Dead People Talking

147 replies to this topic

#101 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:48 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 23 May 2015 - 06:19 AM, said:

Okies one guy reported for telling the enemy where I was at but that led me to this idea.

Why not mute the dead from talking in the all channel and restrict them to the team only channel until such time as the match is over. This will eliminate Benedict Arnolds in the ranks. I am just getting so tired of trying to pull a match off only to have someone report my position and NOTHING BEING DONE ABOUT IT as I keep seein the same people over and over doing it and reported multiple times

This is really becoming an epidemic. People think that because your the last mech agasint 4 you will auto lose when that is far from the truth depending on the last mechs status vs theirs.

Thoughts?

Known troll is known troll.

Just because you get mad when you get reported for running all the way across the map to "regroup and attack the enemy from 8 grid squares away" does not mean you need to come make a thread every time it happens.

You do this every 2-3 months with a new story about how you were dragging out a match and somebody told the other team.

How about you just play the game and attack instead of trying to drag things out...I have seen you play before...it is not like you are actually going to kill the last 4-5 guys or whatever. Last time you were on my side in a match, if I recall correctly, you tried to pull the same BS and I told you I would report your position if you did not quit dragging the match out intentionally...

(I normally only tell people that if they have failed to engage in combat for more than 90-120 seconds, if your planning takes more time than that, you are wasting everyone's time...)

#102 ThirtyOughtSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 318 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:21 AM

I have no problem with people giving out positions under these scenarios:

AFK
DC
Disengaging completely
Clearly trying to save their K/D at the expense of others

Regardless of what other people think, time is a commodity that is running shorter on all of us. I get very little time to play. My time is important to me as yours should be to you. There are instances where a player is clearly and deliberately wasting time. I have no respect for people like that.

Given this I think giving out positions is O.K. Under certain scenarios.

#103 Chaotee

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

No offense, but the OP and most of the responders miss the obvious thing here, even though we all seem to agree on the basics.

It IS okay to call out someone who is trying to hide after contributing nothing, or is left with a stick of a mech and just wants to protect their k/d ratio (at the expense of 6 minutes of everyone else's lives). But as noted a good light pilot playing hit & run versus a bunch of shot up heavies should not get his position revealed.

Now, most of you can tell the difference between these two situations, but your buddy's 12 year old cousin who plays? He might just know that last match a player was revealed and everyone seemed okay with it, so now he assumes that's the thing to do (especially if he's a little ADD & wants his mech back).

For all of PGI's questionable moves, you can't ask them to fix the players. The thread is a "lowest common denominator" argument. Some players are not clever enough to know when the last guy still has a fighting chance (or are just plain selfish) so let's restrict chat for everyone since a handful can't handle it properly. That said, maybe dead only talking to own team could be an idea that works.

#104 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:40 AM

>It IS okay to call out someone who is trying to hide after contributing nothing

no it is not and it's against the rules

#105 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostXetelian, on 24 May 2015 - 02:05 AM, said:

I report everyone who hides for non participation.

If they did even 1 point of damage then they participated. Read the rules.

#106 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 24 May 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

>It IS okay to call out someone who is trying to hide after contributing nothing

no it is not and it's against the rules

It is also against the rules to not participate at the expense of the team, and is a ban worthy offense as well. Did you not know that?

#107 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:18 AM

View PostGyrok, on 24 May 2015 - 06:48 AM, said:

Known troll is known troll.

Just because you get mad when you get reported for running all the way across the map to "regroup and attack the enemy from 8 grid squares away" does not mean you need to come make a thread every time it happens.

You do this every 2-3 months with a new story about how you were dragging out a match and somebody told the other team.

How about you just play the game and attack instead of trying to drag things out...I have seen you play before...it is not like you are actually going to kill the last 4-5 guys or whatever. Last time you were on my side in a match, if I recall correctly, you tried to pull the same BS and I told you I would report your position if you did not quit dragging the match out intentionally...

(I normally only tell people that if they have failed to engage in combat for more than 90-120 seconds, if your planning takes more time than that, you are wasting everyone's time...)

I was wondering when you would slither in here. You have no credibility bro, that was lost when you were busted with lying about your own "evidence" in the Streak Crow thread. We all see through you.

I am sorry that you play a "heavier" chassis, as a light pilot I do not engage on the front linesI shoot Scoot and reposition to get another run hopefully drawing off a few mechs to chase me. There is a reason (usually) lights are the last one's left. We do not charge head first into the damn enemy.

Reporting a players position when they are attempting to fight their way is ridiculous, I do not care which light you are, once your the last one and you truly want to try to win it, you need separation of the enemy. Can a single light take out 4 to 5 mechs and pull off a victory yes. Now does it happen often, not really, but it does happen. My record is 7 or 8 in my kit fox.

So go spew your inconsistencies somewhere else.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 24 May 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#108 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:18 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 23 May 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

snip

It's jackwagon-posts like you've been making in this thread that make me wish I had highlighted that time you team killed me by firing Streaks at a dead opponent.

