Another Word On Cheat Tools

587 replies to this topic

#461 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

Awesome PGI, thanks!

As for the comp player, was he from Lords or MS? ;)

#462 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostThatGuy539, on 12 May 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

Could have been a glitch, but I've had this happen to me. Someone was shooting me through a hill/rock. It was months ago, but I remember going "wtf?". I had assumed it was a glitch...maybe their arm/weapon was poking through the wall on the other side of the terrain which allowed them to shoot through it. And maybe someone else had me targeted which is how they knew where I was. But then again...maybe it was some kind of cheat. In any case that was the only time I've seen that happen.

This exact thing happened to me today.

#463 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:22 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 12 May 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

Awesome PGI, thanks!

As for the comp player, was he from Lords or MS? ;)

Neither

#464 Coordinator Toxic Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

View PostHenchman 24, on 12 May 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

You realize many cheats in the past have altered the runtime IN MEMORY so as to spoof A/C tools right? Since like Quake 2 FFS. Eyeroller? lol

Sure, if you want to be blatant about it. The less sophisticated an anti-cheat is, the lazier the cheat developers can afford to be. And, well, when it's not the lack of sophistication in the anti-cheat, but rather, its absence...

Edited by Coordinator Aigis Kurita, 12 May 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#465 100 Tonne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:30 PM

Ping zapper would not be consider a third party tool, would it??

#466 Coordinator Toxic Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostBig Grimm, on 12 May 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

Ping zapper would not be consider a third party tool, would it??

Nothing is actually scanning your computer, so feel free.

#467 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

What is ping zapper?

#468 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

whats the record for most posts in a form? this one is up their but i didn't know how close it was.

#469 100 Tonne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostBilbo, on 12 May 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

What is ping zapper?

http://pingzapper.com/

#470 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

View PostMystere, on 12 May 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

Just to be clear on the use of macros ...

If I decide to make my Nova's firing pattern mimic 2 6-barrelled Gatling guns, or follow the tune of the Sound of Music, I am perfectly allowed to do so, timing intervals and all.

Not only CAN you do that, you SHOULD.

And make a video of it.

#471 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:36 PM

View PostBig Grimm, on 12 May 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

So...a vpn? They have in the past said a vpn was allowable.

#472 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostLordLosh, on 12 May 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

whats the record for most posts in a form? this one is up their but i didn't know how close it was.

Not even close, I've seen +100 page threads.

#473 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:18 PM

View PostOMGUTOOL, on 11 May 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

omg guys......
you guys a disputing something which can not be disputed.
if any of you ever worked in networking.
then you will know.
the data which travels back and forth from your PC to server and back is called a packet.
you see this packet is very small but it carries many info...
such as when a data travels through the many programs it leaves a history as to where it has been.
do i need to say more????????
PGI knows because it has the DATA that the packet has been through a program that it shouldn't have.......
it's simple........
and aimbot is not a texture mod.......
sure texture mod is very hard to detect due to it being a colour where the detection program looks for the name and size of the file and compares to its correct list.
but aimbot is different.
it leaves a trace in the packet and shows that it has been through a program or a shell that it should not have....

FALSE...

What are you talking about? The first Aim botters ever made were Color aimbots(not packets)... They are crude when compared to the newer Packet versions we have today but they still exists... and could possibly be in this game.

View PostCurley GumboKiller Bradley, on 12 May 2015 - 06:09 AM, said:

Instead of using the banner 'Banned - Cheater" could you maybe change it to 'Suspended - Tom Brady'?

Posted Image

#474 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

View PostMadWOPR, on 12 May 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Ah yes, twist quotes so that asking for accountability and transparency from a company with a history of shady practices is somehow a bad thing. People are literally only asking if anyone else has been banned in such a way to see if there is some evidence that this isn't just a targeted move based on hysteria.

Wisdom

So, when a whole collection of very suspicious video evidence is handed over to PGI, and several days later after PGI's investigations, a ban is set, you find it unacceptable that other people weren't banned at the same time?

If there's serious reason to believe that a single player has cheated in a major tournament, it's investigated and found to be banworthy, what is the problem here?

PGI has said that they can reliably determine if a player cheats or not. They haven't said they have a system that does it automatically for every player. They got reports of possible cheating, looked into it, and banned a cheating player.

