101 replies to this topic

#21 Stelar 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:01 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 03 June 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:

And you're going to ignore the helpful features that were removed?

I didn't expect a widescreen LCD monitor to be ****** over...by one and only one game. Seems to be an issue on their part.

Besides...it's also an issue on the opposite end:

Totally Working as Intended™

Actually I think that is a reasonable complaint. It should scale up. However even that, is not worth the screaming hissy fit now in progress. This thread was unnecessary, and click bait. The OP should be ashamed of themself.

#22 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:03 PM

also the text size really does strain my eyes common PGI give me at least a little slack.

#23 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:04 PM

View PostMellifluer, on 03 June 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

never said i didnt want the new UI im just dissapointed that i couldnt choose between them to mix and match or like move windows and the general flow to me feels wrong. feels very betaish even by PGI beta standards

still dont know how to buy a new mech someone plx enlighten me.

This may be counter-intuitive for some people but you should probably try the "store" button.

#24 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:11 PM

Store Tab > BattleMechs > Mech you're thinking about > "View in Mechlab"

#25 Stelar 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:48 PM

I can't find the quote but someone was asking how to spin the mechs. Close the expanded UI in the Mechlab, then spin to your heart's content.

#26 Buzzkillin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:53 PM

When UI 2.0 came out, the same threads were made.

#27 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:53 PM

Eh. Sometimes I miss the old mechlab. With the mech silhouette where you could click on the part you wanted to swap to.

The only thing we need is for them to make it possible to see your mechs altogether and just click configure on them to bring up the mechlab. That's my primary concern.

#28 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:56 PM

View PostBuzzkillin, on 03 June 2015 - 08:53 PM, said:

Yes, but 2.0 didn't restrict or remove as many features.

This 2.5 screwed over the sub 1600*900 population by removing Mech Overview entirely (you can never see the paperdoll loadout of every component)

You can only drag and drop, no double clicking
Auto-replace becomes annoying because of this. Your ammo replaced your gun? Better open another 3 tabs.

Menus no longer auto-open when appropriate (removing weapons, ammo, or Omnipods)
This makes Omnipod replacement especially annoying, it's gone from 2 clicks to 8.
You can do that many times on a single mech.

Fixing those things would make it acceptable. As it stands, it's a downgrade for building mechs for us low res plebeians.
Removing nearly every handy feature, giving us an ammo filter in their stead.

Edited by Mcgral18, 03 June 2015 - 08:57 PM.

#29 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:00 PM

View PostRagingOyster, on 03 June 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

So,,,

I don't mind the new lab. I do miss the strip button (unless it's there and I've just missed it?) and I think the quirks should be more prominently displayed but on the whole I think the changes are welcome (and most of the player base seems to agree with me). It too me a few minutes of clicking through everything to get the feel for the new UI.

Creating a whining "dear pgi" thread calling their team incompetent is not the way to voice your complaints. B****ing and moaning every time something changes accomplishes nothing. If you have a complaint, be an adult about it and voice it instead of hurling insults at PGI and the other people in the thread.

My 2 cents

Edit: the resolution issues are clearly a problem that needs to be addressed. I imagine a hotfix incoming in the next few days.

There is a strip buttom - mechlab, select mech and at bottom its there.

I actually dont mind the new mechlab, it does take a few minutes to get used to. But it has quite a bit of functionality.

#30 Queek Head Taker

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:11 PM

The new UI is garbage... I really gotta know....

who brought this CRAP to a meeting and showed everyone in the meeting this... and everyone in the meeting applauded this crap!

Was it Larry the guy everyone hated and everyone was like... o nice GOOD JOB LARRY NICE UI!!! SECRETLY THINKING THE INTERNET IS GOING TO BITE HIS HEAD OFF!

View PostBuzzkillin, on 03 June 2015 - 08:53 PM, said:

Cause it was a ******** ui then the last one.... and now this is ******** then the last one too... and the next will be even ********!

This is why i don't do forums! once I start I can't stop!

#31 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:24 PM

View PostMellifluer, on 03 June 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

i still cant find how to buy a new mech

I wonder how you even manage to patch the game.

#32 Stelar 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

View PostHades Trooper, on 03 June 2015 - 09:02 PM, said:

Last i heard from you, you where a Richard, now it's been quite some time and your still a Richard.

Is that cause of being part of HHoD or is that just your nature?

I have a low tolerance for whining QQ **********. You seem obsessed with this thread, oddly I seem to recall we got along. Memories and all that I guess.

#33 Ragtag soldier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:43 PM

this is not a competent team, literally every problem was brought up in great detail with ideal fixes during the public test and they were mostly ignored because reasons.

