#121 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

Very cool!

Enjoyed the new format and the info you guys shared!

#122 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:11 PM

View PostThe Ripper13, on 28 May 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

I have a question for Lisa.
If my Dire Wolf has these badass NOS tanks in it why does it go so slow? :)

Posted Image

Yeah? Well the Urbanmech has NOS, AND caffeine tanks, and it still goes 34kph :P So quit complaining!

Also... what the hell is with the gas bags on the far sides of the King Crab Cockpit? And why does my King Crab need so many arrow keys? XD

#123 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:19 PM

Ok.. Tina is just too adorable...and seemingly nervous in front of that camera. lol

Also, the arcade.. the statues... to quote Queen:

I want it all!
I want it all!
And I want it NOW!

Making me jealous. I wish I worked there. I have the 3D skillz but would involve moving to another country which I'm far from willing to do right now. Too bad PGI wasn't based in the US.

PS: Love to know where you obtained those statues. I would totally commission a Timberwolf one.

Edited by Sevronis, 28 May 2015 - 05:24 PM.

#124 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

Tina Benoit stole the show <3 :wub:

Alex: Probably the King Crab. Just nice and wide visibility, and I can see the claws when I keep spamming the door open and close button. I usually at the start of a match just start facing people and... /clackity claw gesture... really fast.

Yeah, sometimes I forget to fire at the enemy when I do this... :ph34r:

Edited by White Bear 84, 28 May 2015 - 05:24 PM.

#125 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:40 PM

Hmmmm ... looks like they got Tina so that you guys wont go all MWO Forum Troll on her.

#126 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:42 PM

View PostBombadil, on 28 May 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

Yay for Tina, Lisa and Alex being brave and being the first back in front of the camera for the revitalization of the Dev Vlogs! It's a lot harder to do, and to seem comfortable doing it, than people think. Especially when you're a developer and not an entertainer by trade.

This is just the beginning (well a 2nd beginning of sorts), and each Vlog will get better as we go and get more experience with the new casual and conversational format, which I agree is much better.

And yes, we will be having other devs, other departments, and more sneak peeks & reveals in the Vlogs as we progress as well. Remember though, these are for getting to know the devs and the people behind the game, and getting a look behind-the-scenes at PGI, and are not meant to take the place of the Weekend Updates or Town Hall meetings, where some sneak peeks & reveals are more appropriate.

Currently our goal is to do two Dev Vlogs a month, so we're already working on the next one!

I will hold you too that Bombadil, two a month not one every month or one every 7 months!

#127 S Phoenix

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:45 PM

View PostMhuur, on 28 May 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

This was mildly painful...
I'm not sure if this was supposed to be banter, or an actual interview. It felt very disorganized, and seemed to suffer from a lack of preparation.
It also seems Tina cares little, or knows little about the actual mechs, and the design aspects of the company, though I can't fault her entirely, as she's a community manager.

Harsh criticisms, and I apologize for that, but there is room for improvement.

I second this opinion. It may be harsh but unfortunately this is the reality. If you are going to be doing this:

1) You have to know Mechwarrior & Battletech or at least sound like you know a bit. You are an employee of PGI, making a game that people respect. If you don’t know Mechs, you shouldn’t be running the interview.

2) Lisa & Alex (& the rest of the Devs) are professionals doing a great job. So please showcase them with some professionalism. Put some effort in preparing the questions and where they lead to. They are fun people too I’m sure but we respect them for their professionalism and what they put into the game.

3) Content: They have concepts in their brains that we are interested in. Ideas they contemplate for the next Mechs…We would like to know MORE of these things. More on the next developments at PGI, Gamemodes, Mechlab UI..CW updates.
Yes – Lisa did talk about where she starts with the design – DC-7, great cockpit. Elaborating on the Urbie…. Good stuff – we want more of that in a Dev log, not the “HR” stuff.

4) Be mindful of what you say: You don't "become a mech" but you’d pilot one. Mechs are not “cute”, they are meant to be war machines. “Bushwacker” is not a funny name - It’s a respected mech and a lot of us are looking forward to it. Light Mechs: “a racecar” “if you are not actually fighting, you are using it for…<<whatever the 2 fingers handsign meant>>”. Light mechs have an important role in the game. “How often do you play MechwarriorS?” Its MWO – not “Mechwarriors”
- These I find borderline disrespectful to the community/players. We know it’s just a game, please don’t patronize us.

I realize that I might be harsh on my words above and I do apologize if it’s hurtful. But this is the kind of PR that gets PGI a bad image and disenchants the community (At least those that see beyond the looks of Tina). So please, take this as constructive criticism & do something about it.

Edited by Samurai Phoenix, 28 May 2015 - 11:58 PM.

#128 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:55 PM

View PostAppogee, on 28 May 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

Is that Mechwarrior Fighter arcade machine in the background real?!

EDIT: With buttons labelled 'punch' and 'kick', I guess not :(

Also defend button.

Melee and Knockdown confirmed. :D

#129 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:04 PM

Tina, I agree with many, here, you are lovely.

I like the new format to the VLOG, and I hope you will have these in various rooms around PGI, out in Vancouver, etc.

However, I would like to advise you to do two things, please?

1) Get that voice up... it's already been asked if you're not an anime character, and I have to admit to thinking along the same lines... you're too cute... bulk up the voice, speak stronger and more clearly, find your confidence. Talk to George Ledoux and ask him if he might help you to do that, please? This community is absolutely obsessed with this amazing voice actor, and I think he might be able to help you with these things I've mentioned.

