Executioner And Ebon Jaguar Countdown: 0 Days Left!

717 replies to this topic

#221 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:29 PM

Been away from Internet service for over a year, reinstalled yesterday morning after I saw that jaguar. All the fly girls like guys driving jags. Really glad to be back.

#222 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:34 PM

View PostEboli, on 10 June 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

Well, I have splashed the the full pack. Looks like I am going to be playing Clan mechs for a while and it has been over 8 months since I last played them.

Better get some cockpit time in before next week to get used to the differences. I will be shedding tears with every IS mech I destroy though. :huh: :blink:

Cheers

crocodile tears :3

How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail...

#223 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,373 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:10 AM

View PostWalluh, on 10 June 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

I wish to make sweet sweet love to that Cauldron Born.

And I'm spent!!

#224 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:55 AM

View PostWalluh, on 10 June 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

I wish to make sweet sweet love to that Cauldron Born.

Well... i dont think id want to go that far.... the ebany look cool, if i saw someone trying hump it's leg that be disturbing indeed!!!!

Edited by Death Storm, 11 June 2015 - 12:56 AM.

#225 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:08 AM

@Walluh

"I wish to make sweet sweet love to that Cauldron Born."
I think youre exaggerating the "be one with your Mech" stuff Abit ,.. dontya?

Edited by Russhuster, 11 June 2015 - 01:09 AM.

#226 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:41 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 10 June 2015 - 02:18 PM, said:

Take a look at these model screenies below, the second image has the special geo addition.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanx for the info Tina. I also got a bit mixed feelings about the muzzled look of the (I) variant. Are there any new info on toggle on/off options for the unique geometries?

Back in the day PGI did release some pictures about switchable geometry features on mechs to give players more individualization options. As everyone has a different taste what design looks good or bad the option to select different design features in the mechlab would be the only way to make everyone happy.

#227 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:44 AM

View PostRyoken, on 11 June 2015 - 01:41 AM, said:

Thanx for the info Tina. I also got a bit mixed feelings about the muzzled look of the (I) variant. Are there any new info on toggle on/off options for the unique geometries?

Back in the day PGI did release some pictures about switchable geometry features on mechs to give players more individualization options. As everyone has a different taste what design looks good or bad the option to select different design features in the mechlab would be the only way to make everyone happy.

Sadly those ideas kinda died atm.

It would require a hell-a-lot-more work on skins and stuff
Things like Catapult nose, atlas eye, atlas skull, cages, etc... may have issues

HOWEVER it is in a WIP atm from what I heard, however I think insignias will come out before custom geometry switches.

#228 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:02 AM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 10 June 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

Keep at it sheep...while you make sure we keep getting more expensive mech packs we will never see anymore unique game modes for this series.

Ironically 1 new game mode for normal public matches is coming as well as more ways to interacts with AI's such as Union and Overlord dropships.

Also the whole overhaul of the new maps will also improve capability of new game modes... this is me just saying the basic stuff and not even commenting on the fact that if it isn't for these 'sheeps' you wouldn't even have this game to play or forum to use.

#229 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:06 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 11 June 2015 - 02:44 AM, said:

Sadly those ideas kinda died atm.
It would require a hell-a-lot-more work on skins and stuff
Things like Catapult nose, atlas eye, atlas skull, cages, etc... may have issues
HOWEVER it is in a WIP atm from what I heard, however I think insignias will come out before custom geometry switches.

Well I think the idea kind of got revived again with Russ' confirming full camo support on wave III Invasion mechs. So they allready made the efford* for those four mechs and will do for further mechs down to founders. So why not allow players to choose? Options is the key word!

* it was a bad decision in the first place to deny customers who allready payed for contend to further individualize it, this was basically putting restrictions on the people who pay the game.

Edited by Ryoken, 11 June 2015 - 03:08 AM.

#230 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:06 AM

View Post1453 R, on 10 June 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

The only part of a Cauldron_Born you're ever going to see is the part of it that kills you.

