Executioner And Ebon Jaguar Countdown: 0 Days Left!

717 replies to this topic

#301 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:31 PM

Side view scale comparison videos are up now too! On the main post.

#302 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 11 June 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

Side view scale comparison videos are up now too! On the main post.

Tina, you rock. Thank you!

#303 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 June 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

It's quite literally the first custom geo that I actually prefer to the regular variants. Well, I suppose it and the Battlemaster's.

Yup. I'm really good in Stormcrows (because, really, who isn't?) but I strongly dislike them. I didn't even want one initially, but ended up swapping my Summoner for it when the Clan pre-release PTR trial came out and I realized how awful the Summoner was.

I'm ecstatic for the Shadowcat, as it'll bring massive utility and comparable (useful, sustainable) firepower. The Shadowcat looks to be a freaking ton of fun to play.

I'm still sad, though. I loved Nova's, and really wish they were better mechs in MWO.

Sadly I don't think the Shadowcat will compete with the stormcrow in the same way. I think it will be a mech with more manouverability and practical options such as ECM and MASC, but it wont match its damage output.
I think stormcrows are ugly as sin though, so I welcome the Shadowcat with open arms

#304 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 11 June 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

Here you go! And Cauldron Born's as well.

Posted Image

Is this just my sick imagination or the Executioner really has a steam engine pipe? :blink: Also I humbly request details and an in-game video of MASC at work. I realise it is essentially a sprint button, but still...

#305 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 11 June 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

Is this just my sick imagination or the Executioner really has a steam engine pipe? :blink: Also I humbly request details and an in-game video of MASC at work. I realise it is essentially a sprint button, but still...

A MASC preview video will happen!

#306 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

View Postsignal, on 11 June 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

Sadly I don't think the Shadowcat will compete with the stormcrow in the same way. I think it will be a mech with more manouverability and practical options such as ECM and MASC, but it wont match its damage output.
I think stormcrows are ugly as sin though, so I welcome the Shadowcat with open arms

Oh, certainly. Less tonnage available; less firepower. However, it WILL compete with the Shadowcat in terms of very useful Mediums. I too find the Stormcrows horrifically ugly, and not in that "brutal war machine ugly" way that Orions and Wolverines are ugly-sexy... Stormcrows are just ugly.

I'm fine with less damage output, but more speed, stealth, and still very adequate firepower.

#307 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:05 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 11 June 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

A MASC preview video will happen!

Fixed it for you. ;) Perfect thing to leave people itching for on a Friday. For some it will be payday and a weekend to review. Then some more videos during the weekend update Finally a Good video a couple mins long for Monday and BAM we have the two I will be grinding some Executioner mechs finally! My time of Dual ERLL and Gauss will pay off.

Edited by CoffiNail, 11 June 2015 - 02:20 PM.

#308 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

The Executioners back looks quite alot like the Treb's, just one more reason to love it!

View PostCoffiNail, on 11 June 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

My time of Dual ERLL and Gauss will pay off.

Ha! you have been doing that with the heavy metal since closed beta, i think you are ready Coffi!

Edited by DONTOR, 11 June 2015 - 02:43 PM.

#309 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:19 PM

Fixed it for you. ;) Perfect thing to leave people itching for on a Friday.

Hey hey hey, don't go tweaking my infoI!
Everyone's gonna take it as a promise and then what happens if it doesn't happen?

But surprises are fun, so I won't tell you what's tomorrow until tomorrow arrives!

#310 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 June 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

Oh, certainly. Less tonnage available; less firepower. However, it WILL compete with the Shadowcat in terms of very useful Mediums. I too find the Stormcrows horrifically ugly, and not in that "brutal war machine ugly" way that Orions and Wolverines are ugly-sexy... Stormcrows are just ugly.

I'm fine with less damage output, but more speed, stealth, and still very adequate firepower.

Yeah, I don't plan to use it to boat many weapons either, just a minimal but powerful loadout.
I'm very biased towards the shadowcat, it was literally the first mech I've ever driven in any mechwarrior game (MW4 Vengance was my entry to the series).

#311 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:22 PM

Fixed it for you. ;) Perfect thing to leave people itching for on a Friday. For some it will be payday and a weekend to review. Then some more videos during the weekend update Finally a Good video a couple mins long for Monday and BAM we have the two I will be grinding some Executioner mechs finally! My time of Dual ERLL and Gauss will pay off.

Started playing my Zeus with 2xERLL and Gauss, not a lot of kills yet but some consistently high damage rates so far, taking very little in return. Has potential once I get better with slow speed sniping. Far too used to a Raven chassis! Maybe the Glad will be similar, with the sprint button for an escape or repositioning.

#312 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 11 June 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

Hey hey hey, don't go tweaking my infoI!
Everyone's gonna take it as a promise and then what happens if it doesn't happen?

But surprises are fun, so I won't tell you what's tomorrow until tomorrow arrives!

:D removed the last bit. Oh I like to guess, and everyone likes to speculate. Tomorrow!

#313 Samedi Wretch

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:35 PM

View PostFupDup, on 11 June 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

Judging by that video, it's almost certainly going to have a medium archetype. Even the Jager and Phract do and they're not as short.

Please tell me there's a video of it in motion somewhere!!

#314 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostsamadhiVOID, on 11 June 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

Please tell me there's a video of it in motion somewhere!!

Certainly will be in the next couple days.

#315 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:02 PM

4 more days of leaked info, getting better each day.

#316 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:22 PM

I love the fighter jet look of the Ebon Jaguar. Awesome work by the art team. :)

#317 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

damn, thats one small heavy

#318 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:54 PM

EBJ vs

NVA:
Posted Image

Posted Image

SCR:
Posted Image

Posted Image

MDD:

Posted Image

Posted Image

TBR:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Navid A1, 11 June 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#319 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:15 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 11 June 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

SNIP

Good comparison. TBH I REALLY wish they would have gone with how it could have been for the MDD and TBR in the legs and stance. That Timber Wolf with the slight height change is much more recognizable then the previous and looks more like they have been portrayed in the past.

#320 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

That was one thing that really stood out with the EBJ so that's a great comparison Navid A1.
Very low profile and very wide with the torso being horizontal more than vertical.
I did wonder how it would compare to the Nova and Stormcrow after seeing the video, seeing as it has 15 tons on the Nova and 10 on the crow.
Might be very tight for space in there, probably similar to the Timbewolf for space seeing as it has Ferro, Endo and the XL.
Nice looking mech.

The Executioner looks big and menacing. Nice comparison with the Banshee.
Just what you want out of an Assault.

If we could only wander about the mechbays in first person and check out the mechs personally I reckon I'd spend a lot more time just checking out the designs.

Thanks for the update Tina. Looking forward to seeing the next ones.

41 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 41 guests, 0 anonymous users