101 replies to this topic

#41 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:56 AM

View PostChrome Magnus, on 03 June 2015 - 10:48 PM, said:

I see others have answered you so I'll just say that I had the same difficulty at first. I had to stop myself from trying to make the new UI work like the old one did. :P

Funnily enough, I had to do the same thing with my Medium Mech play style, after dropping down from the Assault Class. They just aren't the same thing. ;)

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 June 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

Im not sure it's Smurfy's lab, but I don't see the issues with it. I found my Mechs easily enough. I don't have to rebuild a Mech yet, so I cannot really comment of the ease of use there. But I was spoiled by HeavyMetalPro, So anything that isn't that just isn't the best. ;)

It is more "Smurfy" than before. That is what was asked for.

P.S. I use REMLAB myself. ;)

Edited by Almond Brown, 04 June 2015 - 08:57 AM.

#42 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:05 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 04 June 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

P.S. I use REMLAB myself. ;)
Cross platform... nice.

#43 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:08 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 June 2015 - 04:31 AM, said:

Sounds like operator error to me. Frankly, click and drag is working for me. I don't have to double click on anything. Also, I'm actually kitting out Mechs faster than I used to now that I am accustomed to the new interface. Familiarize yourself with it before coming to the forums to whine.

Sheesh, some people!

Column view is rubbish; there is no Expanded for some people. As I said, PGI removed multiple time saving features.

There IS NO DOUBLE CLICKING or equip button anymore. Even if I did familiarize myself, it will always be slower. That's because they've, as you don't seem to be getting, removed MULTIPLE features that were rather nice.

No more auto swapping menus, which now takes roughly three times as long to swap Omnipods because of their new layout.

There is no ******* mech overview screen. You can only see what you have equipped one component at a time.

Before some dumb ass suggests Expanded view, I CANT ******* USE THAT.

View PostAlmond Brown, on 04 June 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

So you didn't want it just like "Smurfy's" then? Like everyone asked PGI a bazillion trazillion times?

FYI. Smurfy's doesn't have "double clicking" or "equip button" and no Mech overview.

Maybe folks should have "refined" what they asked PGI for first. 99.99% of players, on this Forums, got the Smurfy's MechLab they were so horny to have. Just sucks to be one of that .01% I guess.

Smurfy's is ENTIRELY a ******* mech overview screen, you daft little ****.

You don't need to click a tiny dropdown menu for every component.

The old UI had the equip button. Could be replaced with double clicking; as long as that functionality is there.

How the **** do we have a Smurfy layout? There is nothing even similar to it. The ammo filter? About the only thing even resembling it on my end.

Edited by Mcgral18, 04 June 2015 - 09:10 AM.

#44 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 June 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

more ugly stuff

Name calling. Mature. Perhaps ask could your Mom to have a look at it for you. She may be able to explain it to you better than us other "users". ;)

more wasted text

How the **** do we have a Smurfy layout? There is nothing even similar to it. The ammo filter? About the only thing even resembling it on my end.

Smurfy's doesn't have little pictures either. So it is more like Smurfy's now. LOL!

#45 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:28 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 04 June 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

Name calling. Mature.

Perhaps if you'd ever stop being a dumb ass, you wouldn't say the most ridiculous things.

You are one of the worst people on the forums for that, saying blatantly false things.

I also see you're ignoring the point of the post, which kinda refutes your entire post. You don't have anything other than name calling? At least mine had substance.

View PostAlmond Brown, on 04 June 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Smurfy's doesn't have little pictures either. So it is more like Smurfy's now. LOL!

What the **** are you even saying here?

#46 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

Switching from column view to expanded view: Why use a combo box? that requires two clicks and a movement, one click to drop down the menu, hand movement to select the option then clicking again to select the option.

Use a button, one click and you switch mode? too easy?

I like the new mechlab but at times it looks like choices are done without giving a minimum of thought, not to talk "review".

#47 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:57 AM

Column view is rubbish; there is no Expanded for some people. As I said, PGI removed multiple time saving features.

There IS NO DOUBLE CLICKING or equip button anymore. Even if I did familiarize myself, it will always be slower. That's because they've, as you don't seem to be getting, removed MULTIPLE features that were rather nice.

No more auto swapping menus, which now takes roughly three times as long to swap Omnipods because of their new layout.

There is no ******* mech overview screen. You can only see what you have equipped one component at a time.

Before some dumb ass suggests Expanded view, I CANT ******* USE THAT.

You don't need to click a tiny dropdown menu for every component.

The old UI had the equip button. Could be replaced with double clicking; as long as that functionality is there.

Well now, why don't we just pitch ourselves a little hissy fit?

How old are you Mcgral? I had previously thought you were an adult, but now I'm guessing you're age is somewhere closer to eight.

#48 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 June 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

How old are you Mcgral? I had previously thought you were an adult, but now I'm guessing you're age is somewhere closer to eight.

Getting tired of repeating the same thing, because dumb asses don't seem to be literate.

I also see you're ignoring the points; care to address them? Or just ignore them?

