#61 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 23 June 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

I haven't been on my unit's teamspeak server in 6 months, and I'm still part of the unit.

$%@^#% you Walker for breaking my streak.

#62 Soulscour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:15 AM

I'm currently solo. I'm not opposed to units and occasionally play with them. A lot of units switch around to different factions. I'm currently a IS player exclusively so that is a big reason not to join most units. Also I'm not a big fan of the CW. You get way less game time in CW. You get less game time when grouping at all period. There's always someone wanting to tweak something or forgetting to push the ready button. I've found that in the solo queue I tend to get good pairings with and against some of the best players in the game.

#63 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, theres no need to join a unit to play CW, and that's where the fun is. You get alot more game time in CW that normal queue, and you'll more often get folk willing to work together. I get alot more good games outta CW, than normal queue, and I've been in a unit of one most my time here.

~Leone, Raid Leader of the Crimson Hand.

#64 Erasmos

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:31 PM

I used to be in a unit, and occassionally group up, but I realized I have a lot more fun "role playing" in my own head, creating imaginary missions, imagining that each other pilot is a "real" squad mate, like a movie or something. (Makes losses much less infuriating, and the PUG mic chatter much more hilarious, when I imagine the StarFox-esque pilot characters that goes with their bitchy little voices.)

Unit play just isn't very well suited for this, usually.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users