Ghr 5P More Pay To Win And Pgi Money Scam.

Store

129 replies to this topic

#121 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:32 AM

View PostDuke Nedo, on 04 June 2015 - 12:23 AM, said:

Clans roamed free in total OP-ness for a long time, you're funny. I was there, I played them, I enjoyed them, and they were silly OP when they launched. I am pretty sure that the clan mechs nerf was delayed for a long time on purpose because they were afraid to nerf things that people just payed cash for. It was obvious from day 1 that the clan/IS balance was completely broken. So you simply can't use Clans launch as an example of cash-scam. No way. They even went with quirking IS as a means to balance things up before finally caving in to nerf TBR/SCR. It was a fail-launch of clans though, that is certain.

2nd. If you think TBR/SCR are now broken you need to play better.

3rd. None of the top dogs are currently behind a pay wall. None.

4th. If wave 3 is released as clearly OP, then PGI has done another fail launch. If they do that on purpose, then I'll agree they are scamming us. They should know better by now.

1. You obviously don't understand how a cash grab works then. they released them like that so people would jump on ship due to there OPness and lack of balance that should have been in the 1st place. To jump on ship then u needed $$$$ so you only proving my pt.

2. I've played the stormcrow for a long time and it still is quite powerful, it was only nerfed due to the new wave 3 mechs coming out. So yes they where broken and now been fixed up in time for the next wave of un blanced mechs that haven't had enough testing. aka another money grab, you know how OP the CB is gonna be, don't lie to yourself now. So again you lack the understanding to see how the cash grab works, the fact they waited till wave 3 was almost on us screams of it. To think otherwise your delusional.

3. The fact you mention the pay wall and none are behind now yet again confirms the cash grab as at 1 stage they where behind the pay wall while being OP thus i can understand why people cry pay2win. Is that really that hard to understand?

4. How can they not have been doing that on purpose?Neither you nor I can prove this but if it keeps being a pattern as with every pack launch then surely it must be on purpose, No one can be that stupid and be called out on it so numerous that if we counted the internet would crumble. So yeah either blind freddie is in charge or it's on purpose, you decide which.

#122 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:33 AM

I understand the world quite well thank you. I've seen a fair bit of it as well and lived rather long in it too, and doing very well if I can say so myself.

I can only say Meh.

Wave 1 was OP when launched, yes. It was the introduction of clan tech with some ambition of asymmetric balance.... TBH I had expected much worse than we got.

Wave 2 was Meh.

Resistance 1 was Meh.

Resistance 2 looks like a little less Meh but still mainly Meh.

Clan 3 looks like Hallelujah for the Arctic cheetah and Yay for the CB, but that is not proof for a conspiracy. CB could be as good as the TBR perhaps, but it all depends on hitboxes and which quirks it ships with, but I doubt it will be a better over all platform. Some interesting builds though so I am definitely looking forward to it! I expect it to be good, but not really PTW with Timber/Crow/Hellbringer already around for cbills.

If it had been the business idea of PGI to repeatedly do cash grabs they could have done so much better. If they are cash-grabbing wave 3 they just figured out how to do it, and they didn't do it yet because the quirks and hitboxes of wave 3 are not known yet. Wave 2, Resist 1 and 2 were just missed opportunities in that case, not very likely. The reinforcements are nothing one must have, and waiting time before released for cbills is not long. I'll get the GH, CTF and GRF and one or two pods but nothing I must have, and certainly not now.

And lets give PGI something: they have spent resources on improving old mechs with new geometry and quirks and rescaling hitboxes. Even if you hate the new geometries one has to be fair and acknowledge that this would be a complete waste of resources if you don't care about improving the game or care about its players but are only in it for grabbing cash. I can only conclude that they actually try. They don't do the best job at it all the time, that's painfully clear, but things are going in the right direction.

So sorry, I think we could have been much worse off. (or perhaps better off, if PGI had been more efficient in selling mechs perhaps we would have had a more developed game by now lol)

Edited by Duke Nedo, 04 June 2015 - 01:35 AM.

