• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:52 AM

View PostBurktross, on 27 May 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Jesus Christ, and I thought I play MWO a lot.. ;_;

I thought that too, but then a while back someone posted a number that was more than twice what mine was.

#42 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:23 PM

The Bad:
Maps: Crapily designed around a single point or sections of map with large areas of the map never being used. H 10 on alpine. MOBA tunnels of death on CW maps. Enough said.

ECM: It is the god easy mode. At higher elo you will not see a single lrm five on a mech. The fact an entire team can be nothing but ecm mechs is slowly happening in solo queue and already has in cw.

UI 2.0: Pain in the ass. New playes have little hope of building a decent mech or navigating it without some major help from vet players. Refreshing data screws up your mech build you just saved. Yes I did just remove that srm 6 and replace it with lrm 10s. Why the hell did you automatically readd it?!

Trial builds: Suck. At least give them a decent load out instead of a mix of whatever.
CW: 30 minute or longer wait for a ten minute laser vomit loss in my experience. Clans win hands down against is. The only weapon is has to fight back with are dual guass mechs.

Dead Jerks in Teams: You know these aholes. Seven minutes or more left in a match and they want you to suicide or just stand in front of the enemy dire just because the team got wiped and you are the last mech. If I got seven minutes and my mech is functional with a working weapon I am going to fight until destroyed by enemy team or overheating.

Content: Nothing but mech packs or mechs in store. It seems when anything "new" is done, it is for cw only.
Patches-hot-fix: Do they ever really fix things? Half the time they seem to add more problems then they are meant to remove. If I didn't know the trick to regain control of my mech from the spinning mech bug I'd rage quit and expect new players to do the same and never come back.

Quirks: Just looking at the forums tells you how bad this was implemented. Even worse is pgi having to add negative quirks to try and counter balance it.

The good:
Mechs: Look awesome for the most part. Catapult C1 still my top mech.

Mech vs Mech combat: Can be fun and itsn't a cod clone.

Mech Lab 1.0: Had that awesome drop deck of your four mechs with their builds saved. Just click on it and hit launch.
Finally added units. If it wasn't for the unit and ability to drop with them I would have quit long ago.

#43 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:55 PM

The Good:

Mech design and artwork
Map concept and design themes
Constant updates
No longer at the hands of an incompetent and greedy corporate publisher
They are really trying to improve the game
Nice ingame UI and presentation
Nice weapon effects
Support has great customer service
Best looking website and game forums

The Bad
Pay In Advance ecosystem
Poor Map level design
Poor mech and map geometries
Poor mech animations
Public games too short
CW games have serious issues
High learning curve
Poor matchmaking
Graphics increasingly outdated
Poor netcode
Need better servers
Poor main lobby UI and presentation
The general feeling that everything is rushed, not well thought.
The general lack of quality control.
Quirks and metas
Not enough lore education in the website

Edited by Anjian, 27 May 2015 - 06:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users