We Love Your Ideas And Feedback!

146 replies to this topic

#61 Lil Thumper

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

Along with the current weekly events, I would like to see a monthly event for folks that are not able to participate every weekend(due to work and real life). Perhaps something along the lines of the current events with the goals increased and reward(s) increased.

For example:
Monthly CW challenge event: Code name Faction reaper

100 kills in CW for the month?
Complete 100 scouting missions with a match score of ?
Damage dealt
50 kills in a medium mech
50 kills in a light mech
50 kills in a heavy mech? etc..(hopefully you get the idea or point I'm trying to make)

Possible rewards for completing a monthly challenge:
New title(The Reaper)
Choice of a new mech or mech bay(s)
Special colors or patterns only available for that event.

With the possibility to earn a major reward and cbill bonus for completing all 12 of the monthly events at the end of the year.

Just a thought..

#62 The Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:13 AM

I'd actually like to see a modification or two of the current personal challenge weekly events.

The two modifications I'd like to see is an additional prize for completing all of the personal challenges. Nothing large but perhaps a day of banked premium time (or active). Something that gives motivation to complete everything.

And on top of that I'd like to see a potential tiered system: the current challenges are tier one. If completed by a certain point (by Saturday night perhaps) then it unlocks another level of challenges. Something more challenging or CW related. The player would get the bonus (mentioned above) for completing the first tier of challenges and then if the second tier is completed by the end of the event they receive something rare: Supply Cache key, paint job, paint color.

So Personal Challenge would be:
20 Kills Most Damage Dealt
5 Victories
15000 XP
40 Kill Assists
5000 Damage
3500 Match Score
2,000,000 C-Bills

For completing these challenges by Midnight on Saturday you receive one day of banked premium time and unlock the second tier of goals
Play 4 Scouting Missions
Play 2 Invasion Missions
Win 2 Scouting Missions
Win 1 Invasion Mission
Collect 8 Intel
Get 10 Kills Most Damage Dealt in Invasion

By completing the new challenges prior to the end of the event (on Monday by 10am) the player receives a (randomly chosen) New paint color, new paint job, or (once available and most rarely) a supply cache key.

Just looking for a way to expand the challenges and make them more interesting.

View PostLil Thumper, on 24 May 2016 - 06:57 PM, said:

Along with the current weekly events, I would like to see a monthly event for folks that are not able to participate every weekend(due to work and real life). Perhaps something along the lines of the current events with the goals increased and reward(s) increased.

For example:
Monthly CW challenge event: Code name Faction reaper

100 kills in CW for the month?
Complete 100 scouting missions with a match score of ?
Damage dealt
50 kills in a medium mech
50 kills in a light mech
50 kills in a heavy mech? etc..(hopefully you get the idea or point I'm trying to make)

Possible rewards for completing a monthly challenge:
New title(The Reaper)
Choice of a new mech or mech bay(s)
Special colors or patterns only available for that event.

With the possibility to earn a major reward and cbill bonus for completing all 12 of the monthly events at the end of the year.

Just a thought..

Monthly and daily challenges would be great. Perhaps with a cumulative award. Say if you complete every monthly challenge for the year you receive a mech. If you complete every daily challenge in a month you receive a c-bill bonus.

Just would like to see more incentive.

#63 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

BRING BACK OUR GAME MODE CONTROL.... I refuse to spend a penny on anything until this is done.

#64 Nothar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 123 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:53 PM

This event has been a huge success, FP has been continuously active all hours across the globe. Do what it takes to keep the ball rolling!!!! please extend the event, and make up some new goals! absolutely stoked, more invasion and scouting events!!! Or maybe a load of achievements for invasion and scouting mode.

#65 Mr Pockets

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 21 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn that bastardly Spider

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:37 PM

this event blows. You have a bunch of clan mediums vs what you wanted to be IS Lights, and it's nothing more than a cesspool of medium brawls. there's no real scouting anywhere. Especially since you have what 80% of IS Lights WORTHLESS CHASSIS these days.....

Admit it, You pansies are terrified of buffing lights.

#66 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:01 AM

View PostMr Pockets, on 04 July 2016 - 11:37 PM, said:

Admit it, You pansies are terrified of buffing lights.
Oh, so what you're saying is... since Light's are finally coming into being manageable and no longer so OP they rule our virtual battlefields, that you're going to QQ over it?

The problem has always been that Light's are the best killers on the battlefield, and PGI have been busting their asses to find a proper mixture of abilities for them, but since there's not one military bone among them they couldn't possibly understand what that means. So, their only recourse was to buff certain things on other 'Mechs and nerf certain things on Light 'Mechs to make them competitive, and not the absolute kings of the battlefield, an honor which SHOULD have been reserved for Assault 'Mechs, period.

