Mwo Dev Vlog #11

239 replies to this topic

#181 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

Well, at start I was aimed to read all those posts but after 3 pages i've got tired so..
1)PGI got perfect community manager- when you look at her you forgot all urs qestions and all urs in-game problems, same time when she talks all what you whant to do is listen. dont ask, justlisten :lol:
2)That VLOG was grat - its allways good to see happy pealpes, espcialy wenthey are wrkinon urs fvorit game.
3)A lot ofintresting info, so now most of us have more reasons to keep playing to see all those new features.

THX A LOT. That was great!

Edited by MGA121285, 29 May 2015 - 01:33 PM.

#182 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:00 PM

Yes okay, lack of polish, as others have said,
but I'm glad to see this rather than a trio of smarmy sales robots trying too hard to sell the game.

Three (+1 unseen?) people chatting about their mech stuff and related perspectives; definitely wasn't devoid of information~ ^_^

#183 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

View PostSamurai Phoenix, on 28 May 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

-snip-

You got a little srs bsns there buddy.

And the Kit Fox is a damn cute mech and you know it.

#184 Mellonbuster

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostDesintegrator, on 29 May 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

Not so much interesting information!

I prefer something like the NGNG videos about patch changes - simple, short, concentrated on the important things !

I agree way to long, awkward, and boring. The hand mic was cheesy also!

#185 Mellonbuster

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 May 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

We are in 3052 so it is very possible the Bushwacker will be in the next pack after Resistance 2.

FYI guys, all of the compliments to Tina come off as a little creepy... keep that in mind, you are all just dudes on the internet.

Yes all these guys are creepy for sure! She is a average looking woman talking in a video. Get out of your mothers basement guys! There are lots of girls in the real world!!!

#186 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

View PostMellonbuster, on 29 May 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

Yes all these guys are creepy for sure! She is a average looking woman talking in a video. Get out of your mothers basement guys! There are lots of girls in the real world!!!

So in other words, you are saying Tina isn't real? Guess everyone in that video isn't real either. Neither is PGI. We're all in the Matrix.

Wake up Neo.

Also, since when did complimenting a woman become taboo? Are you not a real man for doing so? Sure, depending on what you say and how you say it, you could come off as a creep. So basically the lesson here is:

Tell a woman you want to tie her down and get freaky (what I actually heard some dude say in a bar before) is fine, but tell a woman she's cute and suddenly you're a creep.

Edited by Sevronis, 29 May 2015 - 07:46 PM.

#187 MemeCreamSupreme

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:56 PM

I can't handle how cute this vlog was. seriously. I'm a straight male and I want to give Alex a hug. Awesome team.

Also, I know I've complained about the game and buying packs a lot but if you sell those figurine made all awesome i will BUY THE CRAP OUT OF THEM.

#188 ZnSeventeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:49 PM

I liked this.
It was awkward, and cute, and funny.
Terribly uninformative, but really, I just wanted some lighthearted stuff, and this fit the bill.

(Really, favorite is Timby? I get it, but really?)

#189 Beren Valari

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSeoul

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:39 AM

I just seems like they've never hung out before. So awkward talking to eachother and camera shy to boot.

#190 Mellonbuster

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:27 AM

View PostSevronis, on 29 May 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

So in other words, you are saying Tina isn't real? Guess everyone in that video isn't real either. Neither is PGI. We're all in the Matrix.

Wake up Neo.

Also, since when did complimenting a woman become taboo? Are you not a real man for doing so? Sure, depending on what you say and how you say it, you could come off as a creep. So basically the lesson here is:

Tell a woman you want to tie her down and get freaky (what I actually heard some dude say in a bar before) is fine, but tell a woman she's cute and suddenly you're a creep.

Not sure where you read that I said Tina was not real. Maybe you need to take a break from the computer. If you don't think drooling and making weird comments about a woman doing her job on a video is creepy you might just be creepy.

#191 K4t4k1s

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:09 AM

So...

