#521 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 13 May 2015 - 05:08 AM, said:

And because you know the person it is about, makes you magically know how PGI is working in the background?

No. But I know about several realted things that happened just before the ban and that gives me a perfect reason to think that the ban happened because of those things. Because if not, then we are talking about a coincidence of a one out of a trillion chances scale, which I don't believe in.

View PostLily from animove, on 13 May 2015 - 05:08 AM, said:

And how many "Can I get a refund" topics are there? isn't even much, lol. And you think the reason for this refund is those chetaign topic? It's mostly about some quriks and other rubbish which devalued some mechs horribly.

Yeah right ... and everyone in this thread asking PGI about methods they use to identify cheaters is doing so simply out of curiosity with no hidden agenda. [/sarcasm] Grow the fk up. The fact that these threads are starting now and not a week ago should tell you smth.

#522 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:28 AM

So how long are the 'cheating/hacks/etc.' nonsense threads going to keep popping up (anyone, more so directed at PGI to contain this b.s. even though nobody at PGI will read this)?

Just finished a session of solo queue and had one guy on my team accuse someone of UAC rapid fire hacks when he was getting shot by a HexaUAC/5 Dire Wolf.

This is just getting silly people.

#523 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:30 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 13 May 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

No. But I know about several realted things that happened just before the ban and that gives me a perfect reason to think that the ban happened because of those things. Because if not, then we are talking about a coincidence of a one out of a trillion chances scale, which I don't believe in.

Yeah right ... and everyone in this thread asking PGI about methods they use to identify cheaters is doing so simply out of curiosity with no hidden agenda. [/sarcasm] Grow the fk up. The fact that these threads are starting now and not a week ago should tell you smth.

What if there were alreay other cheaters banned, and the only reason why this coincedence is like it is is the fact that this time this had additionally to the usual just all the fuzz form before?

And those threads existed before as well, you have a very strong selective perception that leads you to a lot weird assumptions. Thats all that you call "perfect reasons".

Oh wait, lemme make also such a no brian assumption:
So all the hidden hackers suddenly fear getting banned and want a refund before this happens? Wow look such a perfect reason.
See easy to be done with 0 backup data except assumptions.

You do simply the same. So stop makign these assumptions on selective perception.

Edited by Lily from animove, 13 May 2015 - 05:31 AM.

#524 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:30 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 12 May 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

The banned player wasn't "only good because of cheats," but rather was an effective player who also played with some cheating tools. Too bad, egos can be your undoing.

Matters not the skill she possesses. Lost all dignity, she now has.

Posted Image

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 13 May 2015 - 05:36 AM.

#525 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:41 AM

View PostAlik Kerensky, on 12 May 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

So one person got banned? All this noise for one person... okay, I'll file this with who cares... not because I support cheating of any kind, but because out of thousands of player and possible hundreds of cheaters you find one. :huh:

It's not that just 'one' player got banned.. it's what she represents! We can now confidently say that cheating is possible AND happening. It also shows there are consquences for this kind of scum. This is HUGE! (TWSS)

#526 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:31 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 13 May 2015 - 01:21 AM, said:

Egomane ?

http://en.svfan.ru/

All the evidence to download, and actually the same replay VG uses to find the culprits, bar VG´s own telemetry and other nifty tools they use .

Uhhh,that hostility yo ... *basks in it*

You´re still a man of this shady company called PGI, deep in your heart, hm ?

Ok... video evidence... seems that is covered already. The link to a certain youtube video is repeated in various forums and several threads. Anyone really interested should have been able to see it by now. It's not from PGI but it shows the game as the server has seen it (observer always sees the match that way). Obviously this doesn't count or there wouldn't be calls for evidence.

No telemetry? How can we trust the video then? Who is to say that the admins didn't have a field day with the accused users account and banned him afterwards to cover their tracks?

Picture and video evidence is no evidence. Videos and pictures can be manipulated and faked. They are a good indication but nothing more. You either grant direct access to the telemetry data or you are not actually providing evidence.

And call me whatever you will, but all I did here is asking for evidence that some other company is doing what a few very loud users want PGI to do. Those users ignore the fact, that what they are demanding is against all logical reasoning and against normal company behavior for at least the last 20 years of online gaming. If I am taking sides with that in your opinion... hey whatever. I couldn't care less.

#527 Harvey Batchall Kerensky at Law

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:33 AM

View Postjaxjace, on 13 May 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

This thread is ******* beautiful. I just finished and feel like ive run a marathon.

NKVA I always knew you all were a bunch of twats, glad the community realizes it now as well. You are all hated for a reason.
Glad Kurita finally fell into place as the faction of ********.
I miss the goons, they at least were tasteful in their **** talk meme making. (whatever happened to them?)

Why even play games if you are going to cheat. its literally insanity, doing the same **** over and over expecting different results.

Ah and I love the poetic justice that it seams to always be the egotistical ***** who trash talk and try to make everyone else know they are the best, who tend to be the cheaters.

