Executioner And Ebon Jaguar Countdown: 0 Days Left!

717 replies to this topic

#281 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,679 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:28 PM

Ye old dogs of war! Now ye will cringe!!

#282 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 11 June 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

:rolleyes:

Posted Image

...Nova sized, with a smaller face on torso profile. Wow.

#283 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 June 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

And higher mounted weapons.

#284 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:36 PM

Poor poor nova.

#285 Dekontoroga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:36 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 June 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

So... the TBR has at most +8 pts of armor in a location; but only 4 more in the side torsos where your most frequent deaths will come from. It CAN take jump jets, but they are terrible. The EBJ is superior or equal in every other way.

Unless they totally screw up the EBJ's hitboxes or do something inexplicably crazy, it's at worst a lower tonnage drop-in replacement. At best, it's just flat out better.

Thats where my Headache starts, the possibility to screw them ... the Quirks. While they nerfed the Timber almost to Hell with the Lasers they also buffed the cUAC´s quite a bit which was great. But i really hope PGI will make it a little bit better, still i am concerned they could making negative Quirks for these two Mechs. I hope, and pray!, that they at least learn from their Failures and make not -20% or even 30% negative Quirks somewhere but like 10 or less. Just make small Changes and not really big ones and you can Balance them, strike the Nerf-Hammer to hard and it will be a massacre.

PGI really earned some Points now that they intend to make the Game better Piece by Piece (no i mean the Real Game not the Mech Packages!) and while i could slap them for some failures you can at least say they are far more active in the Forum and Community then the last Years.

But back to Topic. Yeah from the Points you mentioned it could be a potent alternative for CW at least. Damn ... i want to configure it already in my Mechlab. I swear the first Days i will only be seen in the Garage!

Edited by Dekontoroga, 11 June 2015 - 12:40 PM.

#286 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:40 PM

Posted Image

It just makes the Nova look even worse. Now we've got 65 tonners the size of the old 50 tonners, only with better armor, weaponry and hardpoint heights. The only thing it lacks is hoverjets, which for the obvious weapon heavy builds is probably a positive.

View PostDekontoroga, on 11 June 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

Thats where my Headache starts, the possibility to screw them ... the Quirks. While they nerfed the Timber almost to Hell with the Lasers they also buffed the cUAC´s quite a bit which was great. But i really hope PGI will make it a little bit better, still i am concerned they could making negative Quirks for these two Mechs. I hope, and pray!, that they at least learn from their Failures and make not -20% or even 30% negative Quirks somewhere but like 10 or less. Just make small Changes and not really big ones and you can Balance them, strike the Nerf-Hammer to hard and it will be a massacre.

PGI really earned some Points now that they intend to make the Game better Piece by Piece (no i mean the Real Game not the Mech Packages!) and while i could slap them for some failures you can at least say they are far more active in the Forum and Community then the last Years.

I think I read somewhere that they will release them with minimal or no quirks, and adjust them after observing the metrics for a month or two. We will likely get some nerfs for one or both, but probably not immediately. I'm guessing we will see negative quirks immediately on the Executioner's billion-laser hardpoints however. That would keep in line with the Stormcrow and Gargy arms' negatives.

Edited by Greenjulius, 11 June 2015 - 12:42 PM.

#287 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

Maddog just called... he was very mad... i think he wanted lower stance for his legs...
Nova is crying in a corner. poor thing.
Timbie is looking strangly at his own legs.

Now seriously PGI, can we get your opinion on this?

#288 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 11 June 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

Maddog just called... he was very mad... i think he wanted lower stance for his legs...
Nova is crying in a corner. poor thing.
Timbie is looking strangly at his own legs.

Now seriously PGI, can we get your opinion on this?

I think we can all agree that mediums in general are oversized. As for the others... I hate to say it, but I think the Ebon Jag is the smallest 60-70 tonner in the game, and might be undersized. But I won't complain...

Edited by Greenjulius, 11 June 2015 - 12:53 PM.

#289 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 11 June 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

Poor poor nova.

I loved the Nova, but it's just sad in MWO, and I doubt it'll ever be good. Buffs helped it a bit, but it's just never going to compare to the Stormcrow, and probably not even the Scat.

#290 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

Added the Executioners model with the invasion geo addition on this post under the Cauldron.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4494361

#291 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:06 PM

I have to say, the Executioner's special Geometry isn't really that amazingly different, though I prefer that over something drastic that would've ruined it.

I can let the Cauldron Born get away with it, since it's a small mech in the Lore itself. But then again so is the Nova, part of me is really wishing for a rescale on the poor thing. And with the advent of the shadowcat, people who dislike the stormcrow will now have an alternative that has ECM, MASC, Jump jets and is lighter than the Nova. And will probably be smaller than it, too.