View PostLexx, on 03 June 2015 - 07:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

I think most of the players are complaining about the new UI mostly because it's different and they aren't used to it yet.

I like everything better except for the mech select window and colors that look like they should be painted on to an Easter egg.

anyone referencing that godsawful book need to be beaten with sackful of nails. never darken my presence with it's stupidity again.

#34 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

View PostStelar 7, on 03 June 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

I have a low tolerance for whining QQ **********. You seem obsessed with this thread, oddly I seem to recall we got along. Memories and all that I guess.

Obessed? I've posted once, i think you have the 2 of us confused, your the one constantly posting not me.

There was 2 ways u could respond and still got your pt across, 1st was fair but stern, 2nd was be a richard and u took the richard avenue so, you know, call a spade a spade not a shovel, thing

#35 Stelar 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostHades Trooper, on 03 June 2015 - 09:44 PM, said:

Obessed? I've posted once, i think you have the 2 of us confused, your the one constantly posting not me.

There was 2 ways u could respond and still got your pt across, 1st was fair but stern, 2nd was be a richard and u took the richard avenue so, you know, call a spade a spade not a shovel, thing

You're right I mistook you for the other guy. You're also wrong, I have no onus to be kind to a guy posting ad nausium with nothing new, in a click bait thread.

#36 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

Posted Image

I think most of the players are complaining about the new UI mostly because it's different and they aren't used to it yet.

I like everything better except for the mech select window and colors that look like they should be painted on to an Easter egg.

do you have my cheese? i cant seem to find it.

#37 Chrome Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:48 PM

I see others have answered you so I'll just say that I had the same difficulty at first. I had to stop myself from trying to make the new UI work like the old one did. :P

#38 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:31 AM

Posted Image

This.

View PostMcgral18, on 03 June 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

Not that it's lacking several features that the previous mechlab had, or the fact it shafts some players completely by removing one of the few positive aspects?

No double clicking or equip button, no auto switching menus, Column only view that sucks balls and no mech overview.

See above; they've shafted so many convenient aspects.

But, hey, you can filter ammo now. It's got that going for it. Not like you needed to actually see the mech loadout in its entirety, did you? I hope you don't mind clicking 10 additional more times for the same thing that took 2 in the previous version.

Straight up improvement!

Sounds like operator error to me. Frankly, click and drag is working for me and doesn't appear broken at all. I don't have to double click on anything either, so that's a real plus. I'm not sure why it's making you double click and such, but you might want to contact Tech Support about that. Also, I'm actually kitting out Mechs faster than I used to now that I am accustomed to the new interface. Familiarize yourself with it before coming to the forums to whine. It's really not attractive and makes folks not want to help you. Personally, the Mechlab's working great for me, but I did have to put in the time first. I recommend you do the same. Nobody can really help you solve things otherwise.

Also of note is the fact that you don't actually ask for any help here but merely rant about what you don't like. That kind of ranting is better suited for the Jettisoned Thread. I suggest you take it there so that people who do want help can receive it more easily without have to slog through unhelpful posts such as that one.

Edit 1: Adding additional info
Edit 2: Grammatical fixes
Edit 3: Forgot to add Edit logs! :lol:

Edited by Nightmare1, 04 June 2015 - 11:06 AM.

#39 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:48 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 03 June 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

No double clicking or equip button, no auto switching menus, Column only view that sucks balls and no mech overview.

Straight up improvement!

So you didn't want it just like "Smurfy's" then? Like everyone asked PGI a bazillion trazillion times?

FYI. Smurfy's doesn't have "double clicking" or "equip button" and no Mech overview.

Maybe folks should have "refined" what they asked PGI for first. 99.99% of players, on this Forums, got the Smurfy's MechLab they were so horny to have. Just sucks to be one of that .01% I guess.

Edited by Almond Brown, 04 June 2015 - 08:49 AM.

#40 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 04 June 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

So you didn't want it just like "Smurfy's" then? Like everyone asked PGI a bazillion trazillion times?

FYI. Smurfy's doesn't have "double clicking" or "equip button" and no Mech overview.

Maybe folks should have "refined" what they asked PGI for first. 99.99% of players, on this Forums, got the Smurfy's MechLab they were so horny to have. Just sucks to be one of that .01% I guess.

Im not sure it's Smurfy's lab, but I don't see the issues with it. I found my Mechs easily enough. I don't have to rebuild a Mech yet, so I cannot really comment of the ease of use there. But I was spoiled by HeavyMetalPro, So anything that isn't that just isn't the best. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users