https://www.reddit.c...in_mech_select/

Icons for modules mounted...

#542 Adaram1090

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:08 AM

Going to say it: PvE. Given that there are times when only a handful of players are playing, PvE would be nice so that if it isn't a peak time, you can still play. For some of us, we don't get to play in the evenings or on weekends because those are the times when we work.

#543 Madrummer

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:15 AM

View PostAmodedomA, on 02 June 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

Folks,
I've been playing a Mechwarrior game on PC since they first came out. Bought and played all of them and I'm still playing MW4 Vengeance. I really thought the series was dead and only recently discovered MWO. Never was a fan of games that are server based, but the desire to continue to battle in a Mech is strong.
I haven't been here long but I am somewhat dismayed by the fact that the only way to develop skills is to go directly into combat. That's a steep learning curve, and though I'm gleaning what I can spectating, and watching training videos, I wish there were a bot based training series to acquire skills on before facing the experience hungry veterans. I don't mind being the little fish for a while, but the difference in skill levels is making it so I don't last long, ergo I don't learn much.
Still I like the game and it's server response, graphics and playability are great. I sincerely hope to dominate the game before losing interest due to the sensation of being an easy kill to keep the veterans fed.

I came up with an idea that I think you'd like. I'll link the thread so I don't take up too much room, here.
http://tinyurl.com/mwomissions

#544 CaptainNapalm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

SRM 2 Inferno. Make the srm's a bit more useful.

MW222; why would you want a tank when you can have a Battlemech? Go play armored warfare if you want a tank.

#545 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:45 PM

View PostCaptainNapalm, on 15 February 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

SRM 2 Inferno. Make the srm's a bit more useful.

MW222; why would you want a tank when you can have a Battlemech? Go play armored warfare if you want a tank.

NOT a tank but a Mech with two of those for feet.

Edited by MW222, 16 February 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#546 Wrinklz

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, U.S.A.

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:47 PM

I know this has been said many times before but I think the one thing that would reinvigorate this game the most is PvE. Specificity online, multiplier, cooperative story missions. Think episodic packs (4-6 missions each) where you group up into Lance's with your friends and clubmates and tackle various missions. It would be a good way to keep people who are not hyper competitive PvP'ers playing a game they love. It would also give devs a place to test new technology(ie. New weapons and tech) and make the idea of advancing the timeline less scary.

Mission packs could tell an ongoing story or they could skip around, each one taking place at different points in history. With varying levels of tech and access to different equipment and mech chassis.

I know it would be difficult given that there is basically no AI in the game currently. And I know they would be very buggy at first, but it would be amazing to saddle up my mechs with my friends and tear up some steal without some 16 ur old franticly typing a dissertation about the time he "rkt my mother".

Edited by Wrinklz, 15 February 2016 - 10:49 PM.

#547 Vastant

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:31 PM

Need to have more filters for clan or IS, in skills and especially shop. Having to scroll through so much when a simple filter would mean more game time....

#548 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:32 AM

Need a Quick Win with some players, PGI??? Try http://mwomercs.com/...e-pre-purchase/ !!! Posted Image

[Edit: Thread title is "Quick Win, Quick Fix -- Multiple Consumable Pre-Purchase", since I forgot earlier that this forum shortens links in a suspicious way.]

~D. V. "just wish you weren't truncating links too" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 17 February 2016 - 03:54 AM.

#549 Isaiah Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:06 AM

As an inner sphere pilot and an old battletech nerd, I find it appalling that in community warfare the battle values are way mismatched.
1. Clans should not bring 3 lances! They should bring 2 stars of 5 meks each. Inner sphere should continue to bring 3 lances of 4 meks each to balance things out.
2. Why are the dropships so wimpy?
3. Why does inner sphere not have any options to salvage clantech (possibly instead of 200,000 cbills, maybe let me get a couple clan erllasers?)
4. Cmon yall... clans are not just more powrful. Theyre overpowered.

#550 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostIsaiah Kell, on 17 February 2016 - 09:06 AM, said:

As an inner sphere pilot and an old battletech nerd, I find it appalling that in community warfare the battle values are way mismatched.
1. Clans should not bring 3 lances! They should bring 2 stars of 5 meks each. Inner sphere should continue to bring 3 lances of 4 meks each to balance things out.
2. Why are the dropships so wimpy?
3. Why does inner sphere not have any options to salvage clantech (possibly instead of 200,000 cbills, maybe let me get a couple clan erllasers?)
4. Cmon yall... clans are not just more powrful. Theyre overpowered.

What Isaiah Kell said! Posted Image

#551 Crimsonwolf911

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Alberta Canada

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:03 PM

Customizeable War-Horns

#552 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:22 AM

View PostCrimsonwolf911, on 17 February 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

Customizeable War-Horns

#553 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:02 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 18 February 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

View PostCrimsonwolf911, on 17 February 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

Customizeable War-Horns

Uhm... NO. JUST NO. And you can get different warhorns with different sounds anyway. Let's not try to sidestep PGI here, please. :angry:

~D. V. "I would consider hearing that junk in-game as a reportable offense." Devnull

#554 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:28 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 February 2016 - 03:02 AM, said:

Uhm... NO. JUST NO. And you can get different warhorns with different sounds anyway. Let's not try to sidestep PGI here, please. Posted Image

~D. V. "I would consider hearing that junk in-game as a reportable offense." Devnull

I was just showing an example of what just might be the no.1 troll warhorn in the game, should customizable warhorns become a thing. XD.

#555 Vastant

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:00 AM

Unit chat should be usable while doing other things, mechlab or shopping etc. not a separate window that stops you from doing anything else.

