How To Fix The Economy.

13 replies to this topic

#1 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:09 AM

Raise premium time to +50 percent like it is right now. So people actually want to buy it.
Raise Hero bonuses to +50 percent full time.

Rakin in the cash

Edited by Mavairo, 06 June 2015 - 09:09 AM.

#2 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:15 AM

We can dream, friend.
We can dream.

#3 Questia

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn permanent 250+ ping mode

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:17 AM

Except the first is exactly how it works? Not sure what you're trying to grasp there, the only thing that has changed with premium time is the rates charged (i.e. discounted prices for the weekend).

And the second... well, I don't have a Hero, so I can't say much. Could boost the popularity of them, though - expecting the Misery and Grid Iron population to explode from your suggestion...

I'd pay top dollar for an LPL-centric Hero though :ph34r:

EDIT: Also, this hardly counts for 'fixing the economy'.

Personal suggestion: increase rewards to put a bit more emphasis on teamplay, and to increase them in general so that the mininum would be about 50,000 and the average about 150,000.

Edited by Questia, 06 June 2015 - 09:19 AM.

#4 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

View PostQuestia, on 06 June 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

Except the first is exactly how it works? Not sure what you're trying to grasp there, the only thing that has changed with premium time is the rates charged (i.e. discounted prices for the weekend).

And the second... well, I don't have a Hero, so I can't say much. Could boost the popularity of them, though - expecting the Misery and Grid Iron population to explode from your suggestion...

I'd pay top dollar for an LPL-centric Hero though :ph34r:

Premium is only +30 percent normally.
Heroes the same +30 percent.

Horrendous.
This weekend both are +50

I haven't even activated any of my banked premium time yet....I'd be rolling like blake, if I did though!
As far as LPL centric heroes.

The Fang would be your friend then. Which is my weapon of choice this weekend!

Edited by Mavairo, 06 June 2015 - 09:20 AM.

#5 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:23 AM

Premium time is always +50%, they have just raised hero gains by 20% for the event.

#6 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:29 AM

Premium time is and always has been +50%.

Heroes and most Champions are normally +30%. Some are +50% this weekend only.

Founders Mechs were originally +25%, but were upgraded to +30% some time ago to match other Champion Mechs.

I've said for some time that Premium time should be +100%. That might make it desirable enough. Heroes don't need a boost because they're permanent. (You have to keep re-buying Premium time.)

#7 Questia

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn permanent 250+ ping mode

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:29 AM

View PostMavairo, on 06 June 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

Premium is only +30 percent normally.

I haven't even activated any of my banked premium time yet....I'd be rolling like blake, if I did though!
As far as LPL centric heroes.

The Fang would be your friend then. Which is my weapon of choice this weekend!

Welp, it is? My memory must have failed me - had a week's worth of premium time running, and I don't know its exact mechanics :P
EDIT: Now I'm not sure if it's 30% or 50%. My gut tells me it's 50%, though...

as for the Fang... really?
|one LSML check later|
No frick'n way, the quirks are comparable to that of the TDR-9SE! Sure, no JJs, XL, and inherent Dragon-ness, but damn that's an offer.

An offer I can't accept, sadly - I'm not exactly in the position to purchase it. FFFFFFFFFFFF-

EDIT: As for those who are curious about what exactly did I theorycraft with the Fang, this is what I made: XL 310, 3 LPL, 17 DHS, Endo. Not exactly the best, but it's a deviation from the usual right-hand ballisic-heavy Dragon.

Edited by Questia, 06 June 2015 - 09:37 AM.

#8 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:33 AM

Or they could make Damage, assist, and other smaller bonuses that were added into RW2.0 actually mean something.

Narc assists, kills, and ECM knockouts don't offer anything worthwhile.

AMS knocking out missles intended for teamates don't give bonuses.

All the teamwork aspects that Rewards2.0 are supposed to reward, don't really give you enough to compensate for the generally low Cbill incomes.

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:35 AM

How to fix the economy.
First PGI would need to create one.
Then Beta tests

#10 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostRoadkill, on 06 June 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

Premium time is and always has been +50%.

Heroes and most Champions are normally +30%. Some are +50% this weekend only.

Founders Mechs were originally +25%, but were upgraded to +30% some time ago to match other Champion Mechs.

I've said for some time that Premium time should be +100%. That might make it desirable enough. Heroes don't need a boost because they're permanent. (You have to keep re-buying Premium time.)

QFT

Premium time should be a 100% boost not 50 on C-Bills and XP as it would drive more people to buy and use PT since its more tangibly useful even for casuals who only pick up a 1 day or 3 day PT booster.

#11 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:02 AM

No, fix the Economy?

Raise Win bonus from 25K to 50K
Raise Damage bonus by 20%
Raise Assists from 4500 to 5500

#12 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:06 AM

That games should have virtual economies instead of level or items grinds is a great idea.

+1

Although the odd quest or what ever for an item is great or some kind of grind for some odd thing is fine to. Endless grinding for items(Which I have never done it is so repulsive) or levels just sucks.

This weekends event is a good example actually. Just as long as it isnt all week long or every weekend and is preferably in game. Its all good.

Edited by Johnny Z, 06 June 2015 - 10:10 AM.

#13 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:06 AM

How to fix the economy:
Add a 1.5x cbill bonus for first win of the day per mech alongside the 2x xp one.

This would fix and/or improve several things. For one it would give extra meaning to the currently pointless "get 3 variants to master 1 mech chassis" as you would get extra bonuses for doing 1 win on each of the 3. It would also encourage people to play more mech than just the one that is the current meta. And it would give premium bonus more value since the 1.5 for first victory would be multiplicative and as such premium itself would have a greater worth.

#14 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:14 AM

View PostKushko, on 06 June 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

How to fix the economy:
Add a 1.5x cbill bonus for first win of the day per mech alongside the 2x xp one.

This would fix and/or improve several things. For one it would give extra meaning to the currently pointless "get 3 variants to master 1 mech chassis" as you would get extra bonuses for doing 1 win on each of the 3. It would also encourage people to play more mech than just the one that is the current meta. And it would give premium bonus more value since the 1.5 for first victory would be multiplicative and as such premium itself would have a greater worth.

Their system of starting every pilot fresh for each chassis they want to master is awsome. That way when noobies come in here and tell everyone they dont know what its like we can laugh at them and say "ya, ya we do like 10x over". There are other things about it that make sense to.

The three chassis thing should be done away with your right. I dont like it because its not fair I already had to do it, but ya get rid of that and do something else. Cause its stupid.

No game out yet has a next gen leveling system as close as this game is becomming by the way. Linear drool inducing level grinding is so last gen. Mechwarriors can raise skills, mech bays, ranks and credits totals etc. in a varitety of ways and they havnt even begun yet really.

Edited by Johnny Z, 06 June 2015 - 10:22 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users