PGI are not terrified of buffing Lights... Light 'Mechs have been a scourge in this game since the beginning, and it's actually been posited that PGI love Light 'Mechs over all other classes for the longest time. So, take your crying somewhere else, learn to play through the difficulties of the class and ONLY comment on this subject here, again, if and/or when it becomes an actual problem.

Good day.

#67 Mr Pockets

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 21 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn that bastardly Spider

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:53 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 05 July 2016 - 08:01 AM, said:

Oh, so what you're saying is... since Light's are finally coming into being manageable and no longer so OP they rule our virtual battlefields, that you're going to QQ over it?

The problem has always been that Light's are the best killers on the battlefield, and PGI have been busting their asses to find a proper mixture of abilities for them, but since there's not one military bone among them they couldn't possibly understand what that means. So, their only recourse was to buff certain things on other 'Mechs and nerf certain things on Light 'Mechs to make them competitive, and not the absolute kings of the battlefield, an honor which SHOULD have been reserved for Assault 'Mechs, period.

PGI are not terrified of buffing Lights... Light 'Mechs have been a scourge in this game since the beginning, and it's actually been posited that PGI love Light 'Mechs over all other classes for the longest time. So, take your crying somewhere else, learn to play through the difficulties of the class and ONLY comment on this subject here, again, if and/or when it becomes an actual problem.

Good day.

These best killers on the battlefield are very limited yet. you dont see much at all variety of lights out there, that being simply because there arent a lot of them worth even piloting.

You missed the point here going off about butthurt i believe stemmed from the days of bad hitboxes with spiders. But what I mentioned was the light mechs have very few chassis in comparison to all other weight classes worth even using. That is where the problem lies, as these quirks applied to the Locust showed pilots that PGI can buff lights by TAILORING TO THE NEEDS OF THE MECH CHASSIS. "Military Bone" need not exist. it merely takes someone knowing the properties of the mech and giving that a boost.

If they did more boon gains like that to other chassis, then other lights could emerge from the depths of their mech bays and be fun yet again. That's the problem. and thats what I said PGI is scared to buff lights about.

So rant more, bro,
Good Day

(Also no mech deserves to be the King. dont be dumb)

#68 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:47 AM

Lights were NOT OP before the rescale. Definitely not. It was only the Oxide that was dominating.

#69 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:46 AM

View PostMr Pockets, on 05 July 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

... blah blah blah, I can't do with my Light 'Mech what I used to, blah, blah, blah...(Also no mech deserves to be the King. dont be dumb)
Go play Hawken or Heavy Gear, BRO! This game is supposed to be based on BattleTech, not on super-powerful anime mecha. Thanks.

View PostKeshav Murali, on 06 July 2016 - 05:47 AM, said:

Lights were NOT OP before the rescale. Definitely not. It was only the Oxide that was dominating.
Lights are still OP, a great deal OP, but they're far more manageable than they used to be.

#70 Joshua Jay Rodenbaugh

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA, NE

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

New bug with the latest Updates / patch for the "Viper"
I cant buy new Omnipods for any of my Vipers.
I can remove them and they show up in the Ominpods Tab of the MeckLab, but the DropDown tabs named "Head" ect are not there by default, just a blank Tab.
https://scontent-ord...991139781_o.jpg

#71 tripcat1021

• Pip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUS - Kentucky

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:18 AM

Thank you PGI - Love the personal event and challenges. Keep them up it draws in players and sets goals. Love challenging myself and working with others.

Keep up the good work and ideas.

#72 Dream Reaver

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:08 PM

I wanted to thank you for the latest event (Stranger Things inspired theme event). It is a clear departure from the previous events, with a vary similar structure of rewards for damage dealt and kills amassed. I think it takes you a giant step forward in making the game more fun for everyone. IMO, the previous events all started to feel the same...and led all too often to people grinding toward a personal goal at the expense of the team (hunting for Kills Most Damage Dealt instead of capping in non-Skirmish for example).

So, I was pleased to see the latest event plug rewards for a variety of activities and tactics, and hope to see this trend continue. In particular, I was happy to see rewards that encourage new players to learn the game (use your 3rd person view/toggle your ECM) and actively reward teamwork (use of TAG/NARC and lance in formation).

