67 replies to this topic

#61 Rentier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 172 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty, it was

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

im from germany and i got 2 server connection losses in 2 matches in the last half an hour ;D

#62 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:14 AM

A quick update regarding the overnight issues at least: there was a serious fibre cut on one of the main links to our datacenter. That issue has been resolved.

I am still investigating the earlier drops but do not have any further info.

As for connection issues from Australia, I am more then willing to discuss individual cases through PMs.

#63 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostMike Forst, on 28 May 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

A quick update regarding the overnight issues at least: there was a serious fibre cut on one of the main links to our datacenter. That issue has been resolved.

I am still investigating the earlier drops but do not have any further info.

As for connection issues from Australia, I am more then willing to discuss individual cases through PMs.

Thanks for the update Mike!

#64 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

Mike Forst,

Well, I still get the teleporting/rubberbanding including the ones that turn me around to face a different direction than I was.
I did tracert and ping tests just now,
Two of the IP addresses are fine
One is going from about 25-30ms up to over 100ms at some point then after a few starts generating Request Timed Out all the way to the end, the Ping seems ok.

#65 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:39 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 28 May 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Mike Forst, Well, I still get the teleporting/rubberbanding including the ones that turn me around to face a different direction than I was. I did tracert and ping tests just now, Two of the IP addresses are fine One is going from about 25-30ms up to over 100ms at some point then after a few starts generating Request Timed Out all the way to the end, the Ping seems ok.

Please send me your traceroutes via personal message and I will see if I can help you resolve the issue.

#66 riffraff777

• PipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 20 posts
  • LocationOxford, AL, USA

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:28 PM

It's not "tin-foil hat" or "black helicopter" time when your router admin-log actually records the DoS attack, or series of DoS attacks, occurring at a critical moment in the match when one finds oneself relocated a substantial distance from an objective, dead, or both.

I've only been playing for a couple of months, but I have encountered this several times in matches. It doesn't happen often enough to be more than a nuisance, but just curious if other players had encountered this.

In addition, as I have seen numerous posters in this and other forums incorrectly assert, it is NOT a free-to-play game. Not if you've payed hard cash for premium time. I don't appreciate that money being wasted by twits with cheats degrading the quality of the product.

I am not, by nature, a griper. This is my sole complaint. Otherwise, I absolutely LOVE this game and I appreciate the years of blood sweat and tears poured into it by those at PGI and the perfection they've produced. I hate to see that smeared.

#67 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:08 AM

Um... buying premium time is purely voluntary choice and even if you do.. you don't get any advantage over F2P players other than earning a bit more money/xp while grinding a bit less.... essentially it just means you get there a little faster but don't get access to anything special other than starting private matches easier? (if I'm wrong here I am happy to admit and be corrected but I've been premium since I started last year and while I have a bit more cbill than my F2P mates.. they've by now accumulated more than enough cbill/xp to also buy all the mechs, modules, consumables, etc they need so we're all pretty much even...)

*shrugs*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users