- New community VLOG - check!
- Tina is a woman and everybuddy likes her - check!
- Cool models on table (potential fan store content) - check!
- Bushwacker confirmed - check!
- Nice devs chatting - check!
- real interesting informations - well...
- ...but hey, good start - check! :)

cheers

#192 Kyle Travis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:19 AM

Fun to watch and listen - bit disorganised but Tina is very cute so thas fine ;)

#193 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:30 AM

View PostMellonbuster, on 30 May 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

Not sure where you read that I said Tina was not real. Maybe you need to take a break from the computer. If you don't think drooling and making weird comments about a woman doing her job on a video is creepy you might just be creepy.

Ohhh, I get it now. You're just a troll. Sorry for the confusion.

#194 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostSevronis, on 29 May 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

Some people have different tastes, but the comments here were getting on the creepy side. Also, what you heard in a bar has no bearing on how THIS thread is going.

View PostSevronis, on 30 May 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

Ohhh, I get it now. You're just a troll. Sorry for the confusion.

I honestly think you're the one trolling (badly), or appearing as trolling (still not good). He just said they need to interact with women "in the real world". His statement is that the interaction is what should be taking place in the real world. Not that the women in the video aren't real.

So how about we go back to being civil, and actually think of useful things to post. Like what the next Dev Vlog should have?

Edited by IraqiWalker, 30 May 2015 - 10:29 AM.

#195 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

This one's for Alex: Any way you can do a mock-up of the Bushwacker with the X-shaped shoulder launcher? I Heart Bushwacker!

#196 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

Alex? Hatchetman: its FREAKING HEAD LAUNCHES OFF ITS BODY. This must happen.

#197 ToxinTractor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

Made me so happy to see more dev vlogs. i feel it would be a very good idea to keep this a regular thing.

Though it kinda seems like a lot of the MWO staff are camera shy! :P

#198 CTsai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

View PostSamurai Phoenix, on 28 May 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

Unimportant nerdrant ignored.

4) Be mindful of what you say: You don't "become a mech" but you’d pilot one. Mechs are not “cute”, they are meant to be war machines. “Bushwacker” is not a funny name - It’s a respected mech and a lot of us are looking forward to it. Light Mechs: “a racecar” “if you are not actually fighting, you are using it for…<<whatever the 2 fingers handsign meant>>”. Light mechs have an important role in the game. “How often do you play MechwarriorS?” Its MWO – not “Mechwarriors”
- These I find borderline disrespectful to the community/players. We know it’s just a game, please don’t patronize us.

ROFL calm your little nerd titays and get out of mama's basement please. All these brooding nerd rage can't be good for them.

View PostKay Wolf, on 28 May 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Tina, I agree with many, here, you are lovely.

Huh?

1) (snip)... you're too cute... bulk up the voice, speak stronger and more clearly, find your confidence. Talk to George Ledoux and (snip)

Umm.....

2) (snip). Now, if you want to set time for a game at a local store, let me know... I'm 111 miles South of where you are, in Everett, Washington.

AND HE STRIKES!

I have a Battalion's worth of mini's, though they are woefully unpainted, some of them in sad disrepair, I'm afraid, but for a couple of 'Mechs each on the field, it would be easy to get some sheets printed out and go play.

AW SNAP! Before she could response, he immediately starts talking about his impressive miniature battalion. A BATTALION GUYS, that was just brutal. No way she could say no now. Man, that was a quick 1-2 punch. He must really want it, the thirst is great, the thirst is REAL

At the same time, I would be happy to give you a general rundown of what made -for me, at least- BattleTech what it is. If you see the basis of what MWO is built around, perhaps it would help inform what you know of MWO, as well.

You go buddy! Swept her off her feet

Seriously guys, stop being so thirsty. She is technically our 3rd CM (after Garth and Niko) in 3 years.....

Edited by CTsai, 31 May 2015 - 02:52 PM.

#199 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:57 PM

Silly question:

Why is Dev Vlog #11 not in the Dev Vlog section of the forums? :ph34r:

#200 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:30 AM

A little more prepwork next time. There were a bit too many akward pauses and silences going on here.

Other than that, I liked the overall format, but it shows that you guys are not used to doing this kind of TV-personality requiring thing. Practice makes perfect, of course, and I realise that doing a TV-show like this isn't always conductive to a work environment. I don't know how I'd feel about featuring in this kind of thing and having to blather on about what I do to our costumers and any other random person out there.

Edited by Alexander Garden, 02 June 2015 - 01:00 PM.
removed moderated post quote

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users