#21 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:06 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 17 May 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

Most of your examination on those mechs are wrong, they just show your mediocre piloting skill

Insulting the people around you: always the best way to defend your point. /sarcasm

#22 X T R E M E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:33 AM

I was wandering if there were some devs who actually play the game.

I have been playing it since 3 years, and i have bought many packages
many like me have been doing the same.

I would kindly suggest you to listen more at people who have more experiece, instead of crybabies with lrms that cry only on what killed them last time.

Many like me were going to buy another clan pack: but you made them UNDERPOWERED and boring, if things go on this way, the game will die soon, and we are also thinking to ask for a clan refund.

You had the tukaydd stats: they are no use: you did not consider that many good players and corps played clan during the event: clans are underpowered, but players who play them are better than IS pugs.

This is why they got a slight advantage.

Edited by XtremeAlex, 17 May 2015 - 05:50 AM.

#23 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:50 AM

Translation of OP.
"I am the most important person in the game, listen to me alone!"

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 17 May 2015 - 12:33 AM, said:

real OP IS mechs that you had to nerf were

Thunderbolt 9se std280 3lpl
blackjack 1x xl 295 6ml+2mpl
jagermech dd xl235 3uac5
dragon 1n xl300 2ac5
wolverine 6k xl280 4ll

Thunderbolt 9SE, I see more 5SS and 9S than the other two so not OP.
Blackjack 1X, no different than other brawlers, when you see it, you take it from range.
Jager DD 3UAC is not OP, I have run it and not seen massive benefits that I would if it were OP.
Dragon 1N 2AC5 is not OP, the Dakka Wolf is worse. I can fight back against a Dakka Dragon better than a Dakka Wolf thanks to the unrealistic screen shake and Fourth of July colorful explosions happening in my view that happen more when a Dakka Wolf is shooting 4-6 UACs compared to only 2 ACs on chain fire.
Wolverine 6K, hardly see Wolvies. I almost always see Timbers, Crows, Dires, King Crabs, Atlas, Stalker, Firestarter.

STOP LISTENING TO THOSE STUPID PUGS THAT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE LAST THING THAT KILLED THEM.

Last night I died to Overheating a few times so Overheating OP, it makes me fear Flamers, nerf Overheating. :D

#24 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:12 AM

I wolder how much in game experience this guy that plans nerfs has......i bet he does not play the game at all.

STOP LISTENING TO THOSE STUPID PUGS THAT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE LAST THING THAT KILLED THEM.

Inner sphere drop deck is already more powerful than clan one, but 99% people here are just too incompetent too see this.

THESE ACTIONS JUST SHOW INCOMPETENCE, and that'it.

Posted Image

#25 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:23 AM

View PostXtremeAlex, on 17 May 2015 - 05:33 AM, said:

You had the tukaydd stats: they are no use: you did not consider that many good players and corps played clan during the event: clans are underpowered, but players who play them are better than IS pugs.

Definitely not...

You must remember, something clan mechs are from far more expensive than IS mechs ... But a perfect IS build is strictly same price than a clan mech ... Newbies don't care about a perfect build they just want try a stompy big mech.

Anjd news players will not wait have 10 millions for buy a stormcrow or nova ( if you want mastered them you have to buy 3 of them ) they will buy an assaut IS mech for 10 millions or a medium for 5 millions.

Also IS have more newbies (in %) its certain when clan have more average players compared to all theirs workforce/effectives

But GOOD PILOTS ARE IN BOTH SIDE AND DON'T CARE ABOUT DRIVE A CLAN MECH OR A IS MECH ..

They can and they drive both, not only timber, FS/huggin or stromcrown or dire ... but thoses mechs are the best mechs in each weight category is a fact also competitive players drive those mechs most of time.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 17 May 2015 - 06:26 AM.

#26 derFiend

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:30 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 17 May 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

You must remember something clan mech are more expensive than IS mech ... But a perfect IS build is same price than a clan mech ...

