45 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

25,000 keeps coming to my mind but I can not remember anyone remember. Just curious about something.

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:45 PM

No earthly idea. There was a thread that purported to track it made by laznazn(?) way back when if you could be bothered to wade through a search on this forum to find it.

#3 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

Maybe at the beginning but I would guess a third of that number still exists (plays) as of today...

#4 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 12 May 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

25,000 keeps coming to my mind but I can not remember anyone remember. Just curious about something.

You're low, it was over 50,000.

Here is a post with some numbers, can't verify their accuracy though but the trade press published over 50,000 to get the $5 million.
http://mwomercs.com/...unders-numbers/

#5 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 12 May 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

You're low, it was over 50,000.

Here is a post with some numbers, can't verify their accuracy though but the trade press published over 50,000 to get the $5 million.
http://mwomercs.com/...unders-numbers/

Yeah I remember the 5 million just could not remember how many of us there were. Going to be interested to see the number of Votes for the map

#6 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:27 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 12 May 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

Yeah I remember the 5 million just could not remember how many of us there were. Going to be interested to see the number of Votes for the map
probably not many.

First, fraction of founders still playing, then fraction of those who pay any attention to the forums then fraction of those who aren't away for the week or so then fraction of those who care which map is done next... I'd be surprised to top a couple hundred.

#7 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:36 PM

I remember numbers like 70k being mentioned, which makes sort of sense, 5000000 divided by 100 =50k, since the packages were 40-80-120 $ and not everyone got the $120 package 70k sort of fits.
will 700 founders vote?.
Wonder if PGI will publish the vote count? and will it be umm accurate.

#8 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:37 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 12 May 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

I remember numbers like 70k being mentioned, which makes sort of sense, 5000000 divided by 100 =50k, since the packages were 40-80-120 $ and not everyone got the $120 package 70k sort of fits.
will 700 founders vote?.
Wonder if PGI will publish the vote count? and will it be umm accurate.

You can see the vote count and its going about the way I expected

Edited by Darian DelFord, 12 May 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#9 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 12 May 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

probably not many.

First, fraction of founders still playing, then fraction of those who pay any attention to the forums then fraction of those who aren't away for the week or so then fraction of those who care which map is done next... I'd be surprised to top a couple hundred.

SURPRISE!
1400 in the first 4 hours.
https://mwomercs.com/founders-poll
It will probably still be a small fraction of the original number, but no need for that much doom and gloom.

#10 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:47 PM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 12 May 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

SURPRISE!
It will probably still be a small fraction of the original number, but no need for that much doom and gloom.

a good portion of the vote are my 627 alt accounts.

#11 HAV0C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 381 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:48 PM

Founder here, participated in the event (Netted around ~40 kills in my Hunchback 4G(F), not a ton, but hey, I contributed) where I could. Voted for Forest Colony to get a revamp in the poll.

Still here, still playing & enjoy the game. The unit I founded in Closed Beta is still here, going strong & having fun too thankfully and in no small part thanks to some amazing people I'm lucky enough to call friends still enjoying this game with me.

Hope to see more Founders events in the future (Not any time soon of course, but another one in the future would be cool). It Was a nice nod by PGI to those of us who have been here for a while & have stuck around.

That's all I've got to add for now. Take it easy boys & girls, and I'll see you all dirtside soon enough.

<S>

-Colonel Andrew "Havoc" Davis
Death's Hand Brigade Mercenaries

#12 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:49 PM

A couple years ago 50% of founders remained. we didn't know how many that is, but pgi raised about 5mil from founders... after math and all that I'm sure there's a number of founders around.

#13 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 12 May 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

SURPRISE!
i didnt mean it as doom and gloom, rather the opposite. Just that forum polls don't get a lot of traffic at the best of times, so its not a good indicator of how many founders play.

That said, wow. I AM surprised at so many votes.

Edit to repair autocorrect mangling.

Edited by Wintersdark, 13 May 2015 - 12:30 AM.

#14 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

Estimate around 5000-6000 founders in the event tops... :ph34r:

Based on 'testing' scores e.g. 1 'fun' round in Jenner placed me at around 1,300 with 29 points.

Assumes generally that players will focus on just one class. Although recognise this is not always the case.

Still, way way off the original 70,000 or so initial founders...

Edited by White Bear 84, 12 May 2015 - 06:31 PM.

#15 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

We are many... we are legion...

But not many of us stayed to play :(

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:30 PM

View PostHAV0C, on 12 May 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

Founder here, participated in the event (Netted around ~40 kills in my Hunchback 4G(F), not a ton, but hey, I contributed) where I could. Voted for Forest Colony to get a revamp in the poll.

Still here, still playing & enjoy the game. The unit I founded in Closed Beta is still here, going strong & having fun too thankfully and in no small part thanks to some amazing people I'm lucky enough to call friends still enjoying this game with me.

Hope to see more Founders events in the future (Not any time soon of course, but another one in the future would be cool). It Was a nice nod by PGI to those of us who have been here for a while & have stuck around.

That's all I've got to add for now. Take it easy boys & girls, and I'll see you all dirtside soon enough.

<S>

glad to see you guys going strong Havoc. Had some good matches with and against your guys in the Beta days.... even remember some good honorable games with your boys and the Lawmen during the RnR heyday, with Surrenders offered and such. Wish my unit was still active, but glad to see some of the old names still about.

#17 HAV0C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 381 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:10 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 May 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

glad to see you guys going strong Havoc. Had some good matches with and against your guys in the Beta days.... even remember some good honorable games with your boys and the Lawmen during the RnR heyday, with Surrenders offered and such. Wish my unit was still active, but glad to see some of the old names still about.

Come drop with us Bishop.

Seriously, we're primarily Steiner with occasional forays into other factions for 7 day contracts to allow folks to get the early/low end faction rewards, especially our pilots who are new to the game.

http://www.deathshandbrigade.net

TS:3 address is at the top right of the page. We would love to have ya come drop, and see if you like the digs enough to stay a while.

Up to you, of course, but the invitation stands. :)

<S> Take 'er easy and I'll look for you Dirtside in the mean time.

#18 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:29 PM

View PostHAV0C, on 12 May 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

Come drop with us Bishop.

Seriously, we're primarily Steiner with occasional forays into other factions for 7 day contracts to allow folks to get the early/low end faction rewards, especially our pilots who are new to the game.

http://www.deathshandbrigade.net

TS:3 address is at the top right of the page. We would love to have ya come drop, and see if you like the digs enough to stay a while.

Up to you, of course, but the invitation stands. :)

<S> Take 'er easy and I'll look for you Dirtside in the mean time.

I'll take you up on that. Probably not tonight, only on a little longer, but like I said, always respected you guys. See you when I can.

#19 Stoindrae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:32 PM

I'm a Founder... I still exist... I haven't participated in MWO in 2 years .. but I exist damnit!! :)

#20 HAV0C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 381 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 May 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

I'll take you up on that. Probably not tonight, only on a little longer, but like I said, always respected you guys. See you when I can.

Door's always open Bishop. (Seriously, the TS3 server has no password.) Just message anyone with a gold shield by their name once you connect and have them give you visitor tags so you can move around the server and get to know us. I'm at work here tonight so no MW for me either, but should be online tomorrow night. Hope to see you then if nothing else.

<S> Take 'er easy man.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users