#109 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostEscef, on 24 May 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

It's jackwagon-posts like you've been making in this thread that make me wish I had highlighted that time you team killed me by firing Streaks at a dead opponent.

hm, i recall one such case but i killed that hellbringer with alpha and therefore couldn't shoot the 'dead opponent' again because 'residual lock' doesn't last long enough for streaks to go from cd, you moved to my line of fire despite seeing that i shot 3-4 alphas, you thought that hellbringer was dead when it wasn't... it was 100% your fault, i have ping ~280 and didn't have time to stop

anyway all my teamkills were with streaks and all were accidental. well it's hard to have them non accidental, you know. once i was mad at one teammate and spent half of the match trying to get a line lock to scratch them a bit with streaks :3 was pretty fun, managed eventually to do it (it was safe, that person piloted a lurmcat and we were winning hard). i hate when i team kill somebody... i still remember how i once accidentally shot our raven and he dropped so helplessly as they usually do being struck from behind by a teammate whom he trusted -_-
well, unless it's some annoying one like you who died by their own fault, those deserve what they get

#110 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

View PostMerryIguana, on 24 May 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

If they did even 1 point of damage then they participated. Read the rules.

Clarification from support actually indicates that more than 1 point of damage is required actually...what I was told specifically was that they review each case on a case by case basis, and griefing can be as simple as powering down to hide with inactivity for an extended period.

View PostDarian DelFord, on 24 May 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

I was wondering when you would slither in here. You have no credibility bro, that was lost when you were busted with lying about your own "evidence" in the Streak Crow thread. We all see through you. I am sorry that you play a "heavier" chassis, as a light pilot I do not engage on the front linesI shoot Scoot and reposition to get another run hopefully drawing off a few mechs to chase me. There is a reason (usually) lights are the last one's left. We do not charge head first into the damn enemy. Reporting a players position when they are attempting to fight their way is ridiculous, I do not care which light you are, once your the last one and you truly want to try to win it, you need separation of the enemy. Can a single light take out 4 to 5 mechs and pull off a victory yes. Now does it happen often, not really, but it does happen. My record is 7 or 8 in my kit fox. So go spew your inconsistencies somewhere else.

I play lights too...

As for you...if you killed 7 or 8 in a kitfox...they must have been DC'ed or completely brain dead...you are worthless as a pilot...and I have never seen you pull more than 200 damage. I am not saying you have not done it before...but you must have been put into a match with 23 noobs...when you end up as balancing fodder to be carried by high elo players...you suck and put up scheiss numbers.

Just saying...you should not overinflate your own ego, and you should certainly not value your own worth to a team much above a brand new player...because you are not much better than them.

#111 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:26 AM

Hey kitty, i hope you, as a new player, know you are talking to vets who had a lot of time in MWO to make up their mind about this game and the various situations that make a mach.

Most of this players have families with children and a job with 8-10 hours a day, if not more. Every minute counts. Of you habe 30 minutes with good players, you can make 3 matches (around 300-500k c-bills) Bit if you have a guy trying to save his k/d for fcks sake, you have problems to play two matches in 30 minutes. (100-300k c-bills)

Most of this players can see the right situation to call a member and do it not only for themselves.

Let me give you an advice, one from the heart. Give yourself some time, lets say a year and come back to the forum to let us know what you are thinking about.

Peace

P.S.: I also report everyone, who shoots in my back with a full alpha ;)

#112 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostJae Hyun Nakamura, on 24 May 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

P.S.: I also report everyone, who shoots in my back with a full alpha ;)

At start up this really really irks me. I am still a firm believer that weapons should be deactivated for the first 15 seconds of the match to allow folks to get out of the way before some idiot test fire's their weapons.

View PostGyrok, on 24 May 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

Clarification from support actually indicates that more than 1 point of damage is required actually...what I was told specifically was that they review each case on a case by case basis, and griefing can be as simple as powering down to hide with inactivity for an extended period.

I play lights too...

As for you...if you killed 7 or 8 in a kitfox...they must have been DC'ed or completely brain dead...you are worthless as a pilot...and I have never seen you pull more than 200 damage. I am not saying you have not done it before...but you must have been put into a match with 23 noobs...when you end up as balancing fodder to be carried by high elo players...you suck and put up scheiss numbers.

Just saying...you should not overinflate your own ego, and you should certainly not value your own worth to a team much above a brand new player...because you are not much better than them.

will have to dig up the SS just for you ;p Do you even realize how idiotic you sound? Brain Dead?, 23 Noobs? DC. Seriously is that all you can bring to an argument. Oh thats right any facts you bring are suspect since many of us know you like to "inflate" Numbers. My average damage is 500ish depending on the Jenner and weapons load out I play. I could load this thread with hundreds of SS's of 500+ damage, I could also post a few sub 100 damage games, hey it happens even to the best of us.

Next time you wish to start something, bring more to the table than "Noob's"

Edit:: Took some time but here you go bro, found it Now do you really think they were all noobs? If you look at the damage numbers of my fellow team mates you will see who did the brunt of the work. One of these days your going to learn not to open your mouth when you can not back it.

