131 replies to this topic

#121 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:04 PM

That twist speed with 325 engines is pretty slow too for defending. Gotta assist it with turning your mech legs or your torsos still get fried.

#122 Averen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:19 PM

One reason the king crab is much better than the atlas: It has a 25% twist quirk. No real shield arms, while it's good at avoiding crits to the ballistics.

Generally i only found the 24ASRM/AC20/STD350 Atlas to be quite a solid mech. Most of the other builds and variant are all done better in other mechs, though.

#123 Atomic Weapon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:39 PM

View PostAveren, on 29 May 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

One reason the king crab is much better than the atlas: It has a 25% twist quirk. No real shield arms, while it's good at avoiding crits to the ballistics.

Generally i only found the 24ASRM/AC20/STD350 Atlas to be quite a solid mech. Most of the other builds and variant are all done better in other mechs, though.

You are totally correct on that, I love my crab. I haven't played all week, figured I would take my Atlas killer out and ran into my first Atlas victim. I felt his pain as I was tearing up his armor from a distance with my 4 ultra AC/10s... If someone know the Atlas pilot show him this photo and ask him did it feel like a fair fight.. I just bought a Epson 2030 movie projector so, off to watch a movie or so.

Posted Image

#124 Averen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:52 PM

Lets be honest, everything in this game is an atlas killer outside of short range engagements. Although even then an uac-dire has a good chance.

#125 Atomic Weapon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

View PostAveren, on 29 May 2015 - 08:52 PM, said:

Lets be honest, everything in this game is an atlas killer outside of short range engagements. Although even then an uac-dire has a good chance.

Funny thing is I'm running with my motherboards graphic, MAXIMUS VII FORMULA/WATCH DOGS.. Just sold my EVGA GTX 980 and going to upgrade. I'm taking advantage of atlases in my dire wolf with my motherboard graphic card, too funny. More screenshots to come.

Edited by Atomic Weapon, 29 May 2015 - 09:02 PM.

#126 Averen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

wat O_o

#127 darkchylde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:04 PM

View PostAtomic Weapon, on 27 May 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

I will start running my Atlas again, when I have this much firepower. It's time for the Atlas to get the big buff!! give it more armor or something

This video clearly shows a comparison between the dire wolf and the Atlas when it comes to firepower.

And this is why the game needs Sized hardpoints.

#128 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:25 PM

CTF 0XP has the buffs the atlas needs.

#129 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:31 AM

View PostAtomic Weapon, on 29 May 2015 - 08:39 PM, said:

You are totally correct on that, I love my crab. I haven't played all week, figured I would take my Atlas killer out and ran into my first Atlas victim. I felt his pain as I was tearing up his armor from a distance with my 4 ultra AC/10s... If someone know the Atlas pilot show him this photo and ask him did it feel like a fair fight.. I just bought a Epson 2030 movie projector so, off to watch a movie or so.

My team got out played nothing more and that was a real poor almost I want to uninstall score.

As for buff the AS7 hell yes im sorry anything under 50 tons should run the f&*k away not be able to tank it.... And since were at it Give the AS7-D(F) the green eye back and the rest a toggle for the red glow eyes.

#130 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:50 AM

View Poststevemac, on 30 May 2015 - 06:31 AM, said:

My team got out played nothing more and that was a real poor almost I want to uninstall score.

As for buff the AS7 hell yes im sorry anything under 50 tons should run the f&*k away not be able to tank it.... And since were at it Give the AS7-D(F) the green eye back and the rest a toggle for the red glow eyes.

It's not hard making glowing eyes not visible 10,000 miles away. :lol:

#131 Atomic Weapon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:45 AM

View Poststevemac, on 30 May 2015 - 06:31 AM, said:

stevemac
"Dam i knew that would come back on me.... That was a real poor match by me but I do agree with you postings"

Just responded to your p.m. seen above, and again I'm not saying you're a bad pilot at all. It's just very hard to engage a dire wolf in an atlas with 4 Ultra AC/10s therefore it's just easier to make a missile boat out of that atlas if it's not able to play its role as an assault mech holding up to a beating. I should be able to play tomorrow with my dire wolf and what I'm trying to do is engage the first Atlas I come across to show how weak the armor is as an assault mech. unless the Atlas can run up on me quickly I normally don't take a lot of damage, but there's not a whole lot of atlases that run quickly upon 4 Ultra AC/10s.

#132 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostXetelian, on 29 May 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

CTF 0XP has the buffs the atlas needs.

I think the Zeus buffs are more in line myself. Oddly, I don't find the CTF that tanky...but it's been a while since I took my Ilya out, so maybe it's gonna just feel fragile? :unsure:

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users