Buff The Cw Dropships?

28 replies to this topic

#1 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:36 AM

I think they should shoot more stuff. When my team are winning and then pushing to the spawn area, I can just like lol dropship when seeing one and then bathe in the "gentle" blue beam. People should be afraid standing on a dropship zone because when one is dropping, it will seriously **** everyone nearby. The LRM20 and PPC that the Leopard carries are good psychological weapons which can add some chaos to the spawn campers. I think if PGI can add 2x (c)LRM20 and 2x (c)ERPPC to each dropship it would be perfect.

What do you think?

#2 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:39 AM

Yes

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:41 AM

When the opfor is camping the Attacker's 7 (or 11?) (IS) ERLarge powered dropships... there are 3 things happening...

1) The opfor is better than you.

2) You are doing a terrible job on offense.

3) The game is virtually over.

Although there are some instances were the Attackers camp their own dropship spawn when they have a lead and the MFB destroyed, the majority of matches... you are oftentimes an inferior force not willing to play as a group and shoot things together.

It's a sad reality, so buffing the Attacker's dropships doesn't solve the "you're not that good" situation.

Edited by Deathlike, 26 May 2015 - 09:41 AM.

#4 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 May 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

It's a sad reality, so buffing the Attacker's dropships doesn't solve the "you're not that good" situation.

This is not what I want to "solve".

#5 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

Ehhh, not sure. I mean they are pretty powerful already in my experience. Sure they aren't going to kill a fresh mech, but they are still quite good and pretty scary. Basically a free Stalker 4n.

But I don't think it would hurt to add a couple PPCs.

#6 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 26 May 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

This is not what I want to "solve".

My bad.. I didn't quite reread what you wrote.

So, you're saying you want some sort of "counter objective" or "bonus objective" to destroy an attacker's dropship (whether floating/flying or not) while attacking the attacker's dropzone... while it serves as a "stronger turret" for the attacker's dropzone?

If it's for a Counter Objective, there may be some teams that would consider destroying it to win the match outright...

If it's for a Bonus Objective, it better have a freaking sweet payday.

Edited by Deathlike, 26 May 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#7 madhermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

I think there are more pressing matters other than making dropships like they are in the lore.

#8 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

Just let droppers choose which spawn they want to land in. Also you could make it easier for droppers to sync..

#9 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

I'm just going to say the least popular thing ever said on mwomercs.com.

Dropships with aimbot lasers really mess with my immersion

There, I said it! I would prefer if the Dropships had 20xLRM20 and10 x aimbot PPCs instead of the current twitchy Eye of Sauron blue lasers that just vaporize everything with godlike speed and accuracy, rotating 180 degrees completely instantly to simultaneously destroy two mechs on opposite sides of the dropship. It's just so obvious that they're not controlled by actual people, and it makes me sad.

Mah immersion.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 26 May 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#10 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 26 May 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

I'm just going to say the least popular thing ever said on mwomercs.com.

Dropships with aimbot lasers really mess with my immersion

There, I said it! I would prefer if the Dropships had 20xLRM20 and10 x aimbot PPCs instead of the current twitchy Eye of Sauron blue lasers that just vaporize everything with godlike speed and accuracy, rotating 180 degrees completely instantly to simultaneously destroy two mechs on opposite sides of the dropship. It's just so obvious that they're not controlled by actual people, and it makes me sad.

Mah immersion.

They had some of these in MW4. They are incredibly dumb (they keep firing into terrain, like turrets).

Having 12 players focus fire on a dropship?

The Keshik Dear Coordinator would be pleased.

#11 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 May 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

My bad.. I didn't quite reread what you wrote.

So, you're saying you want some sort of "counter objective" or "bonus objective" to destroy an attacker's dropship (whether floating/flying or not) while attacking the attacker's dropzone... while it serves as a "stronger turret" for the attacker's dropzone?

If it's for a Counter Objective, there may be some teams that would consider destroying it to win the match outright...

If it's for a Bonus Objective, it better have a freaking sweet payday.

Actually I just want Dropships to be scarier. They should add some suspense when you want to approach the opfor's landing zone. You should constantly monitor the sky and trying to guess the trajectory of the soon to be approaching dropships. Maybe you also want to search for a cover and make some distance in case sh!t happens (rains on your head = dead).

