239 replies to this topic

#161 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:18 AM

Shouldn't this thread be moved.... here?

http://mwomercs.com/...eveloper-vlogs/

This forum is so weird.

#162 Hangfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 204 posts
  • LocationToon of honest men and bonnie lassies

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:41 AM

Nice to see the Vlog back :)

And women discussing mechs,,,,,,, I'll be in my bunk

#163 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:45 AM

View PostBashfulsalamander, on 28 May 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Get out of here stalker @ XengkPosted Image

This is one of my favorite manga/anime shows. I'm still sad there is no season 4 of the anime and that the manga ended. :(

And... not gonna lie... that cockpit discussion did get a bit awkward! :ph34r:

Edited by Elizander, 29 May 2015 - 12:47 AM.

#164 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:24 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 29 May 2015 - 12:18 AM, said:

Shouldn't this thread be moved.... here?

http://mwomercs.com/...eveloper-vlogs/

This forum is so weird.

I have said something about the miss use of the forums and the website in many posts, but many at PGI ignore it is my guess.

I also sent in an email to support ... and got ignored. Email was sent back in January, and I received an automatic email after that email was sent and then another automatic email a month later in February with out ever getting a real person to answer.

Example of what I am talking about is back in the day (not so much now) the first time you heard about some of the release of information was never on the main website (mwomercs), but it would be on reddit or ngng or Russ's Twitter feed. Over time though it has gotten better as in you get cool tid bits at Russ's Twitter and NGNG, but no longer is reddit the first major post for mwo news; instead it is here. This could also be the reason why they never answered my support email, because they worked on the issue instead (so thank you PGI in that regard).

Other issues is forum being out of date, miss placement of topics, and other simple things.

I also forgot to say this earlier so figure I should say it now.

Lisa's explination on the development and the feel of the cockpits was very interesting. More so in how she explains the difference between the clan being more open and sci-fi while the inner sphere where to have a more outdate feel with her use of 1940s and 1950s cockpit designs.

So thanks for that information.

Also Bushwacker and Cockpit ... yeah ... puns intended maybe?

"Feeder fish to beat and to fight back against big fish," is a great analogy of CW pugs vs CW 12 mans. Thanks Alex.

Edited by clownwarlord, 29 May 2015 - 01:55 AM.

#165 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:41 AM

Now living. And good to know that like what they do. The idea of the mech champions are only ones in its design and good, for it pays to have them still lack something that drawings. When we have new weapons. I'm waiting for the "Heavy Machineguns." ;)

#166 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:18 AM

After reading all the Tina is cute and other, mid life crisis comments, I'm fairly confident, what will be asked for, as the next cockpit item.

Now a sensible question.

As this is a Vlog involving the mech 3d modellers, and the resistance weekend possibly giving a vote to decide its next, champion mech.

With the shift to designing champions and packs, does this mean we will not see a hero variant of the Wolverine, or Thunderbolt.

Edited by Cathy, 29 May 2015 - 02:23 AM.

#167 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:45 AM

Now, I love these and I think they definitely have a place and I'm a sucker for such content. Much respect to the guys working there - but the only useful information that I got out of this is that 1. Alex likes crab claws. 2. We share a love for crab mechs. 3. Tina may be a likeable character but she seems to not know even basic things about the game or the atmoshpere around it and she's heading the role of Community Manager. These things don't add up for me.

I'm not saying I would do a better job of it - but I feel incredibly compelled to go over there and try to help them out for the production quality of these videos. In fact I'm 100% sure that most people were cringing at this and were thinking just the same things.

Still, i would like to see as much video content as possible. It would be a terrible mistake to give the impression of a sinking boat right as CW is supposed to be receiving its vital new features.

#168 3CLIPZ3

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:50 AM

Sorry but to be honest, I was constantly checking how much longer the vid was hoping I would hear more interesting details like outstanding matters currently in the game, future plans etc... I prefer the previous format better. It was not at all informative and it felt like they didn't even know much about the game itself.