In total you spend more money as IS player, cause the meta mechs change more often then on Clan side, where Timber and Crow are BIS since they appear. Guess this nerv try to change this, is the idea of PGI. Reality will show, the Crow will stay as BIS until the hitboxes are fixed or the crow will totally nerved at all weapons (not happen this time).

View PostIdealsuspect, on 17 May 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

But GOOD PILOTS ARE IN BOTH SIDE AND DON'T CARE ABOUT DRIVE A CLAN MECH OR A IS MECH ..

True, and any event don´t show everything, cause there was no real competition IS/Clan about the different numbers at every timezone.

#27 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

....IL Mechwarrior....OK I also use Firestarter, Hunchbacks, King Crabs....with 203 equiped mechs...51 with modules ready to go...and 36 preorder inc....I think I have covered all posibilitys. To say my dropdeck is ****..Hmmm wich mechs do u use wich I don t have? Ups I have all existing.....:D Calm down bro. My dropdeck is fine for me.

#28 Martin Conrad

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

Why?
have you at least take a look at the IS map?
there should be some clan's planets out there!

no one is playing Clan anymone, BEFORE your upcoming nerf, what is going to happen, after?
Timber n Storm are the only viable choice in CW, this UNBELIVABLE nerf will turn all the actual meta to junk, so what?
manage to fight with nova, adder n hellbringer?

this nerf will kill the clan invasion, and turn CW into a fight between IS houses

#29 valt901

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:39 PM

I used to be able to make a group in my unit at any time of the day, now even in prime time i have to go outside my unit to make a group. You people are causing players to leave en mass. When you have to nerf a mech that can only be bought with real money in the gift store then you have truly failed. One shot then you over heat, wow what fun pgi. Can't wait to see how you are received on steam. Hash-tag laughing stock. I've bought every top tier package except founders and frankly i'm not feeling like i got my money's worth anymore and i haven't yet bought the current one and don't think i'm going to because I've had enough. You've beaten me into submission. I give up..

#30 thaddeus1111

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

Hi i am new at this game and i can't find out how to start playing, can someone tell me where the play button is?

#31 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:19 PM

"Oh no! Lets all panic before the change has happened! Just like we did with all other changes in the game!"

Heard this line before. Can we at least let the changes happen, see how they effect things, and THEN complain about it?

PS: This doesn't belong in "Patch feedback". At least not for this patch. You're a few days ahead of scheduled...

#32 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostMartin Conrad, on 17 May 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

Why?
have you at least take a look at the IS map?
there should be some clan's planets out there!

no one is playing Clan anymone, BEFORE your upcoming nerf, what is going to happen, after?
Timber n Storm are the only viable choice in CW, this UNBELIVABLE nerf will turn all the actual meta to junk, so what?
manage to fight with nova, adder n hellbringer?

this nerf will kill the clan invasion, and turn CW into a fight between IS houses

Don't you forget though, MS is on the IS side this time around. To top that off, IS has a higher population (mostly still in the DC and FRR still) and they are using that to their advantage this time around.

From what I can tell, these changes are so small they should barely even change much of anything. I'd rather get the changes into the game, see how it works, and then make a better informed opinion on experience and information. (After all, the two clan mechs getting hit are regarded as the "best" mechs in the game.)

#33 MalodorousMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 283 posts
  • Location, location, location

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

I'm not totally against the nerfing of the TBR and SCR, but I wonder if they maybe overdid it a bit. We'll have to wait and see. A 1.8-1.9 second burn time for the large laser is getting pretty crazy. Back when clan tech was new, the large lasers were nerfed to have a 2 second burn time, and effectively killed the weapon until they changed it back.

That being said, the TBR and SCR are some of the most effective chassis in the game, so I don't feel such a change was totally unwarranted. I do wonder though whether the 7 MPL thunderbolt deserved a bit of a nerf alongside the TBR, SCR, and STK.

