• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:09 PM

Mechs are sold under Store tab

This is one of the things that bug me.

Isn't it supposed to be a Shop tab? Store tab means somethign we already have, that we haven't used for a while and we put in a store. A store is where you keep your inventory.

Why have things to be sold be in a place called Store?

#82 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:18 PM

View PostmasCh, on 04 June 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

This is one of the things that bug me.

Isn't it supposed to be a Shop tab? Store tab means somethign we already have, that we haven't used for a while and we put in a store. A store is where you keep your inventory.

Why have things to be sold be in a place called Store?

Dunno, most folks I know in RL though typically call Walmart and Publix stores though. Last I checked, you buy things there rather than storing things with them. :rolleyes:

#83 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 June 2015 - 12:18 PM, said:

Dunno, most folks I know in RL though typically call Walmart and Publix stores though.

Why is that though?

#84 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostmasCh, on 04 June 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Why is that though?

I have no idea, lol.

For what it's worth though, it reminds me of an encounter I had once as a young kid. A Yankee family moved to our Southern community and joined our 4-H Club. They became very active in it and became involved in a project I was leading. The Moms divvied up the duties for the project amongst themselves so that no one child volunteered his/her Mom to do too many things. This lady in particular volunteered to take a group of us kids to Walmart to buy materials. When we arrived, she turned to me and asked me to bring her a "carriage."

I blinked, looked at her, and asked, "A what now?" :blink:

"A carriage," she replied simply.

"I don't understand," I said, "What do we need a carriage for?" Inwardly, I was thinking that I only knew of one family in our area that even owned one, and was incredibly puzzled as to why she wanted one, let alone why she wanted one now.

"That, silly boy, please bring me one" she said as she pointed to the shopping cart rack.

"Oh," I returned, suddenly understanding, "You mean a buggy!"

"No, no!" She replied surprised and a bit exasperated, "That's a carriage. Buggies have two to four wheels and are pulled by horses."

I blinked again, looked at her, and said, "No Ma'am, that's a carriage. Down here, that (I pointed at the shopping cart again) is a buggy."

We had a good laugh over it. I grabbed the "buggy" and we completed our shopping trip.

If I were to answer your question, I would have to assumed that the reason why some people, such as myself, call a place of shopping a "store" while others, such as yourself, call it a "shop" is due entirely to regional differences. To me, a store is a place of business while a shope is a place where you go to get your car fixed. :)

None of it really makes much sense though. I suppose a "store" really should be a storage unit while a "shop" should be a place where you shop and a "fix" is where I would take my car. :lol:

#85 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:50 PM

I appreciate that story lol.

I think a buggy is something with an engine, like a golf buggy. But certainly not a carriage either.. What it was is a roller cart!

But really, a shop isn't a workshop :P When you go "shopping" its obvious you were planning on buying something, as opposed to going "storing"!

#86 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostmasCh, on 04 June 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

I appreciate that story lol.

I think a buggy is something with an engine, like a golf buggy. But certainly not a carriage either.. What it was is a roller cart!

But really, a shop isn't a workshop :P When you go "shopping" its obvious you were planning on buying something, as opposed to going "storing"!

Dude, golf buggy? Really? Everyone knows that it's a Golf Cart! :lol:

Real men don't go "shopping." We go "provisioning." :P :D :lol: B)

Edit: Wrong smiley face, lol.

Edited by Nightmare1, 04 June 2015 - 12:55 PM.

#87 Dahnyol

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

Mcgral18, you have been successfully derailed by "mature adults" who are distracting you from your original points with hand-waves and personal attacks for expressing frustration over a legitimate problem.

I swore you use to be one of these guys..? (Apologize if not)

#88 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:13 PM

View PostDahnyol, on 04 June 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

Mcgral18, you have been successfully derailed by "mature adults" who are distracting you from your original points with hand-waves and personal attacks for expressing frustration over a legitimate problem.

I swore you use to be one of these guys..? (Apologize if not)

I've gotten tired of everyone ignoring the not great decision that is this mechlab.

Too many features were removed; and no one was discussing it.

You'll notice they never actually replied to my complaints; they never did anything but tell me to stop whining, while ignoring my responses.

Quite a few ass holes in this thread. If anyone actually participated in a discussion, things could have gone differently.

Sad state on the forums recently.

#89 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:13 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 June 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

Wasn't quoting anything; just making a statement. Notice the lack of quotation marks, or quote block.

