CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 08 June 2016 - 04:25 AM, said:

-MS- is killing MWO in hopes of buying the rights to the IP cheap and engaging Chris Roberts to add MWO as a minor feature for planetary combat in Star Citizen.

I will give a stale grilled cheese sandwich (in addition to the money I have already forked over to PGI over the years playing this game) for the rights to the IP, it is more than the IP is worth, but I'm a nice guy like that.

Edited by Armando, 08 June 2016 - 01:35 PM.

#922 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:36 PM

View PostCold Darkness, on 07 June 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

that rumor is outrageous! ms isnt the largest unit at all!

Don't let things like FACTS spoil a good rumors thread. :-)

#923 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:49 PM

Rumour has it Mercstar have hired a creative consultant to deal with their perceived image problem.

His recommendation was to upload the entirety of the battletech cartoon to youtube, with all dialogue replaced by chatter from their teamspeak.

Further rumour has it this has caused intense feuding within the unit as to who gets to play the part of Star Colonel Nikolai Malthus.

#924 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:00 PM

View PostDaidachi, on 08 June 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

Rumour has it Mercstar have hired a creative consultant to deal with their perceived image problem.

His recommendation was to upload the entirety of the battletech cartoon to youtube, with all dialogue replaced by chatter from their teamspeak.

Further rumour has it this has caused intense feuding within the unit as to who gets to play the part of Star Colonel Nikolai Malthus.

Problem was the creative consultant was a Marik. Too much purple fried chicken.

#925 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:06 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 08 June 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

Problem was the creative consultant was a Marik. Too much purple fried chicken.

Got to be careful with that.

It's why Marik can't really find matches on any border.

You beat on your purple chicken more than 3 times, you're playing with it.

#926 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:10 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 08 June 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:

Got to be careful with that.

It's why Marik can't really find matches on any border.

You beat on your purple chicken more than 3 times, you're going to go blind.

FTFY

#927 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:28 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 08 June 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

FTFY

Explains why things got a bit blurry at the end of CW Beta 1.

#928 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:28 PM

It also explains why Antonius purchased a controlling share in Cokacola. Much easier and cheaper to get a hold of glasses.

Posted Image

Your average MS player after CW Beta 1.

#929 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:55 PM

MercStar's pay-to-win arsenal is spearheaded by mechs powered by the tears of their defeated enemies.

MercStar profits further off of this by selling these tear-powered mechs to the MWO community, which the community then labels pay-to-win.

Edited by Commander A9, 12 June 2016 - 01:29 PM.

#930 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:59 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 09 June 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

It also explains why Antonius purchased a controlling share in Cokacola. Much easier and cheaper to get a hold of glasses.

Posted Image

Your average MS player after CW Beta 1.

Where'd you get that picture of Helsbane ??

#931 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:47 AM

Note to self

Although baiting the trolls in game who will blame MS for everything from global warming to obamacare is fun it does not help the team crush them into red paste.

I thereby vow to use the built in ignore feature of my own head and get on with the fascination the real relation the underlying theme

#932 Lord Baconburger

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationDel Monte

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:12 PM

Heard a rumour that due to the recent *******/controversy of PGI/FW, the guys in -MS- have organised a meet up in their respective continents where they will fight each other in custom-made hand-painted cardboard box mechs and shoot each other with Sucker Darts fired from toy guns and Spud Guns. Water guns were put forward by the unit leaders, but were ultimately decided against because "It'll ruin our pretty paint jobs".

Paint funds are to be collected by the unit leaders on a "pay what you can afford" basis, as everyone has spent their last buck/dollar/penny/pound/peso/euro/shilling/dirham/shekel/drachma on mech packs and not everyone can afford said paint.

#933 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

View PostLord Baconburger, on 15 June 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

Heard a rumour that due to the recent *******/controversy of PGI/FW, the guys in -MS- have organised a meet up in their respective continents where they will fight each other in custom-made hand-painted cardboard box mechs and shoot each other with Sucker Darts fired from toy guns and Spud Guns.

Close...

#934 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:34 PM

I heard MercStar is really just searching for the next Inner Sphere pop sensation on their closed circuit HPG show MercStar Idol.

Or maybe they are just searching for a better name because the abbreviation MS. in front of their player's names just means they are all single women.Posted Image

P.S. I guess this means Beyoncé sings their theme song "If you like it then you better put a ring on it."

I hate that song so much...

Edited by Ryllen Kriel, 15 June 2016 - 09:44 PM.

#935 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:00 PM

View PostRyllen Kriel, on 15 June 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

I heard MercStar is really just searching for the next Inner Sphere pop sensation on their closed circuit HPG show MercStar Idol.

Or maybe they are just searching for a better name because the abbreviation MS. in front of their player's names just means they are all single women.Posted Image

P.S. I guess this means Beyoncé sings their theme song "If you like it then you better put a ring on it."

I hate that song so much...

Mercstar idol could actually be kind of amusing.

And i see your annoying song and raise you

#936 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:07 PM

Someone already won this.

#937 MaxFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:41 PM

I heard a rumor that MercStar has sent spies to their most bitter rivals. These super secret undercover operatives can be recognized by them having secret code embedded in their nicknames, capital letters MSC, which stands for MercStar Commandos. They communicate back to MS bosses by posting cunningly coded messages in this very thread! I have been able to identify at least one very active operative, but I'm yet to crack the code of what his secret communications really mean.

That seems to be the actual function of this thread, from the very first page MS started sending coded orders to these operatives, and already on page two these operatives started reporting back, and this coded dialogue has continued actively all this time.

Edited by MaxFool, 15 June 2016 - 11:48 PM.

#938 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:25 AM

View PostMaxFool, on 15 June 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

I heard a rumor that MercStar has sent spies to their most bitter rivals. These super secret undercover operatives can be recognized by them having secret code embedded in their nicknames, capital letters MSC, which stands for MercStar Commandos. They communicate back to MS bosses by posting cunningly coded messages in this very thread! I have been able to identify at least one very active operative, but I'm yet to crack the code of what his secret communications really mean.

That seems to be the actual function of this thread, from the very first page MS started sending coded orders to these operatives, and already on page two these operatives started reporting back, and this coded dialogue has continued actively all this time.

Secret Orders? Coded Messages? Really, who would do such a thing? ('Max' unicorn daydreams 'Fool' and 'end' in nightmares, in the closet with 'him' and the broom 'now'. If 'he' was going to lolly land, who 'knows', you 'too' could do 'much'!)

Edited by Armando, 16 June 2016 - 01:31 AM.

#939 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:41 AM

I heard MS originally planned on creating coded messages but nobody who was smart enough wanted to do it, so they just pretended they did and then ghost-dropped another world from CGB. This whole thread is being sustained by MS members who are just keeping it alive in the hopes that someone will actually go be a Commando and someone else will make actual codes to send in messages, because it's a cool idea but sounds like a lot of work that, well, everyone hopes someone else will actually do.

#940 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:44 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 June 2016 - 01:41 AM, said:

I heard MS originally planned on creating coded messages but nobody who was smart enough wanted to do it, so they just pretended they did and then ghost-dropped another world from CGB. This whole thread is being sustained by MS members who are just keeping it alive in the hopes that someone will actually go be a Commando and someone else will make actual codes to send in messages, because it's a cool idea but sounds like a lot of work that, well, everyone hopes someone else will actually do.

Are you sure you didn't just quote from PGI's business model there?

And btw, would you like to buy a mechpack?

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users