Help Me To Decide

47 replies to this topic

#1 TLX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:57 AM

I have over 10 accounts but i can only access to 5. In those accounts i have tested different mechs and quirks. But i cannot decide with one going to be my main account for start. I post a list of all mecha i have in all accounts and then u help me to decide.

I have:

A locust 1v with 4 machine guns and a médium láser.

Cicada 3c with 4 machine guns and a mpl.

Mist lynx a with clan er large láser and two clan machine guns.

Panther 10k with two small lasers and two srm 4.

Catapult a1 with two lrm 10 and artemis.

As u see i prefer light mechs but i do more damage with the catapult. Im undecided with which one gonna be my first mech to máster first. So help me to decide.

Edited by TLX, 14 May 2015 - 02:00 AM.

#2 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:05 AM

Just wait a few more months, there will be more light mechs and lrm boats coming.
You can create more accounts and test them too.

Or................... you can just pick the account you have more money in and work from there.

Why people need more than one account baffles me, though.
The amount of time wasted on multiple accounts when the same time could be spent on just one and, therefore, all the money made will be on a single account.

#3 TLX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:23 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 14 May 2015 - 02:05 AM, said:

Just wait a few more months, there will be more light mechs and lrm boats coming.
You can create more accounts and test them too.

Or................... you can just pick the account you have more money in and work from there.

The amount of time wasted on multiple accounts when the same time could be spent on just one and, therefore, all the money made will be on a single account.

Because 9 million of cbills with cadet bonuses is faster gain than the normal gain of cbills in battles. And then is faster to do quirks with different mechs.

#4 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:34 AM

TLX, the amount of time you spend on all the other accounts would be more than enough for you to gather much more than 20-30 mill on a single account, and use that money to try-out, test, build, improve and repeat on multiple mechs.

Just keep one thing in mind:
If you are not sure about a build after you payed for, at least use it for about 50 more matches before changing it.

There are reasons for this.
1 - You can get some (if not all and more) of your money back.
2 - Some builds are more situational than others and learning to work with them is part of this game. Playing more matches with a build will help you really know if you can master it or need to change. And if you need to change it, by that time you will have money for it and more.

People constantly changing builds will always need more money to use.

So my advise stands: Chose the account where you have the most cash and keep it. Play around with the mech, balance your economy and have fun trying to master the builds you thought of (or you got inspired by others).

#5 Arn0ldSchwarzenegger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 198 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, England

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:53 AM

be aware of damage numbers from an LRM boat, thats a lot of damage spread over a mech, a gauss mech doing 250 dmg is going to be similar to an lrm mech doing 5-600 depending on skill level of the guass pilot in effectiveness, an LRM boat is not going to make you a good player, neither is a Machine gun locust - Id say work on the panthers, decent little mechs and the 4R with 2 large pulse lasers is an excellent mech.

CDA is a decent mech but its huge CT means that only very good players at movement and torso twisting will get the most out of it.

#6 PACoFist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationThe Eye Of Chaos

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:17 AM

I have Panthers, Locusts and Catapults. And I would recommend taking the Catapult. The Panther and the Locust are fun mechs, but they are not really good.

Can´t say much about the Cicada and the Mist Lynx.

But if you take the Catapult, please change your loadout. Two LRM10 launchers is no good configuration. LRMs are only effective at ranges of more than 180 metres. If an enemy gets closer than 180 metres you are defenceless.
Better bring some SRM launchers, so you can defend yourself, when you are attacked at short range.

Maybe like this:
CPLT-A1
Still not the best loadout. Ideally you would also install an XL-engine, and more or bigger LRM launchers. But that will be expensive.

#7 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:54 AM

LRM's are not valuable except as a suppression weapon. Your damage numbers may artificially "appear" good, but in fact you're not really doing much damage or providing much assistance to your team. Spend your time learning how to use direct fire weapons and you'll become a much more valuable teammate.

#8 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:47 AM

4 not very good chassis for newish players, frankly.

(Sure, good players can make all those Mechs work. But that's not the situation you described.)

Cicadas are good for new players. Your 4ML+1MPL loadout isn't doing you any favours.

