32 replies to this topic

#21 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:57 PM

View PostHavyek, on 18 July 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

With most here, AC20 +3SRM4 is the way to go with it.

CN9-AH

1/2 tons of AC/20 ammo, round down btw, so you loose 20 damage with that.

to the OP, [aka CN9 newbies] run the SRM2-by-3 build with the standard engine untill you get solid skills with defending with your arm(s) and run the XL when you feel confident you can use the extra damage and not die quickly.

Edited by zudukai, 18 July 2015 - 10:57 PM.

#22 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:39 PM

Can't provide much different than the rest of these folks. My thought process for building the CN9-AH is, "What's the one thing this can do that other Cent's can't? AC20 + SRMs." This is my CN9-AH - MDK. I've solo'd freaking Timberwolves, Battlemasters, etc with this thing. Th trick is to keep a low profile, save your armor, and pick your opportunity to wreck someone's day. Torso twist like a mofo, count their shot reloads. Even stutter step using X to quick-stop then accel back up to throw off their ballistic aim. It's a damn fine killer mech, and currently my fav Cent. Although my Wang will always hold a special place.

Now since I ended up receiving two AH's, I built my second like this:CN9-AH - Dakka Baby! Ultra 5's FTW!!!

#23 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:46 PM

You're all idiots. THIS...is the only build:

CN9-AH

You're welcome for all the faces you shall wreck.

#24 William Mountbank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 671 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:09 AM

Personally, I have much more success with the 3xASRM6 3xMG AH than I do with the AC20 3xSRM4 build, plus it can last all but the longest matches without running dry.

#25 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:15 AM

SRM and MG are possibly the single most incompatible weapon combination in existence. SRM favor spot shooting and twisting while MGs require unhealthy amounts of face time to work.

#26 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:41 AM

Try this and keep a bit of Distance but always make sure you can move back into the safety of the Team. Or if you like to play risky - move into the back of the enemy Team and backstab a few of them with Shots in the Back Center Torso :)

#27 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:25 AM

CN9-AH

This looks pretty lame with AC/5 and 3 SRM4 but it's what I use to level mine. The AC5 makes sure I'm not useless at long range and I get a lot of mechs (in low tier) to duck their heads when I shoot them with it. In a brawl, I have right mouse button set to fire everything while the left fires the AC/5. Twist, right click, twist away in a brawl so it's a lot of snap shots while they chew away at the arm. Once the arm goes I turn the other way to let them have the AC arm while repeating the process.

I'm not in top tier but 500+ damage games and a couple of kills aren't uncommon and I don't have the basics filled out yet. This cent feels quite agile though so I think it's a pretty good mech.

#28 Iain Black

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

i`ld say stick with original engine, AC20 + 3 tons (same side Torso), 3 SRM4 + 2.5 tons (or 2 SRM6 with 2.5 tons) on chainfire (ammo in same Torso as SRM, no use for the other when i loose one), endo, double heat sinks. works fine. Play it wisely, stick with assaults - you are seen as less of a threat then an assault or Yen lo Wang by most, capitalize on it.

hit with AC20+ one SRM, the cycle SRMs and feed more AC20. the AC does the holes, the SRM crits.
try hit from behind or side whenever possble. and... stay close to assaults :D

why no XL ? centurions have huge torso and AC+SRM need to get in close for the brawl. i store ammo there, if possible in half ton lots. head Slot also prefered, most head crits are kills. if i loose SRM, i dont need ammo for them. if i loose AC, no need for ammo either. but loosing legs to ammo explosion sucks, when half your mech still works and you are running close quarters...

Link to the build: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9d996a0fe913d46

Edited by Iain Black, 22 September 2015 - 06:25 AM.

#29 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:06 AM

The AH next to the YLW are my most favourite Skirmishers

WTF - what is a Skirmisher?
Well the Skimisher is an almost extinct animal that could have been found in the era of Closed and Open Beta.
He did extinct because he was not a teamplayer and facing superior numbers and firepower it was easy prey.

Well anyhow - a good Skirmisher never attacks twice from the same direction - if you dive for cover - run - don't turn

its is mostly a brawler that should dish out damage in a brief period - and it have to be fast and mobile.

CN9-AH

WTF...SRM2s?
XL?

right: the reasons:
as said you are alone - when you make a mistake and got stucked somehow you usually face 3-4 enemy Mechs.... the difference in survivability between XL and STD is nil.
But more important a better engine reduces the time you are exposed.

The SRM2 - fires fast - chain fire and hold the trigger - you don't have to aim - those SRM2s work more as a chaff rather than deal damage it should throw off the aim of your enemy.

Always have a look on your map:
watch for separate targets attack them - use speed and ferocity
watch for holes in the enemy line - slip through - and attack from the rear

Usually targets attacked from the rear - if you made undetected into their rear - will only turn after the second sometimes the third hit - so don't fire the SRM while your AC 20 reload. If the target start to turn - use SRM 2 on the first while you go for a second target

#30 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:26 AM

While I have a Cemt AH I usually run my Yen Lo for cbill farming. And since they are similar cept for the missle hard points, I say listen to the others. AC 20 for sure and shield with left arm. Get use to circling counter clockwise so left arm is shielding and face forward. Then snap fire quickly at them and turn back forward. Speed and torso twisting are key here. I'm not one to brag in this game much for sure but I do pretty good with Yen Lo. It's my favorite mech. The smart players will leg you but most seem to be not smart ;) Use AC 20 modules too. Another tactic is I stick with the group on the flanks to catch anything trying to flank
My group and scare them off. Then I wait to see how the game is flowing and make my move near middle to end. I use target info to find the hurt torso mechs and strip
Them clean or CT kill. Best to wait out the match and clean up others messes ;)

#31 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:49 AM

Sometimes feels lik an OP, sometimes cant drop 2x XP for days...

#32 Salinor

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:28 AM

My favorite build for it is an xl 250 or so, uac 5, 3 srm 6s, and configure the armor/ammo/ams? however you want. It's worked great for me since my aim is to bad for an ac20 to work well. Plus it gives me something to use at long range.

#33 Rattler85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:14 PM

Like all Centurions shoot twist right, twist back and shoot and repeat. All of the Centurions are good mechs.

For the AH, I run this build:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b88c6ee1df98b4d

I know it fails the XL check.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users