#556 OrphanKiller 26

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:40 AM

Any chance of getting the ability to change the color of the map locations. On the snow maps the locations are very hard to read on the mini map. The white letter/number blends right in with the map.

#557 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:18 AM

View PostOrphanKiller 26, on 22 February 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

Any chance of getting the ability to change the color of the map locations. On the snow maps the locations are very hard to read on the mini map. The white letter/number blends right in with the map.

Would be nice if they would just use a black semi-transparent backing on all labels, and made the label text itself use brighter shades of red and blue where team colors are used. :unsure:

~D. V. "Heck, maybe the Map Locations should be a Hard Yellow?" Devnull

#558 TTDeadsayer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:34 PM

During Drop Prep while waiting for everyone to click Ready, the mini map in the bottom left corner should indicate where your lance and the rest of your team is going to be dropped. That would be nice.

Also, at the end of any match, if there are only 1 or 2 mechs left on the losing team and the match is pretty much over, There should be a certain amount of time for the remaining mech(s) to stay alive before the dropship returns to extract them and they have to reach the dropship for extraction.

#559 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

View PostTTDeadsayer, on 22 February 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

During Drop Prep while waiting for everyone to click Ready, the mini map in the bottom left corner should indicate where your lance and the rest of your team is going to be dropped. That would be nice.

Also, at the end of any match, if there are only 1 or 2 mechs left on the losing team and the match is pretty much over, There should be a certain amount of time for the remaining mech(s) to stay alive before the dropship returns to extract them and they have to reach the dropship for extraction.

Part of me says that sounds cool, but part of me remembers the couple rare times I have seen the last pilot left on a team come back from being 4-5 kills behind.

#560 Rilmen71

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 4 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:29 PM

<p>I must agree with most of the players here-in, like &quot;AmodedomA&quot; &amp; &quot;Heffay&quot;... I've played both BattleTech and MW since the late 80's and as a childhood dream and someone whom has done research on war machine's, weapon's, Radar systems...etc...I have to say MWO has lost the concept of MW and replaced it with FPS (Black-op's) style of gaming and like MWT (MechWarrior Tactics) you've lost the vision. I would like to see....</p>
<ul>
<li>Better Radar radical's (Both Passive / Active) - Firing your LRM's/SRM's is like shooting WWII wire guided rocket's which had to use LOS...Modern (REAL WORLD) Weapon's do not use LOS with LRM's/SRM's and ECM's are normally Passive, though Radar can see target's and LRM's can still attack that target, the ECM does not cause the target to disappear it only limits the number hitting the target. Only Direct Weapon System's should be restricted by LOS... These Radar Radical's should not be made into mod's but be standard.</li>
<li>Active Radar should allow pilots to see enemies inbound behind them...again this sneaking in behind a multi-million C-Bill mech of Technical Advancement is (X-Box/PS console &quot;Black-Op's&quot;) ha..ha... In addition to Radar, most Maps Mechs are Dropped on, should be given tactical data...via their Drop-Ship and they just don't have it.</li>
<li>Targeting data - like Radar - it should show a multi-lock system both &quot;Active &amp; Passive&quot; with clear range detection...hate to say it but when the cross-hair scale's the terrain and your active target moves behind a hill, the cross-hair data vs. target range should not change nor should your weapon lock ( either bit an LRM/SRM or Direct ) when the target is with-in 300meter's. The Passive lock should automatically ( Range Based ) become the next &quot;Active Target&quot; unless manually changed...Many of the older and less Engaging MW games of the past had this...I would like to see this detailed upgrade</li>
<li>PVE - Would love to see this, (The &quot;Black-Op's&quot; style of GRIND is getting old) we need more story immersion and it would be nice for merc's to gain salvage and negotiate a % of C-Bill's for their trouble's win/loose...at the least it would allow newbie's a reason to maintain interest in MWO. PVE Mission's might include Scouting, outer-rim Defense / Offense, House - Clan or Merc Co-op's ( combination's there in like &quot;Faction Play&quot; already does - to a point )...</li>
<li>Rank &amp; file...Ranking systems should not be based on wins and losses. Either take them out or replace them based on campaign action's ( like the number of campaign's played ).</li>
<li>Maps...( a work in progress I know ) - however you need more and terrain vs. Radar needs to be better. Radar should also have collision / hazard warning's pertaining to cliffs and such...would be nice for such &quot;Evasive Radar&quot;.</li>
<li>Mech Construction / Refit's...some of those &quot;Hard Point's&quot; are very limiting &amp; Ideally a mechwarrior should be able to place any weapon into open slot's and not be so restricted...I can see ( based off of Battletech ) why the clan's might be so restricted but innersphere mech's should only be restricted based on weight / heat management. Greater Mix-Tech options should be expanded, the only reason why the inner-sphere was able to slow clan advancement was because of &quot;Mix-Tech&quot;.</li>
<li>Would like to see more Clan Weapon's like the &quot;Light Gauss&quot;, &quot;Thunder Ammo&quot; and Proximity class Weapon's.</li>
<li>Would be possible ( I would like to see ) &quot;Impact &amp; Reflective&quot; Armor.</li>
<li>the UI also needs work, as many have already said...Since Beta release...that would be nice.</li>
</ul>
<p>I enjoy Battletech and MW / MWO game's and really hope to see the game improve...of the a-fore mentioned above I would really like to see the Radar Improvement's vs. LOS and the PVE...<br />
</p>
<h3 class="row2">
</h3>
<h3 class="row2">
</h3>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users