Dead People Talking

147 replies to this topic

#21 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

Bogus concept... why you ask? Because the people using TS or Vent aren't restricted so no point doing it to infamy voip.

Too many restrictions are just as bad as none. This is fine as is.

Edited by Creovex, 23 May 2015 - 10:49 AM.

#22 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostCreovex, on 23 May 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

Bogus concept... why you ask? Because the people using TS or Vent aren't restricted so no point doing it to infamy voip.

Too many restrictions are just as bad as none. This is fine as is.

Yeah but usually on TS and Vent they can not communicate with the enemy team so your point is moot unfortunately.

#23 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:12 AM

Don't do stupid things and the people on your team wont tell the enemy where you're shut down at.

#24 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

What about the dead can vote to end the match after a couple of minutes. I get so tired of people running for 10 minutes while taking no shots or 2 or 3 shots over that time. And when they have to kill 10 mechs to win.

#25 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 23 May 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

What about the dead can vote to end the match after a couple of minutes. I get so tired of people running for 10 minutes while taking no shots or 2 or 3 shots over that time. And when they have to kill 10 mechs to win.

Absolutely disagree.

Why should some losers who died first - usually two minutes into the game - and with negligible DMG have be given the right to vote to end the match when I am still alive, kicking and I will end the game with a few kills and some DMG?

#26 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

In most cases when I see, that this happens - it's due to some sneaky guy, being caring about his survival so much, that he was hiding somewhere during entire match, not contributing into our success even a little bit, which was an indirect cause of us being roflstomped by enemy team, because support of even one more 'Mech sometimes can be significant. In fact, he already was non-participating in core game mechanics, i.e. violating the rules of the game, right from the beginning of the match. And now you can see the situation: we were roflstomped partially due to his non-participation and at the end he is also trying to waste our time via hiding somewhere, trying to preserve his precious K/D and/or drag some more rewards for himself? I.e. riding on our backs? Lol. Of course we will report him. And that's why this situation is quite unfair. It's very hard for us to prove, that we have lost due to his non-participation, i.e. violation of game rules, but it's very easy for him to prove, that we violated game rules via reporting him. So, I think, that it's fair trade off: he has a right to non-participate - we have a right to report him. As simple as that.

#27 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

I think dead players should be able to talk. It's a bit silly that they can't. And if your reasoning for not wanting players to talk is because your own team is telling the enemy where you are... well... I hate hate hate players who intentionally drag out a game. You lost. Your team is dead, you're solo. You're getting the loss on your record. Making everyone else wait 6 more minutes to get out of the game is just you being a jerk. And intentionally avoiding combat is a ToS violation, btw.

#28 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

position reporting is wrong
ranting is normal

#29 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:32 PM

I have a better idea. If you are the last man standing on your team and if you do not hit an enemy within one minute then you self destruct.

That way one tool cannot hold twenty-three people hostage.

#30 Alek Ituin

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

I like using all chat for info-warfare after I die.

As I said before, instead of reporting the *actual* position of a friendly, I'll give the enemy team coords that lead somewhere as far away as possible. That way your remaining team mate can catch their breath, get their s**t straight, and actually stand a fighting chance by regaining control of the situation. You have a surprising amount of power when you can control the terms of an engagement. Having and exploiting that control can bridge any gap in firepower or numbers.

Sometimes fighting doesn't require you to shoot, just to think.

#31 Ursh

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:52 PM

If you're the last guy that often, it means you're not playing aggressively enough. You're a scavenger light, not a striker light. Go shoot people or gtfo.

In most games people won't report you if you're actively looking for combat. When it's 11-4 though, and you've got pristine armor, people have remarkably little patience for your shoot and scoot tactics. It's rare to get your location reported if you're not being a tool.

Everyone should get to talk. Lots of timid opportunists live deep into the match, but they've got nothing to say because they can't create their own shots. They need someone to draw fire so they can unload unmolested. When they're the focus, they run, not comprehending how they were the problem for their team, rather than the team being a problem for them. Then the end of match screen comes up and 8 guys who died first did more damage than they did.

#32 Fragnot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUS Eastern

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:23 PM

Dead people talking hasn't created too many problems that I've seen, but if they had a button in the options menu that said 'mute dead players' I'd probably click it just for the sake of immersion.

#33 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 23 May 2015 - 06:19 AM, said:

Okies one guy reported for telling the enemy where I was at but that led me to this idea.