Edited by Hit the Deck, 26 May 2015 - 10:08 AM.

#12 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 26 May 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

Actually I just want Dropships to be scarier. They should add some suspense when you want to approach the opfor's landing zone. You should constantly monitor the sky and trying to guess the trajectory of the soon to be approaching dropships. Maybe you also want to search for a cover and make some distance in case sh!t happens (rains on your head = dead).

TBH, at that point, noone really cares what they shoot because even if you upgrade its weapons loadout, the opfor/Defenders will just farm the targets from range.

#13 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

12 MLs at the very least (they from from 5 ERLLs 7 MLs, to just 7 MLs) on the defender side.

Attackers were upgraded to 12 ERLLs.

Giving them ERPPCs seems like a bad idea to me, because that 810M range. Perhaps some additional LPLs (365M), essentially the same result as the PPCs, just shorter ranged.

#14 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:28 AM

They should give us the option of shooting down dropships, screw the spawn camping just kill the spawn

#15 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:34 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 May 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

TBH, at that point, noone really cares what they shoot because even if you upgrade its weapons loadout, the opfor/Defenders will just farm the targets from range.

Quite a long range actually if they have LRMs and ERPPC. Also you want to hide behind cover when one lands.

Basically I just want the dropships to be more respected as something that can kill you.

View PostMcgral18, on 26 May 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

12 MLs at the very least (they from from 5 ERLLs 7 MLs, to just 7 MLs) on the defender side.

Attackers were upgraded to 12 ERLLs.

Giving them ERPPCs seems like a bad idea to me, because that 810M range. Perhaps some additional LPLs (365M), essentially the same result as the PPCs, just shorter ranged.

Could you tell us where you know this from? 12x ERLL seems a lot but I feel that they are too "tame".

As for the ERPPC, you can evade them somewhat and thus avoid the "aimbot accuracy problem" Alistair mentioned.

Edited by Hit the Deck, 26 May 2015 - 10:35 AM.

#16 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 26 May 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

Could you tell us where you know this from? 12x ERLL seems a lot but I feel that they are too "tame".

As for the ERPPC, you can evade them somewhat and thus avoid the "aimbot accuracy problem" Alistair mentioned.

http://mwomercs.com/...61-18-dec-2014/

• Replaced attacker DropShip 7 medium lasers to ERLLs. Attacker dropships now have 12 ERLL's.
  • Removed defense DropShip ERLLs. Defense dropships now have just 7 medium lasers.
  • DropShips will only fire their weapons if they are in range to hit for maximum damage.

#17 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 26 May 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

Quite a long range actually if they have LRMs and ERPPC. Also you want to hide behind cover when one lands.

Basically I just want the dropships to be more respected as something that can kill you.

You have to remember that the dropship has at most 12 mechs to fire at, and very often some of the lasers shoot @ the same target.

Edit: Also, ER Large Lasers have a longer duration than their more concentrated damage counterpart... the regular Large Lasers.

Also, lol Lurms.

http://mwomercs.com/...61-18-dec-2014/

Replaced attacker DropShip 7 medium lasers to ERLLs. Attacker dropships now have 12 ERLL's.
Removed defense DropShip ERLLs. Defense dropships now have just 7 medium lasers.
DropShips will only fire their weapons if they are in range to hit for maximum damage.

For your reference, these are IS weapons and NOT the Clan versions.

Edited by Deathlike, 26 May 2015 - 10:46 AM.

#18 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

They need to setup a more potent dropship.

When people are dropping in they should feel protected for the few seconds they need to come online.

#19 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

Am I taking crazy pills, or does no one remember what was happening when CW first launched and the Dropships vaporized everyone to the point the ships got more kills than players?

And people want to go back to that?

#20 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostMadcap72, on 26 May 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

Am I taking crazy pills, or does no one remember what was happening when CW first launched and the Dropships vaporized everyone to the point the ships got more kills than players?

And people want to go back to that?

The defender dropship went from 5ERLL 7ML to just 7ML.

From 80 firepower to just 35.

The attacker went from 80 to 108

A modest buff, shorter ranged than the Attacker dropship, should be expected. LPLs, for example.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users