Posted Image

Edited by Darian DelFord, 24 May 2015 - 11:33 AM.

#113 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostEscef, on 24 May 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

It's official, Kitty is more dangerous to friendlies than to the enemy.

#114 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 24 May 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

-*snip* lots of butthurt-

When were you going to post something that mattered? As for the rest being noobs...dropping with davion is literally dropping with noobs.

The best players Davion ever had are now MS mercs (read: not Davion) and the remnants of GK former 007 which are scattered all over the place.

Besides, even a broken watch is right twice a day...so the sun shone on you once...whooptie freaking doo...

#115 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

It will be fixed after UI 2.0

Reppu (MechWarrior® Online™)
Nov 25 08:48 (PST)
Hello MechWarrior Buddah,
It's against the spirit of the game. We generally don't worry about it unless someone becomes really obnoxious about it. In theory, the chat system should be setup in such a way that dead players can't talk with live players, until the chat is fixed (post UI 2.0) ghosting is a minor frustration we'll have to deal with unfortunately. This particular rule may be enforced more strictly during tournaments and such (ie: ghosting could lead to disqualification).

Reppu
Senior GameMaster
MechWarrior® Online™

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 24 May 2015 - 12:20 PM.

#116 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 24 May 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

hm, i recall one such case but i killed that hellbringer with alpha and therefore couldn't shoot the 'dead opponent' again because 'residual lock' doesn't last long enough for streaks to go from cd, you moved to my line of fire despite seeing that i shot 3-4 alphas, you thought that hellbringer was dead when it wasn't... it was 100% your fault, i have ping ~280 and didn't have time to stop

That's why I say I should have highlighted it (Twitch auto-deleted it, it was over 2 weeks ago). The enemy was dead, I waited a second or so, and I dashed through figuring no one would still be shooting due to residual lock. Next thing I know, my Sarah's Jenner explodes as you proceed to pump a crapton of streaks at a dead enemy. Pretty sure I had a better view of what "really" happened, due to my ping being 42-46.

It wasn't anyone's fault, but you got REALLY pissy about it. The fact that you insist on blaming me, still, shows your character quite well.

Edited by Escef, 24 May 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#117 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostGyrok, on 24 May 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

Yes, mech suicide and long power downs are reportable. Hiding (which i was responding to) is legit as long as you have engaged the enemy.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4188380

#118 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostJae Hyun Nakamura, on 24 May 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Hey kitty, i hope you, as a new player, know you are talking to vets who had a lot of time in MWO to make up their mind about this game and the various situations that make a mach.

Most of this players have families with children and a job with 8-10 hours a day, if not more. Every minute counts.

pretty sure these vets managed to buy more than 1 mech to quit & switch if they are dead and the game lasts too long

because me as a new player managed to do it

if you value every minute, why do you even wait when you are dead?

View PostEscef, on 24 May 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

That's why I say I should have highlighted it (Twitch auto-deleted it, it was over 2 weeks ago). The enemy was dead, I waited a second or so, and I dashed through figuring no one would still be shooting due to residual lock. Next thing I know, my Sarah's Jenner explodes as you proceed to pump a crapton of streaks at a dead enemy. Pretty sure I had a better view of what "really" happened, due to my ping being 42-46.

It wasn't anyone's fault, but you got REALLY pissy about it. The fact that you insist on blaming me, still, shows your character quite well.

i hope you realize it was impossible for me to kill that helly and then to shoot you? simply physically impossible, lock doesn't last that long

you cannot even claim that i was chain firing (which iirc i wasn't) because you said you 'waited a second or so' which is way longer than the space between two chained salvos, also if you moved to the line of fire when i was actively shooting... guess whose fault it is

that mech might be shutdown from overheat, i can target such mechs while for you they might look as dead, or it might be some kind of host state rewind

btw i apologized despite it wasn't my fault

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 24 May 2015 - 03:07 PM.

#119 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

I agree with OP

So many sour grapes (usually from some dummy that suicide charged, and died first) that ruin the attempt to focus on winning when you're outnumbered. WHICH CAN+HAS happened.

While you're trying to squeeze out the *W* some **** is just smack talking about your performance/strategy/pilot name/etc it gets old.

I think it should go in ranks of how long you lived.

If you died first-- you're words should automatically be translated into baby talk "goo goo, ga-ga, waaah."

If you die second or third it should be "teehee, doo-doo, teehee, pee-pee, teehee"

Then the middle should be muted, and only the last 3 survivors should be allowed to talk. This would cut down on the team-trolling.

#120 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:06 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 24 May 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

i hope you realize it was impossible for me to kill that helly and then to shoot you? simply physically impossible, lock doesn't last that long

That's where your ping comes in, genius. That's why I didn't say it was your fault. Why I NEVER said it was your fault. Your client hadn't updated yet, and it let you fire those missiles.

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 24 May 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

btw i apologized despite it wasn't my fault

No, you didn't. You decided to be a pissy little asswagon. Which you did again just a little while ago when you AGAIN tried to blame me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users