#1121 Super Trooper

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

View PostKwea, on 10 December 2016 - 11:08 PM, said:

Antonius Rex stopped playing, then decided since he didn't want to play he would take his ball and go home, kicking all active players out of MS... Taking almost 600 million of team funds with him, and another 56 mill in MS-R funds.

True Story, not a rumor.

How about misinformation. When a unit is dissolved the coffers cease to exist. They don't go with the unit leader.
https://mwomercs.com...nd/page__st__40

#1122 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:49 PM

perhaps you should take another look Super Trooper

Posted Image

Thats right, that says Unit Size = 1.

Now guess who that 1 is?

#1123 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

I heard a rumor that Mercstar was secretly paid by PGI to report on the state of FW, offer suggestions on it and other gameplay balance but are actively trolling them with bad info. Posted Image

#1124 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:02 PM

View PostQueenBlade, on 12 December 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

Now guess who that 1 is?

Can't believe I'm about to say this but

Maybe PGI should do something about this like refunding C-bills to those that donated.

#1125 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:42 PM

View PostQueenBlade, on 12 December 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

perhaps you should take another look Super Trooper

Posted Image

Now guess who that 1 is?

Pretty good stats for a 1 man unit. I wonder what the grind was like to get that many kills? Did he farm that out to contract Chinese work?

#1126 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:47 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 10 December 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

Lies, rumors, and propaganda hearsay! This is a "rumors only thread!"

No, seriously, MercStar did go through some significant restructuring. It is now under new leadership, but far from dead. To help determine who was still around, all players were removed from MercStar, and some leadership retired.

Remaining leadership and players are now being reconsolidated into a new unit which is now "MercStar-Splinter Cell" [MSSC].

The Teamspeak address remains the same: ts.mercstar.net:8344

We will likely go back to the original website rather than the Enjin system.

Xavier is now the commander of MercStar-Splinter Cell.

All membership still interested in remaining part of the unit are encouraged to log into the Teamspeak and contact Xavier.

Or, if you can't do that, contact me, PM me, and I'll pass your name to Xavier to make sure we get you back in. My Steam address is in my signature.

We are not taking contracts in Faction Warfare YET until we see how Phase 4.1 will affect us.

Removing inactive players also helps us save on recruiting costs.

We are very much alive, and we will continue to remain active in Community Warfare. As more and more people come back or show interest in MercStar, the unit will continue to expand its reach, much as it did before. We have invested too much to simply disappear.

Don't worry, people. We're still here. All units go through major changes over time, and MercStar is no different.

We booted over 100 NS members from the FP list about a month ago. Many if not most are still part of NS, they just play any game BUT MWO right now. Adding new members was a bit pricy at 6.5 million or so per ... so purging the unit roster was simpler to do not we are down to a cool 3.xxx million per member.

View PostFallingAce, on 12 December 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

Can't believe I'm about to say this but

Maybe PGI should do something about this like refunding C-bills to those that donated.

MOst of the cbills were donated by ******* whom purchased -MS- services for a crap ton of Trump sized cbills. Feel not any pity for them.

#1127 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:01 PM

Wall steet and the government have nothing on MS finances.

Edited by The Nerf Bat, 12 December 2016 - 06:04 PM.

#1128 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:45 AM

View PostThe Nerf Bat, on 12 December 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

Wall steet and the government have nothing on MS finances.

I heard that the Clinton Foundation "pay to play" scandal was actually Hillary and Bill donating to get their friends into MS.

#1129 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

Rumor has it as long as this thread remains online, MercStar will never truly die!

Another thing: I heard Russ Bullock was dancing in his office celebrating the "death of MercStar." Then when he got a call from people screaming about how MercStar was orchestrating the LRMpocalypse in quickplay, he had a heart attack since he realized not a damn thing has changed!

Now for what's going on. Posted Image

MercStar has now been retagged "(MS)" and is operating off of both Teamspeak and Discord until such time as we migrate in full from Teamspeak to Discord. Much like Crockdaddy mentioned about NightScorn playing other games, MercStar does the same thing, and our Discord allows us to easily facilitate communication for a variety of games.

