Fantasizing About Wolfhounds...

28 replies to this topic

#21 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:42 PM

Here's hoping that PGI releases the WLF in tandem with a massive re-quirk of the FS9 so that the light 'Mechs that've been designed for frontline combat roles (JR7, PNT, COM, WLF) are actually better at frontline combat roles than the flying flamethrower. Not that I'm still bitter or anything. Not me. Nosireebob.

It looks like a fun little 'Mech, all in all. I wish PGI had gone with something other than yet another 35-tonner (a 20 or 25-tonner would've been fantastic), but as long as there's another viable light in the queue that's not a Firestarter, I'll call that a win and be happy. The more, the merrier; something something variety something something spice something something life, and all that jazz.

I'm headcrafting MPL, LPL+SPL, ERLL+SPL, and LL+ML builds. I don't think they'll be very good PPC platforms because of the lack of jets for mobility. Max engine, naturally, because zoom zoom fun fun wheeee.

#22 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 21 June 2015 - 01:08 AM

I wish after the tree physics and stuff are done you can set them on fire.

Same time: buff flamers
Same time: give flamer quirks to the firestarter instead of the majority of ones we got
^cicada, adder,warhawk, couldronborn, etc mechs with flamers better get Flamer quirks too

Anyway, builds I am planning for wolfhound are...

WLF-1
WLF-1A
WLF-1B
WLF-2

WLF-1:
Based on the stock build but with the biggest engine possible, XL 315, making it with speed tweak run at 160.2 kph. Using large laser at range and using mediums when people get to close.

WLF-1A:
Based of Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries stock build, Instead of a Large X-Pulse laser it's just the standard Large pulse, using the max 295 XL engine for speed and will provide a nasty but heat efficient kick at anyone that dares to get close. Can still do a nasty poke at medium range.
WLF-1B:
based of Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries hero Wolfhound so to say, Used in Solaris VII by Terrance Munson and Li Song, (most famously Terrance Munson as Li Song does not like the light mech circuit), Using originally a Clan ER PPC and 2 small lasers, as above I MW: O i-fide it to have a Standard IS ER PPC instead. It will do a nasty kick affar and will have double AMS to help friendlies out as well as itself. (Double AMS replaces the "LAMS" that the wolfhound "Terrance Munson" had)
WLF-2:
Based on stock, only difference is a TAG added so it can aquire targets, locks, and data more quickly and to provide TAG support for LRM boats, the ER large laser will keep it busy at range and the TAG will help at target info gathering for it to pick out the weak vulnerable parts of its pray.

All of these are based on a stock mech It seems. However it will still make me a very happy man as well as make it not a firestarter mimic (Ironically i used a firestarter as my template...)

#23 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

You know I kind of want one of these now purely because I just started watching the cartoon series from when I was younger and they're in that.

#24 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:11 PM

I cant freaking wait for the WLF1. Tanky Quad MPLs @160 kph is gonna make it my goto light day one

#25 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:30 AM

Anybody else testing Wolfhound builds? I've built a Jenner d and a firestarter a to serve as trainer/testbeds till october.

Putting up some great numbers too, tested 4xmpl (wlf1), 5xmpl (wlf1b), 6xml (wlf1a) lots of 100+/500+ match scores and 6 kill games.

#26 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:41 PM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 30 June 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

Anybody else testing Wolfhound builds? I've built a Jenner d and a firestarter a to serve as trainer/testbeds till october.

Putting up some great numbers too, tested 4xmpl (wlf1), 5xmpl (wlf1b), 6xml (wlf1a) lots of 100+/500+ match scores and 6 kill games.

not really, waiting to get the wolfhound to test it. Anything a normal mech atm can do for me smurfy can already do.

#27 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:51 AM

The Wolfie is for loreheads and collectors. For everyone else, it's a a Firestarter without JJs. It's that simple. There are some interesting variants, including ballistics and ECM, but they're a decade and change down the timeline.

Why we need more laser vomit is beyond me, what with the Flea still being MIA despite MASC and a certain lack of Javelins. But hey, maybe the Clans get a "Grinner" heromech now.

#28 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 30 May 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

Should I use lasers, lasers or lasers?
OMG, such a tough choice!

I recommend you put LAZORS in it.

#29 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:23 AM

View PostFrechdachs, on 23 July 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

The Wolfie is for loreheads and collectors. For everyone else, it's a a Firestarter without JJs. It's that simple. There are some interesting variants, including ballistics and ECM, but they're a decade and change down the timeline.

Why we need more laser vomit is beyond me, what with the Flea still being MIA despite MASC and a certain lack of Javelins. But hey, maybe the Clans get a "Grinner" heromech now.

eh, the wolverine is the half way between the firestarter and panther.

speculated to have large laser and medium pulse quirks while some may branch to the large pulse lasers.
Wolfhound is also currently the fastest 35 tonner in game. So that's new.
There isn't much light mechs for the Is available either way.

Also you complain about the wolfhound not being obselete while you recomend the javeline...

Essentually a 5 ton heavier commando wit equal or worse hardpoints

The few variants in time line will have a min of...
1; 3M
2: 4E
3: 2M

What kind of inflations would that get?

1: 5M (3 LT, 2 RT) or (4 LT, 1RT).... or 7M.
2: 6E
3: 6M

All ST mounted...

not particularly the most unique mech out there and it probably will struggle to use it's hardpoints much like the commando...

View PostDawnstealer, on 23 July 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

I recommend you put LAZORS in it.

Why not flamers?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users