The video is suppose to be about "The past, present, and future" as it was originally quoted to be. The video needs to be enticing, if it was 15mins would have been fine. Tina I know you are new to PGI but you could better connect with us if you knew more about the game at least.

Edited by 3CLIPZ3, 29 May 2015 - 03:02 AM.

#169 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:55 AM

I want that Commando and that Raven!!!!

nothing else matters....

#170 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:18 AM

Yeah... the video seemed very awkward. I actually skipped through a couple minutes just because I was hoping it got better later on.... but it didn't. Nothing against anybody, I support PGI and back it up with my wallet, but I would not want to watch another video like that again. I would share some constructive criticism but anything I want to say was already said by previous posters. There is some good feedback here that Tina could learn from to make a much better vlog next time. Minus all the "OMGACUTEGIRL!" comments there is some very useful things here, and I hope Tina reads it and learns from it.

#171 capt hungry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:54 AM

View Postxengk, on 28 May 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

ALL MY WANT
Posted Image

Follow this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...guards-colours/

There is also a Centurion and a Dragon model. Such awesomeness must be made available to us plebes! I would happily purchase a Centurion if it were available.

Oh, the vlog..........I want to see the Mechfighter game in action. But, I thought that the format of the vlog was a nice change. Its the first one, and I'm sure that they'll improve as they get more comfortable. I think just a touch more organization before filming would be good.

Looking forward to seeing what the Bushwacker is going to look like. B)

Edited by capt hungry, 29 May 2015 - 06:56 AM.

#172 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:04 AM

Ok, you asked for feedback on the new "format".

I don't like it. Sorry. Just being honest. It was a very painful 15mins. The format of the previous Devlogs was entertaining and informative, but it WAS nice to see some behind-the-scenes faces and hear what they enjoy about their jobs.

In my opinion, perhaps add a segment like this INTO the previous vlog format. (maybe 5 mins worth, not 15)
Also, the interviewer shouldn't need a hand-held mic in this day and age, and she should at least pretend to know a little more about the game she's interviewing about.

Edited by SICk Nick, 29 May 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#173 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:05 AM

View Postcapt hungry, on 29 May 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

Looking forward to seeing what the Bushwacker is going to look like. B)

Got about 4-5 year wait then.... depending on if PGI are running us at 3048 or 3049 :D

the 'wacker is first fielded around 3053

#174 capt hungry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:12 AM

Yeah, I forget sometimes that we're following some semblance of a timeline. I'd settle for some concept art though.

#175 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:19 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 28 May 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

stuff

Maybe you aren't aware, but as a community manager, some of us would like to see you taking a more active role in the community, come talk to us, see how we are doing , how we feel about the progress of MW:O

I dunno, I just hear the title "Community Manager" and I, among others, think that means you are going to be more visible and active within our community.

#176 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:22 AM

Not so much interesting information!

I prefer something like the NGNG videos about patch changes - simple, short, concentrated on the important things !

#177 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:52 AM

Was oke, a bit long with the normal conv.

A crude timeline description would be oke.
And a bit more contrasting insights

#178 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:55 AM

View Postchewie, on 29 May 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

Got about 4-5 year wait then.... depending on if PGI are running us at 3048 or 3049 :D

the 'wacker is first fielded around 3053

We are in 3052 so it is very possible the Bushwacker will be in the next pack after Resistance 2.

FYI guys, all of the compliments to Tina come off as a little creepy... keep that in mind, you are all just dudes on the internet.

#179 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:25 AM

a community manager does not necessarily have to be a mwo fan since the 80s, gj tina

a day in pgi office, a good start

#180 Dermot Von Jankmon

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostThe Ripper13, on 28 May 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

I have a question for Lisa.
If my Dire Wolf has these badass NOS tanks in it why does it go so slow? :)

Posted Image

Because Nitrous Oxide is for combustion engines not for nuclear reactors like what a mech is powered by....Learn 2 Lore newb :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users