Why is banning a cheater after being reported somehow a bad thing? I just don't get your point. It's like IRL police could only look into crimes that they notice themselves, and not what victims of said crimes report to them. Would that make the police more trustworthy? Exaggeration of course, but I hope it clarifies my perplexion in this.

Would PGI, in your mind, be more trustworthy if they didn't look into evidence containing rather eyebrow raising material of possible 3rd party program exploits, and didn't conduct further investigation to the suspect's matches?

I can understand that it can be hard to accept that someone who you thought was a good player was only good because of cheats. But you use the word Wisdom, and what you're saying doesn't seem to contain much of it.

#475 iNF3CT3D

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

View PostNacon, on 11 May 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

So... Should I stop using AHK scripts? (AutoHotKey)

I'm asking this because I do have a few scripts running in my background, but they don't do anything for MWO. They're not even used for any games. They control my music and my LED light bulbs. I don't want to get banned on false detection.

EDIT: Of course, I'm still very much against cheaters. Don't get me wrong.

I agree, I use script tools for many functions in windows, Including CTRL-g for "GL and HF<CR>" (I guess a bit lazy!), and I don't wish to be banned for something detecting software monitoring my keyboard and mouse in the background.

I'm probably being paranoid but just saying I'd hate to lose the time and money I've invested in MWO over a misunderstanding. :wacko:

#476 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:37 PM

The banned player wasn't "only good because of cheats," but rather was an effective player who also played with some cheating tools. Too bad, egos can be your undoing.

#477 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:19 PM

View PostPapar, on 12 May 2015 - 07:21 AM, said:

Can you at least tell us what kind of cheating (wallhack, aimbot, overtonnage etc.) the tools you have found so far provide so that we know what we should be most suspicious of?

If it is overtonnage then it is undetectable to everyone but the most observant and knowledgable of players. I mean who is going to notice if someone puts 5 extra double heat sinks on his Atlas with a total tonnage of 105?

Overtonnage on a mech is done on both client, and server, and as such, the mech won't launch into the match. Although, that would be an interesting one to see.

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 12 May 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

IKR.. why would they ban a paying customer if there wasn't good reason?

This one was more than a paying customer. This was an MWO competitive player too. So basically, a small walking ad.

View PostMystere, on 12 May 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

The lynch mobs have now apparently been emboldened by this and similar threads. The mobs are now crying for blood, innocent or not.

As lynch mobs are wont to do. No one ever said Mob Mentality included being smart.

View PostMystere, on 12 May 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

Just to be clear on the use of macros ...

If I decide to make my Nova's firing pattern mimic 2 6-barrelled Gatling guns, or follow the tune of the Sound of Music, I am perfectly allowed to do so, timing intervals and all.

Domo Arigato Mister Roboto. On my Nova prime. I'm gonna have to download a macro program now, synch it up to the song, just so I can do this with my Nova.

View PostMadWOPR, on 12 May 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Ah yes, twist quotes so that asking for accountability and transparency from a company with a history of shady practices is somehow a bad thing. People are literally only asking if anyone else has been banned in such a way to see if there is some evidence that this isn't just a targeted move based on hysteria.

Wisdom

Your request makes little to no sense.

Here's a real world example simulating what you're asking for:

Cops hunt down a criminal on the most wanted list. They get them, and you ask: "Did they catch another one with him? Cuz I don't trust the cops, unless they make mass arrests."

I hope this shows you why, and how your request has more holes in it, than a wheel of swiss cheese on Tom & Jerry.

#478 Jerebec

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 78 posts
  • LocationEkaterinburg

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:39 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 May 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

these tools are not so widely used as some players may have initially imagined or feared.

http://vignette2.wik...=20110701192358

#479 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 12 May 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

Cops hunt down a criminal on the most wanted list. They get them, and you ask: "Did they catch another one with him? Cuz I don't trust the cops, unless they make mass arrests."

I hope this shows you why, and how your request has more holes in it, than a wheel of swiss cheese on Tom & Jerry.

Criminals get a trial by a jury consisting of their peers, so the police analogy doesn't work.

#480 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:59 PM

View PostRichter Kerensky, on 12 May 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

Criminals get a trial by a jury consisting of their peers, so the police analogy doesn't work.

Not in every country. In some countries there are actual professionals who deal with justice.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users