My 2 cents...enjoy your holiday weekend and happy hunting!
DR

#73 Capitalism Kills Our Future

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:55 AM

3rd Person view is bugged. LRM locks get lost, inspite of clear sight at the non ecm shielded target. Sometimes pushing Overridebutton doesn´t work. Playing without map makes effective tactical decisions impossible. No seismic, no map=easy kill for lights that go for your rear armor. And worst of all: I had 2 matches with a kill, started in 3d Personview (activ. over menu-not in game) , team won, didnt count for event. Why ? I´m done with this event, too much "things" that aren´t fun, just boring, dumb work. (why "force" people to play with narc and tag, if they don´t want to ?)

Besides its not a good idea, to "force" people in 3d person view, because this weakens the teambalance even more. (ok some guys might argue, that there is no balance, but so its even worse)

On the other hand, it´s good that PGI tries something new, regarding events.
My résumé: Please never do this 3rd person thing again.

Edited by Capitalism Kills Our Future, 06 September 2016 - 01:58 AM.

#74 Capitalism Kills Our Future

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:47 AM

I tried again that 3rd person thing today. Played with my hellbr., 3rd person activated in the menu (not ingame and i didn´t turn it off) got 3 kills and won the match. But it didn´t count. Why ?

Edited by Capitalism Kills Our Future, 07 September 2016 - 05:52 AM.

#75 Ardent Haste

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTx

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:42 PM

Love the events. Great timining with new releases etc and it does keep up the for new players. One suggestion I'd have it s offer a few more sales in the are of XP to GXP conversion. I thinkg it's been about 5 months or so since the last one. Maybe even a way to exchange XP for GXP with MC - say 200 to 1 or somthing. Don't mind the MC cost, but 25 to 1 gets pretty expensive real quick.

#76 Furball72

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 06:05 PM

Just a thought on the ultimate rewards on the current event "Operation Frontline"

There is a clear bias in favor of the Clan-affiliated players...
Here's the issue, despite the inherent advantages of using Clantech:
- The goals for Clanners in this event are all the same as the IS-affiliated players, and the basic rewards are worth the same, even though Clantech makes it easier these goals easier to achieve
- Their ultimate reward, being easier to achieve because of the advantages of Clantech, is worth 7200 MC, which is a whopping 2685 MC MORE than the ultimate reward available for the IS players.

2685 MC is more than the number of MC that is received by making 2 $6.95 USD MC purchases... and this event's rewards do NOTHING to address this imbalance.

Obviously, now that the event is running, it is too late to do anything about that, but PGI really needs to keep things fair and equitable with regards to affiliation-specific event rewards, or observant players are going to change allegiance in droves, which will massively affect game balance.

Edited by Furball72, 18 September 2016 - 06:08 PM.

#77 norokelt

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:41 AM

just leaving my 2cents here in case it will be lost in the threads history...

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/238683-colours-for-challenge-rewards-please/

#78 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:42 AM

My Suggestion is a lil bit simplier:

At he Moment i buy a new mech (currently the huntsman was delivered) and what happens thanks to an Event?
If you log into a game in a huntsman you get literraly ***** as soon as enemies see you - ok you can use it for baiting...
But be honest with yourself it is a stupid idea - we want to Pilot and skill new mechs not become victims of a gang ****!

In this Kind of target it is nearly impossible to see more than one huntsman in match an mostly it is the one you Pilot by yourself!

Do make Events that suit the new mechs and not make them to the target of the day!!!!!

Edited by Fireeagle, 22 October 2016 - 06:51 AM.

#79 Artannis Veritieri

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:00 PM

Looks like this was more the place to put this. Concerns only the setup of daily event goals that lack a buffer. A buffer being the amount of time you can miss before you can't fully complete it.

http://mwomercs.com/...ly-event-goals/

#80 Bullseye Bob

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:23 PM

Event Suggestion:

Since everyone has something that they want next to be on sale, why not put it to a vote?

A sale election event lasting one week:
- Each game with a match score over 80 would entitle the player to one vote.
- A max of 10 votes per day could be earned, with a cap of 50 for the week.
- The player could then cast their votes for what they want to be put on sale the following week: A mech weight class, mech bays, Hero's, cockpit items, modules, etc.
- Each X number of votes in each category would result in a percentage off that item the following week. For example, every X number of votes put toward Medium mechs would result in 5% off that category, with a cap of 40% (or so).
- A small reward is given for each 10 votes cast during the week.

This would result in increased activity during the week of voting and will likely result in some percentage off in every category (even if small). The sale in the following week would then increase spending and activity providing extended benefit to the event.

Oh, and if you want to provide some free Mech bays to the idea originator, that would be OK too.....Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users