Catapult is getting better damage numbers for you because just about every Heavy Mech will keep you alive longer when you're a newer player.

My advice is to fix your Cicada loadout, buy other Cicadas and load them up with MLs or MPLs and fast engines, and Master that chassis. X-5 is a decent Hero investment to accelerate your earnings.

If you want to start again, Timberwolves and Storm Crows are the best and most versatile chassis in the game at this time.

Edited by Appogee, 14 May 2015 - 08:48 AM.

#9 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

Ask support politely to unite your accounts.

#10 TLX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

Well after thinking it some time and reading this,i decided for the catapult. Thanks for help.

#11 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

the only good thing about catapult it's [cat] part and hanging ears - lids on the missile racks

try stormcrow

View PostFlipOver, on 14 May 2015 - 02:05 AM, said:

they are a new player and bought different mechs with the cadet money on each of them, obviously

#12 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,662 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

Catapults are ok. Go with the C1 and K2 variants next.

#13 Arn0ldSchwarzenegger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 198 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, England

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:05 AM

If you want to become a decent player, drop the lrms make it an SRM catapult or get the K2 - the Lrms will just make you a standofish player who likes to hide and relies on the team to get his locks etc etc
The only good LRM pilot is an aggressive one who's also fitted TAG

#14 TLX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:11 AM

Ok,actually i have my pult a1 with two 10 lrm. This is how i will like to turn now:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7428218cbd59936

What do u think??? Its a good loadout for beign a tank and protect teammates??? I will not run out of ammo in middle of the match???

Edited by TLX, 15 May 2015 - 07:18 AM.

#15 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

View PostTLX, on 15 May 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

Ok,actually i have my pult a1 with two 10 lrm. This is how i will like to turn now:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7428218cbd59936

What do u think???

Try this:

CPLT-A1

The splat cat is a time honored hunter. I personally think the LRMs are ok, and disagree heavily with Arnold.

#16 TLX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:20 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 15 May 2015 - 07:16 AM, said:

Try this:

CPLT-A1

The splat cat is a time honored hunter. I personally think the LRMs are ok, and disagree heavily with Arnold.

Yeah iraqi.i thought to put full srm 6 to the mech,but i count about cooling and ammo too.

#17 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFrom Safety To Where?

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:21 AM

Help me make the most of freedom and of pleasure~

Yeah Catapults are pretty good mechs! THeir geometry hampers them but I find them good starter mechs, especially the C1.

#18 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostTLX, on 15 May 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

Yeah iraqi.i thought to put full srm 6 to the mech,but i count about cooling and ammo too.

You can remove a JJ to add a 6th ton of ammo. Honestly, you will not run out of ammo quickly, with 6 tons, and using SRM6s, you will deal crazy damage, very fast. Especially with an alpha strike. The way to play this mech is like an ambush predator. You sneak up on your prey. Lunge. Hit, and fade away. Leaving them too dazed to know what happened.

You can then either immediately pop out again, and finish them off, or hide, cool off, and then pop out, and finish them off.

You should also use Chain fire more often.

#19 TLX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostChrona, on 15 May 2015 - 07:21 AM, said:

Help me make the most of freedom and of pleasure~

Yeah Catapults are pretty good mechs! THeir geometry hampers them but I find them good starter mechs, especially the C1.

I dont understand the first part that u erased with a line.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 15 May 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

You can remove a JJ to add a 6th ton of ammo. Honestly, you will not run out of ammo quickly, with 6 tons, and using SRM6s, you will deal crazy damage, very fast. Especially with an alpha strike. The way to play this mech is like an ambush predator. You sneak up on your prey. Lunge. Hit, and fade away. Leaving them too dazed to know what happened.

You can then either immediately pop out again, and finish them off, or hide, cool off, and then pop out, and finish them off.

You should also use Chain fire more often.

Yeah,ive seen a vídeo of a srm locust that uses chain fire and killed two assault mechs with this tactic.

#20 TLX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

Oops,i dont remember that i have learned some skills with lrms 10 so changeing to srm would not be possible.

Edited by TLX, 15 May 2015 - 10:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users