6 replies to this topic

#1 Khanbaliq

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:06 PM

Hello,

It seems all mechs cost MCs. Is there any mechs that costs only C-bills? I press the "Store" button, list "all" mechs, and all mechs have an MC cost to it. No mechs costs only C-bills. Please help, thank you :)

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

View PostKhanbaliq, on 16 May 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

Hello,

It seems all mechs cost MCs. Is there any mechs that costs only C-bills? I press the "Store" button, list "all" mechs, and all mechs have an MC cost to it. No mechs costs only C-bills. Please help, thank you :)

All mechs have an MC option (skip the grind, buy a mech), as PGI doesn't sell any "pay to win" stuff.

You need to look for the option under each.
Note: "Champion" (the trial mechs, which are Cbill variants pre-enhanced) and "Hero" (unique variants usually mixing traits of two others with their own flaws) are MC only.

Click the Mechlab, then "Filter" at the top for "purchasable" or use the Store (can't see how they look, though) to see the ones you can buy (as by default it exclusively shows the trial [champion] mechs).

By default it only shows Owned Mechs + Trial Mechs in the mechlab. Change the filter to purchasable.

Also: Welcome to MWO.

Sorry I couldn't give a more detailed response with an image -- but someone I've known for 15 some years is coming over to meet in person for the first time. >.> Panic and rush and procrastination is bad, and whoosh! (Good luck will check in on you later!)

Edited by Koniving, 16 May 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#3 xDust

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

View PostKhanbaliq, on 16 May 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

Hello,

If you mean there's both MC and C-Bill options, the MC is in terms of equivalent C-Bills. Either or. Not total.

#4 Khanbaliq

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

View PostKoniving, on 16 May 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

All mechs have an MC option (skip the grind, buy a mech), as PGI doesn't sell any "pay to win" stuff.

You need to look for the option under each.
Note: "Champion" (the trial mechs, which are Cbill variants pre-enhanced) and "Hero" (unique variants usually mixing traits of two others with their own flaws) are MC only.

Click the Mechlab, then "Filter" at the top for "purchasable" or use the Store (can't see how they look, though) to see the ones you can buy (as by default it exclusively shows the trial [champion] mechs).

By default it only shows Owned Mechs + Trial Mechs in the mechlab. Change the filter to purchasable.

Also: Welcome to MWO.

Sorry I couldn't give a more detailed response with an image -- but someone I've known for 15 some years is coming over to meet in person for the first time. >.> Panic and rush and procrastination is bad, and whoosh! (Good luck will check in on you later!)

Thanks Konnivig! Much appreciated!

View PostxDust, on 16 May 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

If you mean there's both MC and C-Bill options, the MC is in terms of equivalent C-Bills. Either or. Not total.

Ah. Makes sense now. It's "or". Not total. I get it now, thanks!

#5 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:56 PM

Everything has an MC option.

Most have CBills. Except for Hero's, Champions and some of the newer releases which take a month to become CBill available.

#6 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:02 PM

Here is a video to show you step by step how it buy a mech. It can be a little confusing.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostKhanbaliq, on 16 May 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

Thanks Konnivig! Much appreciated!
Ah. Makes sense now. It's "or". Not total. I get it now, thanks!

You're welcome. And yeah that's something I took for granted, even in the original UI it could cause that confusion; it gave a "Buy MC" and "Buy Cbills" option at the side of every mech -- it wouldn't have been confusing if it said "Buy with MC" and "Buy with Cbills", but now it's just "Buy" leading to a choice menu.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users