPers are succesful.

The Space Pope just assumed it was part of their dedication to their craft, after all, a great actor does not step out of his/her role within the sight of the audience.

Ooh, that's an interesting angle. They get away with trolling by calling it RP, so maybe they can try claiming the cheating is RP too, and we're just butthurt and not getting it? Maybe "Die, clanners" is a euphemism for "Wait while I turn my hack on". Thanks, Space Pope!

Edited by Harathan, 12 May 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#385 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

I'm certainly glad that PGI is finally doing something about this.

That said I can't help but feel a bit sorry for the banned players. Not because I don't agree with punishing players but simply because PGI waited forever to do anything so it largely turned into a standard operation mode.

I would hope that maybe some of the players could be given a second chance as well as making it so that the policy on cheating will be enforced regularly in the future rather than once every 3 years.

It's a unfortunate but from a legal perspective if you have a TOS but you never do anything to enforce you set up a good legal case as to why it can be ignored. Again, not saying I want cheaters in but I would prefer that we start on a fresh slate with lots of effort going forward to ensure that things are enforced regularly.

#386 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 12 May 2015 - 05:40 AM, said:

You have the ingame chainfire and single fire category, those are the by game allowed tools, and you should not extend them with external 3rd party use. So basically anything than replacing hardware shortcuts to other mousebuttons and such, should not be done.

Just to be clear on the use of macros ...

If I decide to make my Nova's firing pattern mimic 2 6-barrelled Gatling guns, or follow the tune of the Sound of Music, I am perfectly allowed to do so, timing intervals and all.

#387 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostBlueduck, on 12 May 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

I'm certainly glad that PGI is finally doing something about this.

That said I can't help but feel a bit sorry for the banned players. Not because I don't agree with punishing players but simply because PGI waited forever to do anything so it largely turned into a standard operation mode.

I would hope that maybe some of the players could be given a second chance as well as making it so that the policy on cheating will be enforced regularly in the future rather than once every 3 years.

It's a unfortunate but from a legal perspective if you have a TOS but you never do anything to enforce you set up a good legal case as to why it can be ignored. Again, not saying I want cheaters in but I would prefer that we start on a fresh slate with lots of effort going forward to ensure that things are enforced regularly.

Really? You feel sorry for a person who broke the TOS because they thought they could get away with it. I must be reading it wrong.

#388 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:08 AM

Not for the cheating, but simply because PGI didn't do anything forever about it and it became almost a normal thing. And yes, it really pisses me off still that I lost unfairly.

Regardless I've worked in situations surrounding legal limbos and if you don't enforce your TOS regularly then it turns into simply nothing.

Again, not defending anyone who cheats but simply saying that it's not just the players fault but also the devs in my view. I've been being torn up by aim bots for the last 2 years or so but at the time I was always mad at both the cheaters and the developers for not regularly enforcing their TOS.

In that view while I hate people that cheat they were largely enabled to do it.

Edited by Blueduck, 12 May 2015 - 11:10 AM.

#389 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostThe Droid, on 12 May 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

People are now saying that the party discussed used wallhacks, but every hack-accusation timestamp of the gameplay I've seen third parties link was about supposed aimbots.

That's because a whole lot of people are using "information" that came from their posteriors.

Some even point to the commentator video, which was using PGI's spectator tool, and mistakenly calling the extra information displayed by that tool as proof that the player used wall hacks.

OMFG!

Edited by Mystere, 12 May 2015 - 11:19 AM.

#390 Maelstrom238

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

View PostRepasy, on 11 May 2015 - 06:20 PM, said:

I support this.

Cheaters deserve to have their usernames forever etched onto the wall of shame.

We *so* need a "Wall of Shame" for cheaters.

I believe in giving credit where credit is due, but if a game cannot be won honorably... why even play?

#391 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:26 AM

Part of the issue is that the server is sending all information to everyone it seems, even if it's not necessary. The server can determine if a mech is visible/targetted and etc and then process to which players the mech information is sent too. The server can even determine things like cover and withhold information on units that are on the other side but reworking it to be like that is probably going to take some time.

Can't sniff what isn't sent to you.

#392 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 12 May 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

You're reading the wrong threads. The accusations placed by the actual reporters were all about wallhacking, and multiple timestamps were shared.

Which match(es) was it? Was it the one shown in the now unavailable commentator video with the "enemy hiding behind a small rock" scene near the end of the match? I am asking because I sure hope it was not that match.

#393 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:31 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 12 May 2015 - 08:08 AM, said:

Anything your PC told the game to do that the user interface does not allow you to do will be flagged. Fire through terrain, target an enemy you cannot see, gain the effects of cool-shots you do not have, correcting your aim every 3 microseconds throughout the whole match (faster than a human could do it)... etc.

The highlighted portion needs explaining. How can this be possible in a server-authoritative environment, where the server itself has a copy of the terrain? Or does it not have a copy?

#394 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostShredhead, on 12 May 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

<video>

I recommend removing this video as it violates the CoC.

#395 Adiuvo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostMystere, on 12 May 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

That's because a whole lot of people are using "information" that came from their posteriors.

Some even point to the commentator video, which was using PGI's spectator tool, and mistakenly calling the extra information displayed by that tool as proof that the player used wall hacks.

OMFG!

...what? No, nobody did that. Literally nobody. Everybody knew the extra information came the spectator tool. The reason it was clear she was wallhacking was because the player did not have access to that information, but behaved as if she did.

#396 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostSpadejack, on 12 May 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

Regarding to the player, most of us admired her and her skills, but now i do understand how she did it... and with that, i tend to suspect her team mates as well...

Next time i see them on the battlefield, i will tend to be very cautious and watch it in detail...

Now people know what I meant by:

View PostMystere, on 12 May 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

The lynch mobs have now apparently been emboldened by this and similar threads. The mobs are now crying for blood, innocent or not.

Edited by Mystere, 12 May 2015 - 11:37 AM.

#397 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

Still waiting on PGI to provide substantive evidence of wrongdoing instead of egging on a witchhunt over the video game equivalent of the Zapruder film.

#398 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

One good thing about being an average player - anyone cheating goes right past my Elo so I don't get to play them :P

Seriously though this is a good move from PGI and whether or not they can detect all the cheaters at least this shows they are acting against it.

#399 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 12 May 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

...what? No, nobody did that. Literally nobody. Everybody knew the extra information came the spectator tool. The reason it was clear she was wallhacking was because the player did not have access to that information, but behaved as if she did.

Not in this thread. It was here. And which is why I asked you in another post whether the decision to ban was based on the same match shown in video. That rock was small enough to allow a player to shoot the enemy as he came out of either side. The decision to ban must/should have been based on another match or matches.

Edited by Mystere, 12 May 2015 - 11:52 AM.

#400 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostRichter Kerensky, on 12 May 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

Still waiting on PGI to provide substantive evidence of wrongdoing instead of egging on a witchhunt over the video game equivalent of the Zapruder film.

Please show me one gaming company that showes evidence to the public whenever they ban a player for cheating.

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users