28 replies to this topic

#21 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

Oh noes, a Dire Wolf with *gasp* burst-fire Autocannons! Whatever will I do? STAND IN FRONT OF IT AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN.

In all seriousness, though, just tone down the graphics settings if you are that afraid of the smoke particles. And as for being eaten alive by the things? Do not sit there and stare at it. That just makes it lethal.
And if you are not fast enough to escape? Just remember that a tactical error must have been made if you got singled out by such a machine.
And fire blindly into the wind and hope you hit something. :)

#22 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostKnightshadowsong, on 19 May 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

No. I'm not saying that the UAC's need a nerf. I'm saying that the build needs a nerf. Every time I see one of those. they rip off 95% of my armor and almost never jam. and the smoke from the hits lags my system so that I cant shoot back. PLEASE PGI. Add a +5 chance to UAC Jam chance or something. Just Nerf that build. it's annoying and causes a problem for people with under 1200$ builds.

simple solution - give Clans ACs with single shots instead of bursts ...

seriously if you have a problem with Dakka-Wolfs you should ask for a nerf for King Crabs, JM, Dragons, etc. too

#23 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:22 AM

The reason i'm calling for a Nerf on the Daka-whale is because unlike a JM, dragon or any of the other mech's like that. it has an butt ton of armor, and with 4 UAC2's and 2 UAC-10's the bloody thing is just stupid. even if 1 or two of the guns jam it still has an insane amount of firepower coming at you and when your trying to avoid getting hit from a whole team hiding behind it because of the armor it has, it's almost as bad as the LRM rain. (which also is annoying) if anything just add a slightly higher jam chance. problem solved.

#24 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

Clearly has not played a Dakka Whale

I have too much time in one, and while they are awesome under the right circumstances, at least from a pug perspective, it has a lot of downside.

There are far more dangerous Whale-Builds than the Dakka Dakka Builds.

#25 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostKnightshadowsong, on 26 May 2015 - 04:22 AM, said:

The reason i'm calling for a Nerf on the Daka-whale is because unlike a JM, dragon or any of the other mech's like that. it has an butt ton of armor, and with 4 UAC2's and 2 UAC-10's the bloody thing is just stupid. even if 1 or two of the guns jam it still has an insane amount of firepower coming at you and when your trying to avoid getting hit from a whole team hiding behind it because of the armor it has, it's almost as bad as the LRM rain. (which also is annoying) if anything just add a slightly higher jam chance. problem solved.

[sarcasm on]sure - a King Crab with 4 AC5 or a Dragon 1N with 2 AC5 is are harmless compared to the DWF ... [sarcasm off]

seriously - from all those UAC-Hits - many don't register - thats one of the reasons why Clan-UACs are so bad and only effective when boated. IS-ACs are much more dangerous. Also - as many people have mentioned before - the DWF is the slowest mech in game (ok, except the urban crap) - and you can't chance the engine. Its turnrate is so slow that even mediums can get out of its firing arc quickly.

Yes - it can do a ton of damage - but only if you let it - learn to deal with it instead of crying for nerfs.

Edited by MilesTeg1982, 26 May 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#26 Draykin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

Why would you want to nerf the Assault with the hardest time getting into a good situation to deal damage? Was it your first time encountering the build or something? Dire Wolves are always dangerous if you let them be (stand in front of them). I have a Dakka-Wolf, and the best thing it does is suppression fire, not really damage. Mostly because most of my shots are going to spread all over the place, or not even get picked up by the hit reg.

Yes, the 'Mech has a ton of weapons. Yes, it has a ton of armor. It's a 100 ton 'Mech with a locked engine. It gets 55 tons to work with, and all it can work with is weaponry. Understand that, and that it has the same weakness as an Atlas; a weak back. More often than not I see Dire Wolves be the first to die because nobody protects them from flanking Lights.

#27 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I always seem to have trouble dogging those Daka-Whales. and it just annoys be because of the lag (Even with partials set to low) that getting hit with over 60 shots in less then 15 seconds. (yes I excaudate for effect there) Honestly, a simple way to fix it would just be to limit how many UAC's the thing can carry. as much as people moan about it.
all the same I had some success hammering one with a boat load of SRM's in my Panther. one thing is sure, despite there engine size, it's a very slow moving mech.

Okay, New idea. Nerf the Build, Buff the Mech.

#28 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostKnightshadowsong, on 26 May 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

Maybe it's just me, but I always seem to have trouble dogging those Daka-Whales.

The DWF is the slowest mech in game - it does not have ECM and its pretty big (ok, not as tall as an Atlas but it still has a high visibility). If a DWFs surprises you - that's because you let it do that. Little tip: use a seismic module and stop from time to time to check if something moves near you (just don't do that when you are somewhere in an open field) - also when you move - try to use the terain for cover - whenever you can avoid it: don't move over an open field.

and it just annoys be because of the lag (Even with partials set to low) that getting hit with over 60 shots in less then 15 seconds. (yes I excaudate for effect there) Honestly, a simple way to fix it would just be to limit how many UAC's the thing can carry. as much as people moan about it.

wonder why people would moan if you severly reduce the firepower of a mech which is designed for pure firepower and nothing(!) else ... actually there would be a better solution - single shot UACs for Clans just like the IS versions - you would have much less projectiles and therefore would not have any problem with your fps - of course, you would die much faster ...

all the same I had some success hammering one with a boat load of SRM's in my Panther. one thing is sure, despite there engine size, it's a very slow moving mech.

there you go ... see its not an unstopable killing machine. Although I have to add - imho its fair to use a DWF because of all its downsides while I consider using Panthers close to cheating due to their hitboxes (in my experience they are really broken, Panthers can take much more than they are supposed to)

Okay, New idea. Nerf the Build, Buff the Mech.

Interesting - care to explain how that should work? I'm really curious

#29 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:47 AM

Why would you stand in front of a 100 ton clan mech in the first place?

Not to mention the Direwolf turns around at half the speed of an Atlas. If you are anywhere 90 degrees or more from its front you win with no contest, why would you need to nerf that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users