Honorable mention to your local "comp teams" I have two hundred and twenty eight reasons to hate groups and rehash groups of the same ego trippers.

GG CLOSE SCRUBS :P

If you're exhausted and getting worked up over NKVA being really good at the game compared to everyone then you should probably take a step back, friend

#528 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:39 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 13 May 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

This whole interest in cheating started because it was one of the links attached to the games loader. THAT'S why these threads are popping up now. If it wasn't for the link, I for one wouldn't know about it.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 13 May 2015 - 07:39 AM.

#529 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:42 AM

View PostMadWOPR, on 13 May 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

If you're exhausted and getting worked up over NKVA being really good at the game compared to everyone then you should probably take a step back, friend

Right jaxjace its like MadWOPR said, if you going to get exhausted and worked up...do it over a NKVA member being really good at getting caught cheating everyone.

Edited by Armando, 13 May 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#530 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

View PostEgomane, on 13 May 2015 - 06:31 AM, said:

Ok... video evidence... seems that is covered already. The link to a certain youtube video is repeated in various forums and several threads. Anyone really interested should have been able to see it by now. It's not from PGI but it shows the game as the server has seen it (observer always sees the match that way). Obviously this doesn't count or there wouldn't be calls for evidence.

No telemetry? How can we trust the video then? Who is to say that the admins didn't have a field day with the accused users account and banned him afterwards to cover their tracks?

Picture and video evidence is no evidence. Videos and pictures can be manipulated and faked. They are a good indication but nothing more. You either grant direct access to the telemetry data or you are not actually providing evidence.

And call me whatever you will, but all I did here is asking for evidence that some other company is doing what a few very loud users want PGI to do. Those users ignore the fact, that what they are demanding is against all logical reasoning and against normal company behavior for at least the last 20 years of online gaming. If I am taking sides with that in your opinion... hey whatever. I couldn't care less.

The problem gets deeper when chating is an entire clanthing. There wer ein APB a lot clans known for housing cheaters, mostly a low rank player that sued the wallhack communicating these informations to the others. And when the account was banne,d just reroll and repeat. Because thats the issue of a f2p game with no entry barrier. And the other clanmembers can still benefit from this cheating but are hardly touchable because they can liv up with the excuse: "we thought he was just that gooda and din't knew he was hacking". Today hackign is more than an individual doing it for itself, cheaters are an entire community nowdays. And with IP's and HWID's being able to be changed there is hardly a real way to control this entire mess.

Today I wallhack for my group on a hrow away alt acount
Tomorrow you Tom do that on a throw away alt account.
And the day after tomorrow, its sallies turn.

Just make sure to switch your IP's and stay hidden.
Somehow this it seems to work, and was very obvious, those clans with all the cheaters housing them and the one lowranked alway being the one carrying them, because he was additionally usign aimbots to make sure the mission will be won if needed. And no one in that clan ever cared if that throw away account was banned, because it takes 5 minutes to change IP and make a new account.

cheating is such a omnipresent subculture now in the Internet that its problematic. And even now if the other NVKA's have not cheaterd, or maybe did collective cheating which is possible, yet not proofable maybe. Thise cheaters will always drag a bad image over their entire unit(clan/guild. No matter if that is known and used by the Unit or not. and thats why it is very important ofr every serious compettive gaming unit to critically observe its members for fishy activities. Because everyone bearing your tag is representing you.

#531 Coordinator Toxic Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 12 May 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

Did you even read the example?

Is reading comprehension in such a short supply nowadays?

1- For the analogy, the criminal is on the most wanted list (this means they have committed some seriously bad crimes).

2- In terms of what happened here, the player was reported.

3- You have NO evidence to support anything you're claiming there. How do you know that PGI has no anti-cheats implemented?

How do you know that PGI doesn't know what they are doing?

How do you know that they didn't investigate the cheater?

How about you drop the B.S., and only state things that: a- make sense, and b- you can back up.

Burden of proof is on the accuser here.

PGI investigated the player, found them guilty, and punished them accordingly. According to the EULA they don't even need to tell you when they ban you.

Try reading my previous posts in this thread regarding why there is almost certainly no anti-cheat. Here's the very oversimplified version: among other things, it is very unlikely that PGI, with a very small team, managed to implement an anti-cheat for a game running on CryEngine, which is notoriously vulnerable when CryTek, a company employing 700 people, cannot implement one for its OWN GAMES.

If this is not enough for you, then go read those previous posts in the thread I mentioned. It's very easy to find them.

"1- For the analogy, the criminal is on the most wanted list (this means they have committed some seriously bad crimes)."

The analogy is flawed from the start, because they have no way of knowing a "crime" was even committed, so how could they have compiled a list of "criminals"?

View PostArmando, on 13 May 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

He got it right, the burden of proof lies with the person making the accusation. In this specific case, the burden of proof would lie with the person accusing PGI of banning someone without evidence.

