#21 Doktor Schmerz

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 18 May 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

Lol, no, I really didnt have a clue, thats why im asking...derp. :rolleyes:

But then the next question, is why they out numbered so badly? Is it they are so unappealing and not so OP overall that the current clan players are just swapping over to the IS? Is the IS really the good faction and everyone and their cat is moving over?

CUz, I mean, if Clans were as OP as forumside claims, you would think the IS would be split up between CJF/CW/CGB/CSJ, as most players swap to Clan, not IS....

I get the start up cost of Clans is higher, but still....

I think it is because the player base on the clan side was so toxic. Too many try hards forgetting that it is a game. The culture for IS is way better.

#22 Doktor Schmerz

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:41 PM

As for Bear's OP, I think he is dead nuts on. The planets need meaning in order to be fought over. Otherwise it is just a pure **** measuring contest. I'd like planets to supply me with reduced prices on goods and tax income. This tax should be a base for everyone in on IS/Clans, increased for the specific faction and highest for the unit that is incharge of the world. Would that make MS monstorous... probably, but for every mothra there is a godzilla, surely one would arise. Also, this would integrate the unit coffers too giving the units more meaning.

After the economy, the queue times are what need fixing next. Coming in a close second. I'm not sure how many times I've waited in queue with 11 other players and could not drop on a tile that is clearly open. Frustration beyond belief. Fix this.

Bear's main point of the different attackable map is beautiful, well done. I would like to add maybe the ability to add more turrets to defenses for money, or maybe raise the drop tonnage with a certain amount of money per drop. War is expensive and should involve the ongoing expenditure of taxed money from gathered planets. Also there should be a way to form a coaltion with other factions on IS/Clans for attack purposes, not just defense. Attackers should also be able to chose what they are attacking even if Bear's strat is not implemented. Additionally, different sized/poplulated/rich planets could have differently turreted and defended layers inherently with a varying main city that is harder or eaier to obtain given the planet's importance , etc..

Generally, the way the map currently gets taken is broken... why am I ghost dropping defense on a segment that no one has attacked yet? Shouldn't I be counter attacking an already captured segment first? Moving the needle on the planet seems clunky and difficult.

Also, please add exploding mines as a weapon, that would be so sweet. That would change the derp method of attacking for every current map.

#23 BearFlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 374 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:06 AM

I love mech battles. Love 'em. But to me, CW is just a meatgrinder. Twice the death in half the time. I play mostly the open games because I can live with the occasional 12-0, 0-12 game for those games that come down to line - those games that leave you shaking because you prevailed as last mech against last mech. I live for that thrill - for the need to take a 15 minute break because that last battle was so intense.

I'm in a unit, have some rank. But CW is not what I ~like~ in the game. That thrill is rare in CW. And its hoped for deeper meaning is absent.

My lack of knowledge of lore is due to the fact that I came to mech battles not through BT, but through the old Earthseige 2 game. There wasn't volumes of "lore" and a dozen boringly indistinct factions. Just humans versus the Cybrids. A model of simplicity.

IF immersion is needed and IF simplicity is necessary, THEN lore takes a big hit to make a compelling new universe...

BT is just too ham-handed as a story-line.

Edited by BearFlag, 19 May 2015 - 12:11 AM.

#24 BearFlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 374 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:43 AM

@ Doktor Schmerz

Thanks.

I also like the idea of mine layers. It's a needed addition to defensive ops to slow the pace of combat when one side is retreating or defending. Different mines types could be imagined. Dumb mines hard to detect that explode on proximity against either side. Smart mines, easier to detect, that are friend/foe selective. An even crazier idea is turret layers. These would be mechs with long, weak, spindly arms to deploy/retrieve turrets that the layer can remotely access and control through a screen switch. Maybe such a mech carries three or four turrets with a couple CT MLs as last resort. A turret-layer would also contribute to defensive operations by deploying a defensive position without risking the mech.

Edited by BearFlag, 19 May 2015 - 01:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users