#123 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:14 AM

View Postthe wr3ck, on 03 June 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

[redacted]

Done here.

K. Bye

View PostDaZur, on 03 June 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Nice... Can't find a sympathetic ear so OP takes his toys and goes home

They are not his toys if he doesn't pay for them. ;)

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 04 June 2015 - 04:02 PM.

#124 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:19 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 03 June 2015 - 08:55 PM, said:

Me the past 5 pages:
Spoiler

Look man, you're getting too angry, too worked up, and too insulting. You're not going to have anyone see your point of view with that approach. The point of the discussion is that this mech is not OP, not even slightly. Yes, it has armor, and structure quirks. The LCT-3V has better armor and structure quirks than it does ffs. It's got decent laser quirks (not the best). It's a lanky chassis that is all torso. That means it's REALLY hard NOT to core it in the CT. It's arms are also crappy shields, and can't block 90% of incoming fire.
Actually to be insulting he would have to make us feel insulted. I have read some childish ranting, things my daughter used to do when she was like 6. But I have yet to read anything that I would consider insulting.

#125 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:23 AM

View PostDaZur, on 03 June 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Nice... Can't find a sympathetic ear so OP takes his toys and goes home

Forgot how when his argument falls apart, resorts to name calling.

Step 1 in how to win a debate.

#126 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:34 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 June 2015 - 02:19 AM, said:

Actually to be insulting he would have to make us feel insulted. I have read some childish ranting, things my daughter used to do when she was like 6. But I have yet to read anything that I would consider insulting.

I didn't want to use "impolite" because that would really make it seem like a 6 year old was involved in this.

#127 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:10 AM

I don't see a problem with new variants being good, if all new mechs released were p2w if they are good then by that logic PGI could never ever release any new top tier mechs for early access.

The new grasshopper IS very good though, best variant yet. I love mine and can't wait to master it. It doesn't actually make a better LPL hill peeker than the 5H, because the third hardpoint is in the middle and you can't use the hardpoints with big lasers without moving heatsinks to the arms, also the 5h has a heatgen quirk.

But the 5P makes an absolutely amazing medium pulse boat with std325, 8mpl,1jj and 19DHS. No equipment at all in arms or legs, can lose either ST while keeping 30dmg alpha. The row of torso lasers works as a shield for the CT when twisting, so it is much better at going zombie than other hoppers combined with dual zombie lasers. Runs 80+ kph. Can JJ spam in brawls. So. Much. Fun.

#128 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:20 AM

There are certainly huge advantages to be bought with cash in MWO. Most often this is MC only clan mechs. Yes paywalls are P2W, the 'cbill eventually' argument is ****, because it's still P2W up until the cbill release date. However, Im shocked and disappointed that a P2W thread about the hopper made it this far. Grasshoppers are pay to lose. Seriously, bring a TDR instead, unless you like pain, or inefficient-giant-alien-cyborg mechs.

Edited by LordBraxton, 04 June 2015 - 05:21 AM.

#129 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:04 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 03 June 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

stuff

Please tell me I'm a cynic and this really isn't PGI doing. An if it's not, can they flarkin next time realize this and do it different or there is gonna be always cries of pay2win.

stuff

So PGI has 2 choices. Make em DOA and never sell one (never seen one of those get the P2W tag) OR they are OP (and seen as P2W) ans sell good.

So what would be the solution. We know that most that are noted as "DOA" do not actually end up that way (again a perception thing) and also, as this thread shows yet again, the "P2W" tag is almost as much an imagined thing.

P.S. The Clans were supposed to be OP, way OP. Now, ffs, folks complain about how UP most of them are, or have become...

Glad I am not trying to please "everyone". Good luck to PGI on that ugly front. ;)

#130 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:03 PM

Cake is on the left folks, birds on the right, please feed the former to the latter on your way through the (locked) door.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 04 June 2015 - 04:04 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users