Not to be confused with the burden of proof that would lie with PGI for accusing a player of cheating. That evidence only needs to be (and only SHOULD BE) shared with the quote / unquote 'cheater'. All it needs to be shared is evidence...in no way is PGI obligated to share their investigation methods, and would be gigantic morons if they did.

****UPDATE*****

OMG, just realized that the people asking PGI for EXPLICIT information on HOW they caught the cheater, cheating...is the cheater in questions unit.

Before I realized this I wouldn't have thought twice to look at old 'what ever the hell it was' former unit (you know, before the Ban), but NOW...after these kind of shady, Shady, SHADY requests / demands, I will be disappointed if PGI didn't review each and every member for similar evidence.

They were never in NKVA, sorry. Next.

View PostKursedVixen, on 13 May 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

So am I to assume that if a certain person in your unit were to be banned for 'hacking' the system giving themselves tons of free MC and abusing the ability to do so, should not be banned because they can't show you proof?

If this was even a possible hack, I would say that PGI keeps records of MC transactions (https://mwomercs.com/profile/credits), so it could be compared against payment transactions to catch them, except anyone sophisticated enough to do this could easily cover their tracks to avoid getting caught.

View PostPFC Carsten, on 13 May 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

Trial by other criminals? I wouldn't think so... *SCNR*

If this is what you think "innocent until proven guilty" and "jury of peers" means...

e: ok, here's the elementary school version, so more than 5% of the posters in this thread can understand what I'm saying:

Developing an anti-cheat for anything is hard.
Developing an anti-cheat for a CryEngine game is even harder.
CryTek, a medium size company, can afford to hire people who received an actual education in computer science.
The same company, which makes CryEngine, cannot do it.
PGI is a much, much smaller company.
Therefore, it is very unlikely that there is any anti-cheat at all.

Edited by Coordinator Aigis Kurita, 13 May 2015 - 08:35 AM.

#532 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

This is past the point of silly. There's no police, no trial, no none of that. there is PGI, a user, and a signed EULA. Violate the EULA and the company has the option of terminating the account. That's it, no conspiracy, no requirement to prove anything to the community.

I'm sorry that a unit lost a valued member to this, but nothing is gained by being unreasonable. you guys can take your money elsewhere and PGI will probably care about that, but making a ruckus with the other players like you guys did last night in game (and to a lesser extent this thread, since threads are for venting) doesn't help your friend's case. Or your unit's.

#533 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostRon Ron, on 13 May 2015 - 04:22 AM, said:

Wow, reported for hurtful personal insults. Hopefully you study up on proper manner-gaming while enjoying your time off.

It's cool, he can just claim he's RPing. Seen NKVA get away with worse using that excuse.

#534 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostMustafa Kemal Ataturk, on 11 May 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

Your opinions are all unimportant to me. The only thing I am interested in is PGI's response. If they wish to operate like this, they are losing money in the long term. The people posting here blindly in support of summary unexplained bans are the tiny minority of players.

I think you need to take a break man... Find a nice pond and feed the ducks. Watch the birds. Feed the fish. Think about your life a bit. You are not helping yourself or your cheating friends. ;-o

#535 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 12 May 2015 - 02:34 AM, said:

lulz @ all saying good job PGI. They wouldn't have done anything if not for two dozen players who submitted the evidence and kept hammering at PGI for some sort of action for several days. So, uh, yeah ... good job PGI. They have absolute zero active policing of cheaters, griefers, TK'ers or whatever else. They only start bothering when there are several dozens player reports submitted mentioning the same offender during a short timespan (i.e. a day).

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 13 May 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

Really, just stop embarassing yourself.

Should heed your own wise words, shortstack.

Edited by Soy, 13 May 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#536 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostSoy, on 13 May 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

Should heed your own wise words, shortstack.

Soy, in game or out of game you always make me laugh lol :wub:

-ST

#537 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

View PostMustafa Kemal Ataturk, on 11 May 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

Your opinions are all unimportant to me. The only thing I am interested in is PGI's response. If they wish to operate like this, they are losing money in the long term. The people posting here blindly in support of summary unexplained bans are the tiny minority of players.

Why do you believe that PGI cares enough about you to respond?

Other people's opinions are of no value to you. What makes you believe that PGI values *your* opinion?

#538 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 12 May 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

I've never understood the reason behind why some people have to win at any cost

Because while they learned, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." While at the same time ignoring the fact that sportsmanship was very important as well.

Edited by Lugh, 13 May 2015 - 11:03 AM.

#539 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:04 AM

Well guys it could be worse. This could be a sub game like World of Warcraft that's powered by bots and an whole server can report a botter and it'd still be running 4 years later and not even included in their banwaves. :ph34r:

#540 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

meteorol...you may want to delete your post. I'm pretty sure that's a big no-no.

And in general, I think this dead horse has been beaten into a pink mist.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users