Not worked up about it, just annoyed with people refusing to discuss things. This guy apparently didn't want to discuss anything, just ***** and moan then block people.

Says he tried to help, but I didn't notice a single helpful post, just telling me to whine more, ignoring my argument, then faffing off.

Far too many of those people. Tired of having to repeatedly say the same thing. It seems most don't even read the post anymore.

Alright, fair enough. I am not going to argue about what people may say or how they behave, because that is simply not constructive imo.

Still, my suggestion stands. If you are that tired of these shenanigans, it might be a good time to step back for a bit and do something else. Maybe even ignore this entire thread if it helps keep things settled. :)

It may be unreasonable, but damn it, I care about the feelings of the people around me, even if I do not know any of them personally! I just wish it were so easy to make everyone happy. XD

#90 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

To all people who are really annoyed by having to click 2 or 3 more times to select a mech in new UI - How the hell did you play Diablo?! :D You did play it, didnt you? :huh:

#91 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 04 June 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

We still have those?

I finally got my significant other to start playing a couple months ago.

She now plays more than I do.

View PostNightmare1, on 04 June 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

-snip-

Regional vernacular!

#92 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 June 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

Dude, golf buggy? Really? Everyone knows that it's a Golf Cart! :lol:

Real men don't go "shopping." We go "provisioning." :P :D :lol: B)

haha this could go on and on.

But still, you'll never go "Storing"!

#93 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

View PostMellifluer, on 03 June 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

you need to learn to take a good idea and work with it STOP REINVENTING THE WHEEL, make a better wheel.

Huh?

#94 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostmasCh, on 04 June 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

haha this could go on and on.

But still, you'll never go "Storing"!

I only do that in the winter time! :lol:

Posted Image

#95 Argann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:10 PM

View PostMellifluer, on 03 June 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

hire competent people especially in the UI department. i know i didnt vote for this so i dont want to hear any BS about "the players wanted a better UI". i wanted a more tuned UI yes but not this garbage.

no reason to remove the old layout just because you wanted to add a new one. the old one augmented by the drop down lists and the choice to use elements of both/either would have been a better overall solution vs hamfisting everything.

more clicks to select a mech

no clear and one click solution to view the loudoat of a mech

i still cant find how to buy a new mech

not real window windows that have headers but you cant move or position them how you like

takes longer and more clicks to do anything and everything including select a single mech. think LONG and HARD about that one.

a text spreadsheet massacre omg why no icons? why no flow? why no color coding? why all grey? why remove old features instead of fine tuning?

cant figure out modules, one because it makes no sense also i can hardly read the text in fact i can read hardly any of the text on my monitor and i already got a headache from work today so its really a #$#$ all kinda day.

but lastly this feels like when microsoft removed the start menu for win8 and look how well that worked out. oh ya they are giving out free upgrades to win 10 and win 9 got canned outright.

clap clap clap now go do yourself a favor and hire competent designers because if you havent noticed its because of this kind of thinking that you never get anything TRULY DONE.

you need to learn to take a good idea and work with it STOP REINVENTING THE WHEEL, make a better wheel.

Do yourself a favour, and clean up your post. How do you expect people to read this? I know I am off-topic, but this is getting out of hand.

#96 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostArgann, on 04 June 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

Do yourself a favour, and clean up your post. How do you expect people to read this? I know I am off-topic, but this is getting out of hand.

That's one of the biggest reasons why there's so miscommunication on these threads! :lol:

#97 LonestarrSB

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:15 PM

am i weird for loving the new ui? it's not perfect but I think it's awesome so far. Just wish it was easier to see where modules are.

#98 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:19 PM

View PostLonestarrSB, on 04 June 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

am i weird for loving the new ui? it's not perfect but I think it's awesome so far. Just wish it was easier to see where modules are.

No, you're not weird. A lot of us like it. We did ask for it after all, lol.

Haters are just gonna hate. :)

#99 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 June 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

I only do that in the winter time! :lol:

Aha! So STORING is used to stack away inventory.. not used to purchase new things :)

#100 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostLonestarrSB, on 04 June 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

It's only great for people with high end machines that can run the required screen resolution.

For example, I can't play anymore on my desktop with Nvidia 460 driving 3 monitors at 1368x768.

To play MWO now I have to turn to my laptop, MSI Ghost GS60 with Nvidia GTX 870m but it only has a 15-inch screen.

I'm sure you can understand how it can be annoying to use mechlab on the laptop and logout and login with the desktop to launch the battle.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users