Executioner And Ebon Jaguar Countdown: 0 Days Left!

717 replies to this topic

#541 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:56 PM

View Postguy0320, on 14 June 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

We need to accept the fact that at the very least the executioner will be nerfed. With the omnipods, it can boat 13 lasers. If the devs were unhappy with laser boating timberwolves, they will certainly not accept a laser boating executioner with the ability to run 70+ kph indefinately (based upon masc footage in the video).

Nah with the pod space the thing has against other assault mechs PGI will probably just leave the executioner alone if not give it minor positive quirks. Now the cauldron born on the other hand might receive minor negative quirks to stuff like lasers but I don't think either will get very strong quirks in ether direction.

#542 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:45 PM

We need to accept the fact that at the very least the executioner will be nerfed. With the omnipods, it can boat 13 lasers. If the devs were unhappy with laser boating timberwolves, they will certainly not accept a laser boating executioner with the ability to run 70+ kph indefinately (based upon masc footage in the video).

laser boating.
Developers not happy.
*goes to Resistance 2 page*

#543 the hedgehog

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 14 June 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

no one cared who i was until i put on the mask

#544 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

View PostWrathful Scythe, on 14 June 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

That second face looks pretty pissed. :ph34r:

Posted Image

why does he have a snap for nose

you are kidding, right?
gargoyle can boat 12 lasers running 89 kmh indifinitely

#545 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostChapeL, on 14 June 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

I really don't see the Koala .. sorry guys.

How about now?

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 09 June 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

Of the Executioner face? A Koala
Posted Image Posted Image

View PostNavid A1, on 14 June 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

The Final reason that special geometry has done bad things to alex original design for EBJ:
Alex design was a true piece of art.
All i see in this "special" geo is balck balck and black...where is the camo?

Solution: Simple. Apply the camo to that black area in the texture file.

For the reference:
Spoiler

I think the reason we can have special geo with changable paint is because they included the special geo as an overlay to the base model. So, they only made the camo for the base mech, then the nose armor is bolted over the pattern. I.E. If we could somehow delete the special Geo, there would be the normal mech underneath. So, the special Geo has to be a fixed color in order for us to have changeable patterns.

#546 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

View PostGroxGlitch, on 14 June 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

Might want to double check your facts there. The Executioner has a top speed of 64.8 kph. MASC does boost it above that, but MASC does not last 'indefinitely'. Frankly, it's effective duration is rather short, and abusing the system can outright kill the mech in short order.
{snip}

He was talking about the Gargoyle, not the Executioner.

#547 GroxGlitch

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSome random backwater dirtball in the Inner Sphere

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:50 PM

View PostCimarb, on 14 June 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

He was talking about the Gargoyle, not the Executioner.

GAH!

Crap, you're quite correct!
My bad, I'm quite tired and I guess I glossed over a bit. I saw reference to the executioner in the bit he quoted and just... yeah, bad reading comprehension on my part >.<

I just removed the idiotic post. Sorry! Thanks for catching my screw up there.

EDIT: Having gone back and done a "make sure you're reading this correctly you idiot" re-read, not only did I mis-read what was said but I pretty much argued with some who was... making largely the same point I was. Just thought I'd point that out for the amusement of any passers-by.

Edited by GroxGlitch, 14 June 2015 - 06:54 PM.

#548 Sky Ferrix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNorth Augusta, SC

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 14 June 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

How about now?

I mean yeah, the large nose area kind of resembles a Koala's...but it loses resemblance once you get down to the giant chin and teeth.

I am a little biased, though. I like the Executioner too much to compare it to a small tree-dwelling bear. >.>

Edited by Foxx, 14 June 2015 - 06:55 PM.

#549 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 07:01 PM

View PostFoxx, on 14 June 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

I mean yeah, the large nose area kind of resembles a Koala's...but it loses resemblance once you get down to the giant chin and teeth.

