146 replies to this topic

#1 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:50 PM

Hello MechWarriors!

We've been a little quiet lately on the suggestions topic threads and so we'd really like to change this!

Each week (before event planning) I'll hop on in here to take a look at your event suggestions, take some of your popular awesome ideas and also your feedback about our past events, and bring them to the planning meetings!

Please keep in mind when you post your ideas that events should be a bit challenging to keep it rewarding in the end!

If there are specific event ideas that we know cannot be done due to any obstacle, we will let you know to prevent repeated requests!

Another note: Sometimes someone on the team will have an event already in mind for that specific week, so please do not be upset if you find that some events are not related to a suggestion found here.

Thank you!

#2 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:37 PM

I really like these weekly events, keep up the good work.

My suggestion:
After a while Resistence II is out, you can make a CW event ("IS Resistance Event"), with the mechs for both Resistance packs (like you did the Clan Invasion last week).

Also, any events that give variants (specially the unreleased ones) are terrific. There are still some missing variants, like: Commando COM-1C, Hunchback HBK-4N, Dragon DRG-1G, Cataphract CTF-3L, Cicada CDA-3F, JagerMech JM6-B, Stalker STK-3Fb, Blackjack BJ-2, several Locusts, Kintaro KTO-19b, Shadow Hawk SHD-2HB, Wolverine WVR-7M, Wolverine WVR-7D, Griffin GRF-1E, Griffin GRF-1DS, Thunderbolt TDR-7M, Victor VTR-9A, Victor VTR-9A1, Firestarter F59-S1, Banshee BNC-3MC, Banshee BNC-5S. (the CDA-3F, BJ-2 and BNC-5S are in the list on the assumption we are already in 3053 - because of Tukayyid, you know...)

Edited by Odanan, 14 June 2015 - 03:22 AM.

#3 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:04 PM

MORE CW EVENTS PLEASE!

Maybe an event for conquest/assault mode? Winning teams on those circumstances get the points... Maybe it sparks the team work on pugland a little!

#4 Lamblaska

• Pip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 19 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:22 AM

It's really nice you're putting effort to listen to the players lately,

About the events, most of them are based on points, or basically, damage/kills/assists, or simply the generic match result score (usually 30 for public drops, 80 for CW). And I think that would be really interesting if PGI starts to try something out of the box. Like:

-Events that you have to make X components destruction.
-Events about spot and indirect fire.
-Events about stealth (killing your enemies when you're out of his cockpit sight.
-Events that you have to win the match in half of less than the usual time (specially CW).
-Events that stimulate the unit drops (at least 2 units players, more points with more players at the same time).
-Weapons party (some weapon type per event, like the gauss weekend of the machine gun weekend).
I'll not suggest rewards, that's on you guys.

About the events feedback:

I really like them, because they always bring more players in, and it also help to get a thing or two on your cockpit or mechlab. But, sometimes they're too exhausting, making you play like hell on a weekend, and not playing for two weeks after that.

Edited by Lamblaska, 31 May 2015 - 05:27 AM.

#5 ShadowStealer

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 14 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:51 AM

An idea that my unit has been doing a couple times of year is the stock 3025 matches. Any mech variant and tech from the 3025 TRO is eligible, the catch is, it has to be completely stock: weapons and their placement, ammo amount, single heat sinks, standard armor etc. I am unsure if that is even a feasible idea (trying to setup a system that verifies that information prior to match for scoring would probably be a pain to tackle), but we always have alot of fun getting back to the "roots" of battletech.
Also, would like to see an event where you drop in a lance (4) mechs, and each person has to be in 1 of the different classes 1light/1medium/1heavy/1assault. A sort of lance level teamwork event. the LFG tab would also allow solo players to still achieve the rewards.
I think a capture the flag weekend would be fun, hopefully simple addition to the skirmish gamemode. Have a "flag" at center point of map, then use the "base" markers from assault/conquest and get points for killing the carrier, defending the carrier, scoring with the flag, etc.
Whenever you guys get "a few minutes" please setup a Solaris mode and leaderboards. Would be awesome, just saying. :rolleyes:

#6 bossclan

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIndiana United States

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

A "stock" mech mode would be easy to do ,simply make those 3025 TRO mechs a category of their own and give them a variant tag like a ST variant and make that one locked in the mechbay so it cannot be changed in any way.
Then it would be like clan mechs with their locked components but the entire mech is that way.
After doing that you could have an event that uses only the locked 3025 TRO mechs with the ST variant tag.
In the mechbay a window could be added for the stock mechs like the one with champion mechs,this could start an entirely new series of collecting in our mechbays as we get our stock mech stable built for the events.

