#23 DerHenker

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:40 AM

ok still problems and now also my pc freezes up :-(
gona reinstall my pc this we

Edited by DerHenker, 10 June 2015 - 04:41 AM.

#24 Daniel Travieso

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:18 AM

View PostLord Letto, on 06 June 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

I'm 100% Sure it's a Power Supply Problem

Guy upgrades PSU to 700W..still doesn't work.

Yep, so much for your 100%. And your reputation.

#25 Boom Chicken

Rookie

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:28 PM

I am having the same issue. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. seems to only happen in a game with other players. If I play in a training map it doesn't crash. I have explored the options of the power being insufficient and my pc is drawing about 240w and has a 650w power supply. more than sufficient. I have a fresh install of both the game and the up to date video drivers.

my pc specs
amd phenom 1.8ghz quad core
4gb ddr3 ram
xfx rx 460 4gb video card

any other information I can find if you need it. but this is what I know off the top of my head.

I have been trying to play this game for 3 days and I have yet to make it all the way through a single match without this error.

#26 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:15 PM

View PostPostosis, on 25 November 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

I am having the same issue. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. seems to only happen in a game with other players. If I play in a training map it doesn't crash. I have explored the options of the power being insufficient and my pc is drawing about 240w and has a 650w power supply. more than sufficient. I have a fresh install of both the game and the up to date video drivers.

my pc specs
amd phenom 1.8ghz quad core
4gb ddr3 ram
xfx rx 460 4gb video card

any other information I can find if you need it. but this is what I know off the top of my head.

I have been trying to play this game for 3 days and I have yet to make it all the way through a single match without this error.

Well, it's been a long time since I've seen this thread. I don't know why people necro things, seems like it would be better to create a new thread and mention what troubleshooting has been done based on old threads they've found, but whatever... moving on.

Is your GPU overclocked? Have you monitored your GPU temps while MWO is running? What PSU do you have? Are you using DX9 or DX11? Are you using the latest Catalyst drivers? Is Windows completely up to date? Have you tested your videocard in a different PCI-E slot? Have you tested it in a different PC?

And lastly, mostly for my own amusement, why are you still running an AMD Phenom chip? That must be ridiculously painful.

#27 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:54 PM

Just to add to Wired info.
  • Is your GPU overclocked?
    • If not overclocked, use AMD or Afterburner to underclock the GPU by 50-100pts
  • Have you monitored your GPU temps while MWO is running?
  • What PSU do you have?
  • Are you using DX9 or DX11?
    • This is important because of where some of the load is moved from CPU to GPU under dx11
  • Are you using the latest Catalyst drivers?
  • Is Windows completely up to date?
  • Have you tested your videocard in a different PCI-E slot?
  • Have you tested it in a different PC?
  • Adding, is the system free of any dust build up?
  • Have you tried running the game under 32bit instead of the default 64bit?
The shortcut to run the game in 32bit instead of 64bit has also helped those running low end systems.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 25 November 2016 - 08:54 PM.

#28 Philadelphia Collins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCookin some dirty burgers

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:40 PM

Hey henker, I've had this problem used to happen once every few matches. Only happened in MWO and ARMA3 both are rather unoptimized as far as high graphic fidelity games go.

My fix was to down clock my graphics card. I use a 770SC which means it came from the factory super clocked and runs at 1200MHz when fully loaded. Since this is EVGA I use precision X to downclock by ≈47MHz. Haven't had the problem since I started doing this and I lost maybe 5 frames. Since I'm still over 70average I don't consider it too big a loss. Hope this helps.

#29 Boom Chicken

Rookie

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:08 AM

Thanks for the tips and information guys. The final solution was to run the game in 32bit mode. so far it has played without problems now. I still don't think its a hardware issue. I play lots of other games at very high graphics settings and have never seen this error before. Now its back to killing. even though I missed the new player 24hr bonus cause I couldnt play for 3 days. maybe I can speak with support and get a free day of premium out of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users