We're still playing. We're still dropping. In fact, we just signed up with Smoke Jaguar. Although some of the individual units have splintered off until their leadership determines their course of action.

We'll be online tonight to account for the latest addition in Faction Warfare.

Hope to see you all there!

Edited by Commander A9, 13 December 2016 - 03:16 PM.

#1130 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

View PostSuper Trooper, on 12 December 2016 - 02:24 PM, said:

How about misinformation. When a unit is dissolved the coffers cease to exist. They don't go with the unit leader.
https://mwomercs.com...nd/page__st__40

How about ignorant of actual facts.

MS isn't dissolved in MWO, there is a placeholder holding it open, keeping those funds, and MS-R funds, in play. Members were just kicked out, the money still exists.

Next time check your facts before calling me out. I don't lie, and I check my facts before posting them on a message board.

Edited by Kwea, 13 December 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#1131 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:44 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 12 December 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

We booted over 100 NS members from the FP list about a month ago. Many if not most are still part of NS, they just play any game BUT MWO right now. Adding new members was a bit pricy at 6.5 million or so per ... so purging the unit roster was simpler to do not we are down to a cool 3.xxx million per member.

MOst of the cbills were donated by ******* whom purchased -MS- services for a crap ton of Trump sized cbills. Feel not any pity for them.

We spent those. It was over 19 mill a player to invite people before we did an inactive roster purge about 5-6 months ago.
There was 565 million left, plus another 56 million in MS-R, mostly donated by members who voluntarily tithed 3-5% of our earnings. Most of mine went into MS-R as I was the Liaison in charge of it.

No one was ever forced to donate, it was recommended that new pilots work on drop decks first, then when they could toss a few mill a week or month, depending on activity levels, into the coffers as they could. C-Bills were never in short supply dropping with MS. Posted Image

I am not crucifying Tony here, just stating facts. As I said, he could have kept all the MC, and we had thousands of MC, but he didn't. He did keep the MS tag, despite over 50 players still playing on a regular basis, and he shut down MS and MS-R while keeping the units nominally active within the game, ensuring he still has access to it should unit funds ever be really useful.

Edited by Kwea, 13 December 2016 - 03:55 PM.

#1132 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

Well-clarified.

We are still here.

And we are ready for war!

#1133 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:38 PM

(MS) had 2 12 mans and more solos dropping tonight, and in 4 hours never lost.

#1134 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

Kwea lies.

Rumor has it, MS was completely decimated, to the point that the warriors felt so humiliated, they've decided to abandon further plans to invade the Inner Sphere.

This IS a "rumors" thread after all!

No, seriously, we dropped all night tonight with multiple teams, and even at THIS hour, we're still going!

And we have a new recruiting thread up! Come join us and witness the return of the Mercenary Star Gaming Alliance!

Edited by Commander A9, 14 December 2016 - 12:46 AM.

#1135 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:34 AM

I heard that all commander has 17 pet cats......just saying!

Edited by Xavier, 14 December 2016 - 07:35 AM.

#1136 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:02 AM

and by cats we mean recruits.

#1137 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:26 PM

Recruits I have trained to not only expertly drop as a 12-man while also playing quickplay to spread the love and cheer (and tears and fear) throughout both Faction Warfare and Quickplay (and make pugs cry twice), but also to catch pesky rodents!

These frisky felines will become the standard for what is expected of a new MercStar recruit! By the time I'm done, they'll be able to outscore Xavier and Kwea combined!

Edited by Commander A9, 14 December 2016 - 12:27 PM.

#1138 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:00 PM

I heard mercstar started to clone its pilots......only to realize that the republic had already contracted out the clients and that it would be a three wait for a new round of clones.

#1139 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:27 AM

View PostXavier, on 14 December 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

I heard mercstar started to clone its pilots......only to realize that the republic had already contracted out the clients and that it would be a three wait for a new round of clones.

Pfft, can you imagine 12 of ME running around? You have enough headaches dealing with one of me! <3

#1140 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

Commander A1, A2, A3....

No 9, not 8, is enough :P

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users