This is probably my new favorite quote regarding the Cauldron Born

#231 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:10 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 11 June 2015 - 03:02 AM, said:

Ironically 1 new game mode for normal public matches is coming as well as more ways to interacts with AI's such as Union and Overlord dropships.

Also the whole overhaul of the new maps will also improve capability of new game modes... this is me just saying the basic stuff and not even commenting on the fact that if it isn't for these 'sheeps' you wouldn't even have this game to play or forum to use.

Make that two new game modes on the way 4 v 4 for CW and a new mode in the works for pub queue.

Plus an overhaul of assault game mode.

Paint me happy

#232 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:16 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 10 June 2015 - 02:18 PM, said:

Take a look at these model screenies below, the second image has the special geo addition.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Tina! What we also see in this is a short of it standing still, so now everyone really can rest easy about its legs.

#233 Mardek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:37 AM

my only concern on the EJ is that probably will suffer fom a Victor syndrome with those arms =P

#234 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:48 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 11 June 2015 - 03:02 AM, said:

View PostPhoenixNMGLB, on 11 June 2015 - 03:10 AM, said:

Make that two new game modes on the way 4 v 4 for CW and a new mode in the works for pub queue.

Plus an overhaul of assault game mode.

Paint me happy
And a Stock Match option for Private Matches.

Darthbane is one of these that don't understand how business / the game really works, spouting the same rhetoric over and over based on limited and false knowledge.

If there isn't profit, development of the game won't continue.
Mech sales are how they pay the bills.

Additionally, these people forget (or ignore) that Mech and Game development have different departments working on them.

That said, I'd happily help crowdfund certain things to make it more viable. (I did with the Urbs. :P)

Mainly, a weapons pack.
Maybe have 1-4 mechs in it using the new weapons, but the core of it would be adding the Circa 3052 weapons we're missing.
It'd need to be an IS pack as pretty much all of these are IS only.
Mainly Binary Laser Cannons, Grenade Launchers, Light / Medium / Heavy Rifles, Rocket Launcher 10 / 15 / 20s and Mech Mortar 1 / 2 / 4/ 8s.

LAMS (which are clan only) would be nice too, and if possible some Artillery (Arrow IV and some flavour of Ballistic, be it Long Tom, Sniper, whatever), though I've been told there's technical issues with the engine on those.

Do it as a $20 pack, comes with the mechs and a few of each weapon to fund development of them.
I'd get it.

#235 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:14 AM

Can we get some intel as to the Quarks? and how is MASC going to work?

#236 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:18 AM

View PostKnightshadowsong, on 11 June 2015 - 04:14 AM, said:

Can we get some intel as to the Quarks? and how is MASC going to work?

Patience... It is coming...

MASC is going to have a heat scale of its own. After you hit critical levels, your legs will start taking internal damage similar to an engine overheat. Eventually leading to your mech exploding as both your legs blow off if you push it too hard. That was said in the town hall.

#237 Rivenstar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPHILADELPHIA

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:47 AM

View Postreign, on 10 June 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

That shield arm... any word on us early adopters, How many D right/left torso's will we have access to?

Best part about these pictures is that the countdown to release will coincide nicely with the burn time of that dual ER Large photo. Matter of fact I think the countdown will end before the lasers will..

#238 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:04 AM

I have to say this has got to be close to my favorite redesign ever, and by far one of the biggest improvements from the old artwork.

Not that Im trying to say I dont like any of the other mechs.

#239 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:24 AM

View PostRyoken, on 11 June 2015 - 01:41 AM, said:

At one point during the closed beta, there was talk of them potentially making and selling different external mech geometry customizations such as alternate Atlas heads.

#240 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:46 AM

View PostKoniving, on 11 June 2015 - 05:24 AM, said:

At one point during the closed beta, there was talk of them potentially making and selling different external mech geometry customizations such as alternate Atlas heads.

https://s3-us-west-1..._20020.nphd.jpg
Yupp it looked something like this. I still think its a very good idea and making the special (I)nvasion geometry an exclusive option would also make people happy who stated they would prefer to field their C-Bill bonus mechs without the changed geometry features.

84 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 84 guests, 0 anonymous users