Edited by signal, 11 June 2015 - 01:10 PM.

#292 FluffehBunneh

• PipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 74 posts
  • LocationCaerbannog

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:09 PM

Daaws... The Cauldron Born is so tiny and cute <3

I would lick it :3

#293 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:09 PM

Posted Image

:o...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

THIS IS JUST WHAT I ASKED FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

:wub: :blush:

#294 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 June 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

I loved the Nova, but it's just sad in MWO, and I doubt it'll ever be good. Buffs helped it a bit, but it's just never going to compare to the Stormcrow, and probably not even the Scat.

Shame because it really is my favourite clan medium so far :(

Posted Image

This just makes no sense to me at all. 15t heavier and smaller? Seriously PGI?

#295 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostRyoken, on 11 June 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

https://s3-us-west-1..._20020.nphd.jpg
Yupp it looked something like this. I still think its a very good idea and making the special (I)nvasion geometry an exclusive option would also make people happy who stated they would prefer to field their C-Bill bonus mechs without the changed geometry features.

View Postsignal, on 11 June 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

I honestly am very happy that will not happen. These small modifications that are not very easy to access give a nice cosmetic reward to those that invest into the game.

I am very, very paranoid about model cosmetics. I've seen what it did to Team Fortress 2, where it lost all of its theme. And Planetside 2, where there's just tons and tons of different helmets to the point where it really doesn't matter anymore.

I'll take decals over Mech hats every time.

It wasn't mech hats.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm in favor of hand options!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#296 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:16 PM

View PostPhoenixNMGLB, on 11 June 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

It's not like it's the first time...
Zeus is smaller than a Quickdraw while being 20 tons heavier.

PGI's mech-scaling was ****** up since the first extra mechs were added way back in closed beta.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 11 June 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#297 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:18 PM

View Postsignal, on 11 June 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

I have to say, the Executioner's special Geometry isn't really that amazingly different, though I prefer that over something drastic that would've ruined it.
It's quite literally the first custom geo that I actually prefer to the regular variants. Well, I suppose it and the Battlemaster's.

I can let the Cauldron Born get away with it, since it's a small mech in the Lore itself. But then again so is the Nova, part of me is really wishing for a rescale on the poor thing. And with the advent of the shadowcat, people who dislike the stormcrow will now have an alternative that has ECM, MASC, Jump jets and is lighter than the Nova. And will probably be smaller than it, too.

Yup. I'm really good in Stormcrows (because, really, who isn't?) but I strongly dislike them. I didn't even want one initially, but ended up swapping my Summoner for it when the Clan pre-release PTR trial came out and I realized how awful the Summoner was.

I'm ecstatic for the Shadowcat, as it'll bring massive utility and comparable (useful, sustainable) firepower. The Shadowcat looks to be a freaking ton of fun to play.

I'm still sad, though. I loved Nova's, and really wish they were better mechs in MWO.

#298 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostPhoenixNMGLB, on 11 June 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

Cauldron Born canonically is less than 3 stories tall, it's meant to be a squat, wide, long mech with a very minimal vertical profile that is -- unfortunately -- an LRM and mortar magnet. The BT Ebon Jaguar (Cauldron Born) is less than 10 meters tall (note the Commando in MWO is 9.6 meters tall). Granted, the canonical height of the Nova is 8.3 meters (Shorter than the MWO Mist Lynx) and the canonical height of the Shadowhawk is 9.63 meters; shown in the middle. MWO's scale is on the right.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Now, that said...
Posted Image
As we can see, it is LOoooooooooooonger than the Dragon on top of being just as wide if not wider.
This thing is 65 tons, longer and wider than a Jagermech, more of an LRM and SRM and artillery magnet than a Catapult, and any side torso weapons you mount will make your side torsos that much larger. Trust me, this thing's plenty jinxed as it is at its current size.

#299 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:30 PM

Good lord that Executioner is the size of a Grasshopper.

#300 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:31 PM

View PostKoniving, on 11 June 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

As we can see, it is LOoooooooooooonger than the Dragon on top of being just as wide if not wider.
This thing is 65 tons, longer and wider than a Jagermech, more of an LRM and SRM and artillery magnet than a Catapult, and any side torso weapons you mount will make your side torsos that much larger. Trust me, this thing's plenty jinxed as it is at its current size.

See the video comparison of the side profile.

The Cauldron Born is the same length as a Timberwolf, BUT:

It's arms, while at exactly the same height as the Timberwolf's, are far higher relative to the fuselage. Look at that side comparison; arms will actually be able to block flanking shots at the side torso! It's torso is the same length, but only roughly 2/3's as tall - smaller side profile than the Timberwolf as well, even assuming the TBR isn't mounting shoulder boxes while the EBJ is.

33 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 33 guests, 0 anonymous users