I am a little biased, though. I like the Executioner too much to compare it to a small tree-dwelling bear. >.>

Haha, I suppose... but, it DOES have the ears :3 And the eyes-nose relative location. The nose is even cleft like an animals nose.

#550 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 June 2015 - 07:32 PM

View PostSkyrider1746, on 14 June 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

Nah with the pod space the thing has against other assault mechs PGI will probably just leave the executioner alone if not give it minor positive quirks. Now the cauldron born on the other hand might receive minor negative quirks to stuff like lasers but I don't think either will get very strong quirks in ether direction.

I doubt couldron born will get 'minor' negative quirks... would probably as strong as the timberwolf.

#551 ASHTAR0N

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:23 PM

So does this mean we will get the faction patterns in 2 days together with the executioner and ebon jaguar, or do we have to wait another month to get them?

#552 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:41 AM

View PostASHTAR0N, on 14 June 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

So does this mean we will get the faction patterns in 2 days together with the executioner and ebon jaguar, or do we have to wait another month to get them?

1st part.

#553 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:46 AM

I know you get the Mad dog (Prime (I), A, and B) for getting wave I and II top tiers...
You get the 4 Resistance "reinforcement" variants for Resistance I for getting top tier Resistance I and II...

Is there something out there that's specifically for Clan II and III?

I think it may be cool to get just something small for that..

Due to the fact that Wave II is mainly older clan mechs while wave III is typically competitors or replacement for those wave II mechs I think having something like the woodsman or so could be cool...

Or a hybrid back for like Clan wave II and Resistance I (or II?), giving the Corvis (Clan mech, origins of the Stormcrow and one of the predecesors to the Omnimech, this is kinda like a semi omnimech so to say...) and the Mercury (this is the IS predecessor of the Corvis. however it's a 20 ton light mech).

Not even asking for 3 variants/ alt configs (6 total) or even an R or I version of them. Just 1 variant would be cool ^^;

#554 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:02 AM

View PostKiraOnime, on 14 June 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

This is screaming "THIS IS MY HEAD' SHOT IT HERE!!!"

Posted Image

This yellow Head is really a bad idea. 3 Executioner without a yellow Face.. just the Jade Falcon. Do you hate the Falcons Color Designer? Please change it.

#555 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:05 AM

View PostBluefireMW, on 15 June 2015 - 01:02 AM, said:

This yellow Head is really a bad idea. 3 Executioner without a yellow Face.. just the Jade Falcon. Do you hate the Falcons Color Designer? Please change it.

He looks like a lego minifigure.
Personally I think Jade Falcons using that camo will probably change the colours, I can't see anyone using fleshface camo.

#556 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:29 AM

all mechs with Death heads should be able to apply a lighter color, on the head so you can see the "scary" face staring at you.
ie: the Founders Atlas, what's the point in having a death head if you cant see the geometry details...

#557 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:29 AM

You can always use another camo with JF's colors.

#558 bear_cl4w

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 34 posts
  • Locationanywhere.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:36 AM

is masc removable or not? Can somebody confirm whether or not this is true or not getting mixed messages. ca't tell :(

#559 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:59 AM

View Postbear claw, on 15 June 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

is masc removable or not? Can somebody confirm whether or not this is true or not getting mixed messages. ca't tell :(

It is removable.

However some clan mechs have it hard wired... that includes the Executioner (Gladiator) and Shadowcat.
However Cataphract 3L, Flea, Wolverine 7D, etc can add and remove it if they have... "MASC ability", kind of like jumpjets, they put one of the appropiate weight and size and can place it anywhere valid but not literally anywhere.

however on large mechs that would be size torsoes only. as they can't fit a 4 or 6 slot MASC in the CT.

#560 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:49 AM

Ugh...the wave 3 mechs look like utter crap too me compared to the concept art...super glad I refunded these...cbill version are only way I will get these fugly mechs. First wave so far the best clan mechs to date and likely ever will.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users