#49 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:00 AM

Seems to be a trend with some Jag Players. :unsure:

Maybe they are getting into Character a little to much. :huh:

#50 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 June 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Getting tired of repeating the same thing, because dumb asses don't seem to be literate.

I also see you're ignoring the points; care to address them? Or just ignore them?

I already addressed them in a casual post. You chose to get mad and pitch a fit because I disagreed with you, complete with swearing and name calling like some imature child. There really isn't any point in me discussing this with you further since you seem incapable of accepting differing points of view.

Adding you to my block list; I don't have the patience to deal with people like you. Figure things out on your own since you are actively rejecting help from others.

#51 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 June 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

I already addressed them in a casual post. You chose to get mad and pitch a fit because I disagreed with you, complete with swearing and name calling like some imature child. There really isn't any point in me discussing this with you further since you seem incapable of accepting differing points of view.

Adding you to my block list; I don't have the patience to deal with people like you. Figure things out on your own since you are actively rejecting help from others.

What ******* help?

Buy a new monitor was the only suggestion ever given.

#52 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 June 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Seems to be a trend with some Jag Players. :unsure:

Maybe they are getting into Character a little to much. :huh:

Most likely.

Frankly, I get sick of the nonsense like what this Jaggy character is generating. Is it really so hard to act at least half-way mature? It seems that people have no sense of respect or propriety any more. It's one reason why I generally avoid the forums. I had forgotten how lousy a lot of the contributors are.

I mean, really, the dude rants and asks questions about the new lab, then insults people who try to answer his questions and rants at them? He must be on some kind of meds...

#53 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:15 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 June 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

Most likely.

Frankly, I get sick of the nonsense like what this Jaggy character is generating. Is it really so hard to act at least half-way mature? It seems that people have no sense of respect or propriety any more. It's one reason why I generally avoid the forums. I had forgotten how lousy a lot of the contributors are.

I mean, really, the dude rants and asks questions about the new lab, then insults people who try to answer his questions and rants at them? He must be on some kind of meds...

And this **** won't stop insulting either.

He ignores my post, avoids all possible discussion.

Goddamn fucktards.

#54 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 June 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

What ******* help?

Buy a new monitor was the only suggestion ever given.

Last post:

I never told you to buy a new monitor. I merely described my experience with the new mechlab in hopes that you may be able to compare/contrast my experience and yours to find your solution. I am still learning the lab myself and haven't had time to discover all of its workings. I was hoping that we might be able to share our experiences with it to bring each other up to speed. I also rebuked you for whining about it before taking the time to invest yourself in it and learn it. In short, I was telling you to buck up and stop with the knee-jerk reactions, and to spend a little more time with it before pitching a hissy fit over it.

That's obviously not going to happen at this point. You're pyscho for taking swings at people who are simply trying to provide constructive feedback. You're also obviously too immature to actually carry on a rational conversation. You've been added to my block list. I won't see anything else you post or any messages you send. I have no patience for nuisances like you.

Good day.
Edit: Lol, someone got so rabid that he had to go downgrade my star rating because I wouldn't humor his tantrum? Real mature buddy...

Edited by Nightmare1, 04 June 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#55 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 June 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

Last post:

I never told you to buy a new monitor. I merely described my experience with the new mechlab in hopes that you may be able to compare/contrast my experience and yours to find your solution. I am still learning the lab myself and haven't had time to discover all of its workings. I was hoping that we might be able to share our experiences with it to bring each other up to speed. I also rebuked you for whining about it before taking the time to invest yourself in it and learn it. In short, I was telling you to buck up and stop with the knee-jerk reactions, and to spend a little more time with it before pitching a hissy fit over it.

That's obviously not going to happen at this point. You're pyscho for taking swings at people who are simply trying to provide constructive feedback. You're also obviously too immature to actually carry on a rational conversation. You've been added to my block list. I won't see anything else you post or any messages you send. I have no patience for nuisances like you.

Good day.

Your "Help"

[color=#959595]Familiarize yourself with it before coming to the forums to whine.[/color]

Goddamn hypocrite.

#56 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:26 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 June 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

And this **** won't stop insulting either.

He ignores my post, avoids all possible discussion.

Goddamn fucktards.
Imagine that! :huh:

#57 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:27 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 June 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

Imagine that! :huh:

Treat unto others as they treat you.

#58 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:28 AM

Edit: Lol, someone got so rabid that he had to go downgrade my star rating because I wouldn't humor his tantrum? Real mature buddy...
Are we supposed to care about that?

Was I supposed to be concerned if enough people I have never met clicked stars? :huh:

:angry: Why doesn't anyone send me the memos!

#59 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:30 AM

Good day.

"Helping" by insulting and whining, not participating in discussion.

Yep, that's a low star rating. Deal with it.

Edited by Mcgral18, 04 June 2015 - 10:30 AM.

#60 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 June 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Treat unto others as they treat you.

So then maybe you should look back and see that although a few pokes were taken at you. Vulgar language was not even hinted at.

So you want me to swear at you and act like a spoiled kid If you disagree with me? Where's the fun in that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users