Executioner And Ebon Jaguar Countdown: 0 Days Left!

717 replies to this topic

#581 JRR1285

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:23 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 15 June 2015 - 06:26 AM, said:

Yeah, I avoided the Gauss right after the nerf... But it's always been my favorite weapon in Mechwarrior games... So a month or two later I started using it again, especially for CW. It's still quite good. And, I find I'm more accurate with it, since firing is on releasing the key rather than the clicking. Just wish the charge/discharge noises were a bit louder in a firefight.

I actually did not like the weapon at first in previous Mechwarrior games. I grew to like it in GBL using the Grizzly.

I agree on the noises needing to be louder, that would help quite a bit. The charge icon in the HUD has been useful for me though. I'm also getting used to the time it takes though I do have a few shots not happening due to letting off too soon.

#582 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostCimarb, on 15 June 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

My first try will be Gauss+LPLs. Really hope that is as fun as I think it will be. May do Gauss+MPLs as an alternate build, depending on how the arms work out as far as movement and spread.

I am hoping they announce the quirks today, but they come out tomorrow, so not too worried about it at this point.

I have a build for every variant already :P The only one I'm skeptical of being practical, is 2 LB10X, and 4 SRM6. That would only give me 2.5 tons for LB ammo, and 2 tons SRM ammo... Still, would be pretty vicious, just for a short time, lol.

View PostJRR1285, on 15 June 2015 - 07:23 AM, said:

I actually did not like the weapon at first in previous Mechwarrior games. I grew to like it in GBL using the Grizzly.

I agree on the noises needing to be louder, that would help quite a bit. The charge icon in the HUD has been useful for me though. I'm also getting used to the time it takes though I do have a few shots not happening due to letting off too soon.

Yeah, and on my Gauss mechs, any un-assigned weapon groups get the gauss set to it, so I have that many more squares turning green for more easily visible cues. I've got the timing down on most mechs, but with different ballistic cooldown quirks, it throws my timing off.

I suspect we'll see quirks today, one way or another. If the 1 day reveal isn't quirks, PGI's wonderful new habbit of announcing patch notes at least the day before, should have the quirks listed in it.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 15 June 2015 - 07:53 AM.

#583 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:07 AM

I like the idea of assigning unused weapon groups to the gauss for more visual cues in the HUD.

I try to go by sound but sometimes in the thick of combat you can't make it out clearly (especially if folks are on voice comms or a crit alarm is blaring in your ear). I only use 4 weapon groups so having 5/6 repeat the info might help land an extra shot here or there.

... is it Tuesday yet?

#584 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:11 AM

Yep, have a config for every variant set already. My prime should be a nasty mid range mech with 2xUAC10, 2xSRM4, and an ERMLAS. Consistently clears testing grounds with that loadout on a refitted stripped HBR in under 2 minutes. Then there is the two gauss setup, 3xUAC5 & 3xERMLAS, and a standard laser vomit.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 15 June 2015 - 09:13 AM.

#585 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostCimarb, on 15 June 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

My first try will be Gauss+LPLs. Really hope that is as fun as I think it will be. May do Gauss+MPLs as an alternate build, depending on how the arms work out as far as movement and spread.

I am hoping they announce the quirks today, but they come out tomorrow, so not too worried about it at this point.

It will be nerfed in to the ground pretty hard I imagine, I'd put it above the TW due to the Omni hardpoints allowing a lot of Energy and Ballisitics combining where the Timby you have the hard locked JJs, no E slots etc.

Edited by shad0w4life, 15 June 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#586 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

Since the stream hasn't started yet, I made a brightened up version of the EJ cockpit
Posted Image

#587 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

Post has been updated! Last day of the countdown today and NGNG is going to have a live game-play stream of these 2 in action! Watch on http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv ! Stream will be starting shortly and video will be up later for those who couldn't make it to the live stream!

#588 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

View Postshad0w4life, on 15 June 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

It will be nerfed in to the ground pretty hard I imagine, I'd put it above the TW due to the Omni hardpoints allowing a lot of Energy and Ballisitics combining where the Timby you have the hard locked JJs, no E slots etc.

Well, that depends on WHY PGI actually nerfed them... If it was to promote diversity, the TW nerfs might actually fall away once there are other good mechs,and now that ACs are worth a damn. But, of course, if it was for balance, well... Not so much.

Gah, a stream, can't seem to watch it from my phone, so I'll have to experience the glory when I get off work.

#589 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

waiting for stream to start, thx!

#590 Dekontoroga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:09 AM

Soon my precious .... soon ... you will be mine ... my precious ... ^_^

Posted Image

#591 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:12 AM

So no quirk info?

#592 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

There will be mechlab video later in the stream... possibly a couple hours in.

#593 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:26 AM

Why do people assume they will come with quirks day one? These are clan mechs. Were don't get those until three months later, then wish we never had them. :P

#594 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 15 June 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

Why do people assume they will come with quirks day one? These are clan mechs. Were don't get those until three months later, then wish we never had them. :P

No one said they will be positive quirks ;)

#595 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:52 AM

View PostDekontoroga, on 15 June 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

Soon my precious .... soon ... you will be mine ... my precious ... ^_^

Posted Image

To me, the EJ was always either in CSJ colours or in IS colours do to being salvaged, so it's really weird seeing it in other clans' colours.

#596 Dekontoroga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:08 PM

View Postsignal, on 15 June 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

To me, the EJ was always either in CSJ colours or in IS colours do to being salvaged, so it's really weird seeing it in other clans' colours.

A little but well i am in the CJF Clan so why not? Also this Pic is NOT made by me. I just googled it and found it, i guess it was even made here in an other Forum. So Credits to the Artist not to me! ;)

#597 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

#598 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

Tina on stream confirmed no quirks on release.  And this is not surprising to me in the least. She did, however, confirm destructible trees in the new River City.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 15 June 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#599 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 15 June 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Tina on stream confirmed no quirks on release. And this is not surprising to me in the least.

They need data on what is being meta'd and how the mechs work before quirks. . .

#600 Dekontoroga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:44 PM

Also without the "LRM" Pods the Couldron Born is freaking small! I want it! Now! Please! :blink:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users