2) Learn BattleTech... not just what PGI is doing, but get reading on the actual history, lore, rules, and sources of the game. I'm sorry, young lady, but it's depressingly obvious that you have zero knowledge of BattleTech, and in THIS community, that's a major mistake. Now, if you want to set time for a game at a local store, let me know... I'm 111 miles South of where you are, in Everett, Washington. I have a Battalion's worth of mini's, though they are woefully unpainted, some of them in sad disrepair, I'm afraid, but for a couple of 'Mechs each on the field, it would be easy to get some sheets printed out and go play.

At the same time, I would be happy to give you a general rundown of what made -for me, at least- BattleTech what it is. If you see the basis of what MWO is built around, perhaps it would help inform what you know of MWO, as well.

These are not criticisms, these are meant to be constructive in nature, and now that I've been able to put a face with the name, I welcome you, again, to the community.

#130 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

This whole thread is an embarrassing plethora of fawning by single guys.

Can we just start over? The world?

#131 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

I have a cockpit question or two ...

Why are there so many buttons in my cockpit? I think I only need like what 5 or 6. I evidently need a zoom button, an airstrike and uav button, tactical overlay button, on/off switch ... that is about it.

Same thing with the monitors ... if they cant connect to anything why are they in there?

I'd like to hear that more than how you play the game 4 or 5 times a week. Or that you think that the Shadowcat is cute and cuddly.

#132 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:26 PM

Dear alex.

I humbly have 2 requests:

1- please have a word with the modelers and animators and convince them to redo everything model/animation related for clan wave 1(the direwolf specially). Your awesome concepts are way above and beyond the in game models. You are the ONLY person generating income for PGI, so your words have some weight. tell them you will stop doing concepts if they don't do it. :P

2- please design the dynamic weapon mounts yourself. dont leave it to the modelers. ( A revisit to the timberwolf's missile racks )

Edited by Navid A1, 28 May 2015 - 09:07 PM.

#133 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:34 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 28 May 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Talk to George Ledoux and ask him if he might help you to do that, please? This community is absolutely obsessed with this amazing voice actor, and I think he might be able to help you with these things I've mentioned.

Imagine if Vlogs could be done by him himself... damn...why we cant have nice things..!

#134 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:54 PM

after watching that video...damn do I feel old....

but I still enjoyed it.

#135 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:55 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 28 May 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

This whole thread is an embarrassing plethora of fawning by single guys.

Can we just start over? The world?
While I agree with you that many of these, perhaps even including mine -though I'm proceeding from the basis of a 44-year-old man with no interest in someone so obviously young-, could be taken as creepy, were I in her place, I would take these as compliments, not stalker-ments, hehe. Relax.

If all of the people in this thread were to join the developers, and the community manager, in another launch party event or convention, of some type, all of these folks would likely be gentlemen, or too afraid to go and have a conversation with a lovely young woman, or both. Just give Tina time to find her feet, become inculcated to the community and the overall game, find her comfort level, and she'll become either the little sister or the strong leader she's in the business to become, or both, and then she'll have a bunch of big brothers and sisters and truly be one of us. I'm looking forward to that time.

By the way... if you're embarrassed by what many of us have written/observed -and, this is a rhetorical question, meaning it requires NO answer-, then what are YOUR feelings? Remember, it's always the quiet ones, the ones who find some things objectionable, that you have to worry about. :P

Edited by Kay Wolf, 28 May 2015 - 08:56 PM.

#136 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:55 PM

Sweet!

And on my own little tangent, I'd love to see the Commando get a tweaked Cockpit in the future so that would fit a bit better inside it's head, meaning more centered than how it's currently favoring the left side:

Posted Image

#137 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:00 PM

I'm just kind of disappointed because compared to previous Dev Vlogs and Town Halls, nothing of substance that we didn't already know was even discussed. Cool. We know what a couple devs personal preferences are when it comes to mechs. New pilot model, neat, but that was already said before.

What about new game modes? Is there anything they can say about the rumor of possible PvE by the end of the year? Any more news on the tutorial missions? New maps? Stuff that ramps up to the Steam release? Ect?

What's the point of having something like this if you aren't going to be bringing new information to the community?

Edited by AdultPuppetShow, 28 May 2015 - 09:04 PM.

#138 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:11 PM

View PostAdultPuppetShow, on 28 May 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

What about new game modes? Is there anything they can say about the rumor of possible PvE by the end of the year? Any more news on the tutorial missions? New maps? Stuff that ramps up to the Steam release? Ect?

none of that is up to the people that were interviewed. they talked about the subjects those two work on.

and as has already been said, those things are more for town halls and the weekend updates.

#139 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:14 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 28 May 2015 - 09:11 PM, said:

none of that is up to the people that were interviewed. they talked about the subjects those two work on.

and as has already been said, those things are more for town halls and the weekend updates.

Then my basic sentiment still stands. What was the point of this vlog?

Edited by AdultPuppetShow, 28 May 2015 - 09:14 PM.

#140 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:24 PM

View PostAdultPuppetShow, on 28 May 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

Then my basic sentiment still stands. What was the point of this vlog?

to meet the devs.

View PostBombadil, on 28 May 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

And yes, we will be having other devs, other departments, and more sneak peeks & reveals in the Vlogs as we progress as well. Remember though, these are for getting to know the devs and the people behind the game, and getting a look behind-the-scenes at PGI, and are not meant to take the place of the Weekend Updates or Town Hall meetings, where some sneak peeks & reveals are more appropriate.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users