#34 Kelenas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:24 AM

I think the TBR and SCR did need a little nerf, but these are pretty brutal. Making every laser hardpoint make your lasers worse, even if you aren't using it does not seem like the answer. It straight up kills clan side laser vomit, which while it needed a bit of a nerf, should still be a viable thing to do. With something like a 20% nerf to duration and cooldown it will not be.

I'm of the opinion that the Timberwolf needs to be the benchmark mech that all others are judged against. Complaining that THE iconic mech in the game is too good always struck me very counterproductive. Of course it's the best, it's always been the best, that's the point of the Mad Cat.

View PostTesunie, on 17 May 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

From what I can tell, these changes are so small they should barely even change much of anything.

Am I misreading how big of a nerf 3% cooldown and duration per energy hardpoint is or are you?

Edited by Kelenas, 18 May 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#35 Kazzun

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNRW - D

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:09 AM

Cooldown nerf wouldnt be that bad for already hot running Clan vomits..

Duration is the point.

Sure Players will adapt but it is imho too much.

#36 Martin Conrad

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:21 AM

sure we adapt.
switching side to IS.
To fight WHO?

#37 derFiend

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:25 AM

View PostKelenas, on 18 May 2015 - 12:24 AM, said:

Am I misreading how big of a nerf 3% cooldown and duration per energy hardpoint is or are you?

In general, this kind of nerf could be interesting and working for both sides, to avoid boating... get a 3% cooldown or similar more heat if you equip more then 2times the same weapon... meta will be always change between weapon systems, but at the end of the day, only boating is still a problem...

#38 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:25 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 17 May 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

Btw, stalker is junk, noob friendly mech,

... So you are trying to tell us that on the one hand the Stalker is a noob friendly mech (and indirectly are therefore saying teh nerf to the stalker is justified),but on the otherhand the Timberwolf and Stormcrows do not need a nerf (Are you trying to say that these 2 mechs are not noob friendly)?

[redacted]

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 18 May 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#39 Wolfhagen

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:50 AM

View PostTesunie, on 17 May 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

"Oh no! Lets all panic before the change has happened! Just like we did with all other changes in the game!"

Heard this line before. Can we at least let the changes happen, see how they effect things, and THEN complain about it?

PS: This doesn't belong in "Patch feedback". At least not for this patch. You're a few days ahead of scheduled...

Has nothing to do with panic. Its math and experience. ERLL was duration ~1 sec and strong, became 1,5 sec and useless.
All laservomits dropt the erll for lpl and erm.
Now erm an lpl on timber and crow will have a duration ~ 1,5 sec. What do you expect will happen ?

Maybe down their in the "lrm are viable weapons" skill level, where mechs stand still to shoot on each other this doesnt matter. But i am not willing to loose 500 games in a row to reach this elo and pay 350 bucks a month for it.

If PGI doesnt need their serious and serious paying gamer any longer or simply does not know the mechanics of their own game. Ok, its not my fault and not my problem. Their is a shitload of other games i can play and pay for it.

Edited by Wolfhagen, 18 May 2015 - 03:53 AM.

#40 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:12 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 18 May 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

And than, a stormcrow with 6erml+1erll is everything but noob friendly

I think 1 set was still stuck after all.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

The 6erml +1erll not noob friendly? Remind me again why it isnt a 7erml stormcrow? Yes... becasue of ghost heat... the mech was designed to have a high alpha which any noob could use and accidentally trigger an alpha strike and still have the possibility (note the word possibility instead of ruling out an overheat as it is still pretty hot) of not insta-overheating. The single erll was added to be able to poke alittle at long ranges while positioning closer to eh erml ranges.

But yes. carry on beleiving that the Stormcrows and Timberwolves take a lot of "skill ™" to use.

Skill ™: isnt a registered trademark for the clam inc. and any transgression against the name Skill ™ will result in immediate and insistant whining.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users