• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:28 AM

I will still be playing my stompy robot game

But Witcher 3 is going be fracking epic

What are you doing Geralt? Killing monsters.

#2 Mosadoff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 103 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:36 AM

Hmm. I wont start playing it untill the situation with bugs\stability\hotfixes is settled.
I do so with every long-therm epic RPGs...

#3 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:11 AM

Thanks for the reminder. I hadn't realized it was out, like, today. I'll head over to Steam and see what the price is. I think, though, that the thing I'm most excited about is that now that Witcher 3 is out (just about) CD Projekt Red can dedicate some time to finish Cyberpunk 2077. I am incredibly excited about the prospects of playing an honest to goodness Cyberpunk game on my computer. Spent a lot of time in my youth playing pen and paper Cyberpunk. Looking forward to it more than just about any game that's ever been announced.

#4 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

Should be fun. I own the 1st episode of the Witcher. Stomp, slice, slice some more. What can you say.

(Not a game for children)

#5 Gianky

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

I finished preloading it last Wednesday, been hyping since then... other 4 hours and I can... go to bed, because it will be released at 1 AM on a working day! :P :(

#6 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:16 PM

God I wish I currently have a machine that can run it. I played through the first two Witcher games and they were a blast. I did preorder this though, since it was dirt cheap on gog.com with loyalty discounts, and CDProjekt is one of the few game developers that deserve support.

#7 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:55 AM

I don't mean to resurrect an older thread, but I've been playing Witcher 3 for, what, a week now, I think. Wow. The game is excellent if you're into RPGs and, of course, the source material. It's as visually stunning as anything I've ever see (if you can run it on max settings). The story is fantastic. Combat is pretty smooth. Crafting is actually interesting (and alchemy) if you're into that. My only frustration in that regard is that I often have sweet schematics for gear that I can craft (or have a blacksmith craft) but it's actually five or ten levels (or more) higher than me, so that's a bit of a bummer. My only real complaint is that leveling can be a bit of a slog. You get peanuts in XP for side quests, but you're compelled to do them because A.) Every little bit helps, and B.) They're usually quite engaging from a storytelling perspective. j

Another bit of frustration is that you'll constantly run into enemies ten or twenty levels above you, against which you'd have no hope of surviving. This, however, was a design choice, I've read (actually my wife read it). They did this because in games like Skyrim, all the enemies level with you, so you never really feel that accomplished as you gain power. I hated running into level 30 wraiths and the like at first, knowing I couldn't defeat that enemy and see what treasure they have. But know I tend to agree with the designers. It's a lot more interesting than running into low level monsters who are as powerful as you, simply because you went up a level.

I highly, highly recommend this game if you're into RPGs. Did I mention that I stumbled upon a dead, beached whale?? Amazing stuff, folks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users