Why not mute the dead from talking in the all channel and restrict them to the team only channel until such time as the match is over. This will eliminate Benedict Arnolds in the ranks. I am just getting so tired of trying to pull a match off only to have someone report my position and NOTHING BEING DONE ABOUT IT as I keep seein the same people over and over doing it and reported multiple times

This is really becoming an epidemic. People think that because your the last mech agasint 4 you will auto lose when that is far from the truth depending on the last mechs status vs theirs.

Thoughts?

It is rather unfortunate. Instead of playing armchair QB they could just roll in another mech and get more c-bills. Each to their own I guess.

#34 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostChagatay, on 23 May 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

It is rather unfortunate. Instead of playing armchair QB they could just roll in another mech and get more c-bills. Each to their own I guess.

Yeah I never understood that, if you do not want to wait then exit and start another match. I have 5 mechs read to go and when I do nto want to watch a match anymore I will leave. I guess folks only want to play their "favorite" mech. I dunno

#35 Dukat281

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:13 PM

I have only 2 mechs ready to go. Usually I ride my mechs in a certain order. At the beginning of each session I play laser vomit mechs, later I switch to LRM boats. I play each mech only until I harvested the double XP. Often I play all mechs of one chassis type before I move on to the next chassis type. Thus, sometimes, I prefer to wait for the end of battle.

I'd say that there is an afk/disconnect/troll player in 90% of all battles. That means not moving at all since the beginning of the battle ot shut down in a hidden corner. I actually appreciate if these are getting reported to the enemy to end the battle without endless wait. And my impression is that this is widely appreciated by regular players. And I'd never complain about this or could imagine to be actually complained about.

Having dead players muted from the living audience is indeed considered a standard procedure since 2005, at least. But in case of MWO, the annoyance of afk/dc/troll players justifies the lack of this feature.

#36 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:58 PM

Think I tried asking this in one of those Q&A's once... "Why can we talk (general chat) to the opposing team? Especially dead players (Team 1) to the enemy living players (Team 2). What purpose does it serve in either situation?" ... Never got an answer.

#37 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:01 PM

View Postmartian, on 23 May 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

Direct quote from MWO Rules of Conduit:

Team Treason
Treasonous provision of information to enemy combatants, also known as "bird-doging" is forbidden. This involves a player using the in-game chat to provide the enemy team with the locations of their own team mates. While we appreciate that some players may wish to have a round end early by calling out the location of an AFK team-mate, the risk that this could be used against an active participant of the match to deny them the use of cover and movement makes this a form of a griefing. You may declare a teammate AFK but not their coordinates or position.

this
anybody who discloses their teammates' position for absolutely any reason should be reported

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 23 May 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#38 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:35 PM

Actually there are far more ******* breaking the rules by reporting an active player that is trying to damage and kill mechs, than there are people that deliberately shut down to avoid death.

plenty of useless scrubs that having failed want to play god and ruin others enjoyment

#39 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,975 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

What is getting epidemic is that one guy with ECM that did not help the team
And has been hiding the whole match
He watches his whole team get killed and we are forced to watch him either hide or run for five flipping minutes!

Probably 98% use won’t say anything to this low life, I can probably count on one hand the number of times a Mech took down 4 at the end of a match.

Don’t worry I won’t say anything to give you away but I am thinking you bad bad thoughts

Now when a person dies a lot of times he sees something that will help the team
Like "hey there is a UAV up"
Or "I got killed be a gauss sniper watch it"
A vast vast majority of players will try to help after they are dead

My recommendation is join the team fight when they fight
Try to save that gun (your team mate) toward the end
I like to say if you don’t fight now you will be fighting alone

And remember some of us are trying to level up a Mech
So don’t run and hide (unless you’re trying to get that achievement)

#40 Haike

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:57 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 23 May 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

Ummm no

Some of the responses in this thread are interesting.

1. Reporting a player's location is a violation of the ToS

2. It happens on a frequent basis mainly because the lone guys is trying to make a come back rarely does he but at times it does happen

3. People do not seem to understand when the last mech is a light he needs the enemy to spread out a bit so he can play his game.

4. I am not talking about folks who run hide and shut down with no intentions of fighting

5. About the AFK and DC rule. Simple if at the end of the match your last mech on the team is a DC them game ends right then and there. In regards to an AFK'er yeah I got nohting.

The point is this is a problem in the game system that needs to be addressed. And when reported and verified PGI needs to come down HARD on them.

Umm no.

Like i said in my post the only time i see reporting going on is when the last guy is a d ick. Or afk. From what your saying you seem to be reported a lot. Guess what, your the first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users