#7 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:55 AM

I would love to play stock matches, put I hope during an event like that, PGI makes the heat sink, armor and structure upgrade/downgrade free. (the heat sink is specially expensive)

#8 Naseldrip

Rookie

• The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:36 AM

I would like to be able to see how my score for each game breaks down.

#9 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

Greetings all,

Suggesting an event that occurs in or on a specific location that is heavy with solar activity or native ECM from the Atmosphere or Planet itself.

- This would have the effect of 'randomly or fully' blocking targeting systems, Enemy 'Mech info, disrupting any ECM 'Mechs to the point of no ECM, and causing false or lost locks for missiles systems.
- Enemy/ Friendly identification spotty at best and requiring 'solid intel.' (300 to 400mtrs) before you should shoot at a 'Mech.
- This event should also block or stop the use of Arty and Aerospace elements and shoots.

* Basically chaos on the Battlefield and a rethink of what systems and weapons you'll need to be successful.*

The Pilots would require manual skill and targeting to be successful, as automated systems would or could fail at any moment, if they work at all.
Call the event, "Back to Basics"

Just a suggestion,
- good luck in finding the right ideas, Tina

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 31 May 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#10 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:56 AM

Nice, thank you PGI!

#11 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostAnarcho, on 30 May 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

MORE CW EVENTS PLEASE!

Agreed!

#12 PremithiumX

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 61 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

How about leaderboard events that take in the whole of your match score, instead of Kills + Assits + Damage?
While it's great to go bash heads in it's better to act as a cohesive teammate and get the win.

In regards to rewards: less consumable packs, more C-Bills

Also, stock mode: YES!

#13 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:38 PM

One skill that most players lack, the judicious use of UAV. That skill needs an event. A single good UAV placement wins games. Forgetting to shoot Uav loses games...these skills make fine teammates.

#14 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

Tournament reward idea: Colors - special event color

Edited by MechregSurn, 02 June 2015 - 04:36 PM.

#15 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

tournament achievement reward idea: Complete the tournament get a gift code. This would allow winners to be generous or make private tournaments to distribute the big prize.

#16 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:19 AM

I had an idea for a mainly CW event. Basically, people get improved rewards for using mechs that belong to their faction. This'd also have the 80 match score req. To get points towards mostly faction based rewards.
http://mwomercs.com/...ion-mech-event/

#17 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

Here's an idea - Trial of Trials event!

Make an event that rewards players that play ONLY Trial mechs.

For Solo and pug drops, only trial mechs.. standard 30 match score
For CW, whole dropdeck trial mechs only - 80 match score

Solo and Group que rewards - give c-bills, GXP, MC, Cockpit items, and as the main reward for 20 points, Choice of one mech from the trial mechs list.

CW Rewards - give c-bills, GXP, MC, Cockpit items, and as the main reward for 20 points - choice of one mech NOT on the trial mechs list.

Also, upon achieving 20 points in either CW or PUG drops, get the right to vote on the next batch of trial mechs to replace the current one..

Edited by Vellron2005, 15 June 2015 - 05:47 AM.

#18 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:36 PM

♪ I, I will be pug

And you, you will be team

Hey why are you going that way?

We can beat them, just don't go AFK

We can be Heroes, just stay out of my way ♪

we can be heroes tournament

nice and fitting poetry depicting truly the way many pug matches go. thumbs up. i got a smile on my face reading this, because i do a lot of pug matches in CW where this is extreme.

#19 Mr Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 141 posts
  • LocationIn a Shadowhawk

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

No more hero events. I'm sorry I may just have the luck of court jester who disappointed the king but every time an chassis specific event happens it seems everyone on my team seems to turn into care bears and then it seems that we end upfighting the Comguards. Yeah....guess how that normally goes.

#20 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

Tina, I'm not certain what to think about the Summer Heat event. Is the staff trying distract us with free stuff until they can deal with immediate problems like....OOOH, I got an ice cream sundae! That's going in my Hero 'Mech!

Sorry, l forget where I was going with this. Maybe it will come back to me next week, after things cool off.

Thanks for sorting through this jumble and sifting out the good ideas!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users